FS 2017 Controls for Mac/Xbox one Controler

W1der

Re: FS 2017 Controls for Mac/Xbox one Controler

Post by W1der »

Is the game responding to the controller at all?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Jltucker

Post by Jltucker »

yea it works now my only problem is the controls. they are all swapped around they and i cannot change them
W1der

Post by W1der »

You might be able to change it in the inputBinding.xml with a text editor.

I have made this operation with some inputs that was not available in the controls menu (like the ones used to rotate a placeable object in the shop menu).

BTW ... you might wanna check the inputBinding.xml for "rights" ... is it open for your profile/user to make changes or is it "locked" for some reason?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Jltucker

Post by Jltucker »

i can make changes to the file. just not sure what to change . there is alot in there
W1der

Post by W1der »

What you need to look for is where it says "device" and the number used by the game for your gamepad (which should already be in the xml file if you find a command that is already mapped and working).

In my case the gamepad is "6" ... but yours will probably have a lower number.

And then the "axis" or "button" right behind the "device" ...

These should be the only ones you need to change ... the other ones are for keyboard mouse etc ...
A couple of examples ...

Axis ...

Code: Select all

<axis name="AXIS_MOVE_FORWARD_PLAYER" category="ONFOOT" key1="KEY_s" key2="KEY_w" device="6" button="" axis="AXIS_2" invert="false" isHalfAxis="false" mouse="" mouseAxis="" key3="" key4="" button1="" button2="" mouseInvert="false" visible="true"/>
Change this ...

device="6" button="" axis="AXIS_2" 
Button ...

<input name="CROUCH" category="ONFOOT" key1="KEY_lctrl" key2="" device="6" button="BUTTON_5" mouse="" visible="true"/>
Change this ...

device="6" button="BUTTON_5"
To be on the safe side ... make a copy of the xml before you start ... and if you get it to work ... also make backups along the way until you are finished.

Any typing errors you make will probably end up with the game making a new default file and all your work is gone ... (been there done that).
Jltucker

Post by Jltucker »

is there a way i can copy and paste the controls for xbox and transfer them?
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

FYI. I just found the following site which allows you to check if your controller is detected correctly by the OS: http://html5gamepad.com

What does it show there for the number of buttons and axes of the controller?
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Jltucker

Post by Jltucker »

this is what it shows and all the buttons work
Jltucker

Post by Jltucker »

<input visible="false" name="CONSOLE_ALT_COMMAND_BUTTON" category="VEHICLE" key1="" key2="" device="1" button="BUTTON_5" mouse=""/>
<!-- L1 -->
<input visible="false" name="CONSOLE_ALT_COMMAND2_BUTTON" category="VEHICLE" key1="" key2="" device="1" button="BUTTON_6" mouse=""/>
<!-- R1 -->

found this line of code in the input bindings. I think this may be the reason my controls are messed up its changing everything around because L1 and R1 are set to false
W1der

Post by W1der »

Did this solve it?
Jltucker

Post by Jltucker »

no because it wont let me change it permanently . when i load up the game it resets everything in the bindings
W1der

Post by W1der »

You might wanna try to reinstall the game.
Not sure if you need to make backup of your savegame files or not but better be on the safe side if you go down this road.

I cant recall ever heard this issue being reported before.

GIANTS support might be able to help ...
http://farming-simulator.com/support.ph ... country=se
Jltucker

Post by Jltucker »

yea i might try that.

I have been trying to contact Support for 3 weeks now No response so im not sure on what to do
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Reinstalling the game won't help, since it only replaces the app, but all settings will stay intact unless you also delete the FarmingSimulator2017 folder.

Based on the output of the html5gampad site it looks like there is a difference in the amount of buttons that the OS thinks the game pad has (16) than what the game thinks (21), which might be part of the issue.

Since you've tried a lot of things so far (using different drivers etc.) it might be worth trying to start the controller configuration in the game from scratch. To do that quit the game and then remove the inputBinding.xml file completely from the FarmingSimulator2017 folder.

Now make sure that the controller is connected and working correctly on the OS (by checking via the htm5gamepad site for example) an then start the game again. This should now create a new inputBinding.xml file.

When you get to the main menu of the game quit it again and then check in the log.txt what amount of axes and buttons is now reported for the gamepad. If it matches the amount of axis and buttons shown by the html5gamepad site then the gamepad should be detected correctly in the game and you should be able to configure it via the 'Options - Controls' screen.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules