FS 2017 Controls for Mac/Xbox one Controler

Jltucker

FS 2017 Controls for Mac/Xbox one Controler

Post by Jltucker »

I have been playing FS 2017 for a while now with my controller and everything has been working great! untill i moved to my new computer... (I have a Macbook pro) I had everything set up the same as my previous computer same controller and everthing but now for some reason on this download all the controls for my controler are messed up! I am and have been using a xbox one controler (bluetooth and plugged in via usb) for a long time and no problems all the controls were perfect until now. to go forwards insteat of using RT in our vehicle you push the left stick up withch makes it very hard to steer and i have no control over the camers! I have tried going into the controls and changing them myself but none of them would work it would not met me change and of the stick configurations or left and right triggers. I know my controller isnt bad because i tried it on my brithers comouter with his farming sim and it worked great. Is there and way to get my original controls back or is this a thing you are working on? I need help please. Using the keyboard makes gameplay miserable for me with a controller its alot more enjoyable. I you can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Jeret

Edit don_apple: moved from german to english section.
don_apple

Re: FS 2017 Controls for Mac/Xbox one Controler

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

In order to be able to help here we will need some information about your setup, therefore please post the log.txt of the game here (see the link 'log.txt' in my signature for instructions on where to find it and how to post it here).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
W1der

Post by W1der »

Do you still have your old computer available and can access the inputBinind.xml file on it?
It should be a matter of "copy and paste" (at least I would try it).

But you say that you can not change the controls in the controls menu, this sounds strange.
don_apple is the "go to guy" when it comes to technical stuff on Mac for this game ... so if you provide the log.txt he might be able to help (he was very helpful when I was playing the game on my iMac).
viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Jltucker

Post by Jltucker »

I do not have my old computer. I traded it in when i got my new one.

And i know there are alot of mod errors i am removing them as soon as possible.

Thank you
Attachments
log copy.txt
(37.57 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Thanks for providing the log.txt, which shows that the game hasn't even detected the Xbox Controller:

Code: Select all

Input System
  Keyboard enabled
  Mouse enabled
  Gamepad/Joystick enabled
  Force Feedback disabled
Therefore I suspect the there is an issue on the OS side.

Have you installed the driver on macOS that is needed to use the Xbox Controller?

I'm using an Xbox Controller as well and I had to install the driver from https://github.com/360Controller/360Controller to be able to use it with macOS.

After installing the driver on macOS and verifying that the Xbox Controller is detected correctly I'm able to use it in the game as well. In the log.txt it shows up as follows:

Code: Select all

Input System
  Keyboard enabled
  Mouse enabled
  Gamepad/Joystick enabled
  Force Feedback disabled
    Name: Xbox 360 Wired Controller
    Number of Axes: 6
    Number of Buttons: 15
So until you see the controller listed in the 'Input System' section of the log.txt the game won't recognise it and you can't use it.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
Jltucker

Post by Jltucker »

Mine is a xbox one Controler does that make a difference.

I have the driver i thing (see attached images) but it might not be the right one. i thought i downloaded the same one from before but maybe not
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Jltucker

Post by Jltucker »

For some reason when i connect the xbox controller via bluetooth the driver in my settings doesnt reconize it it like nothing is even connected. but when i plug it in via usb it will reconize it. but when i log into the game the controls go nuts! in the main menu it looks like i am scrolling through the options but im not i havent even touched the controls yet. but when i un plug it and use regular blue tooth it wont do that. it will work but my controls are messed up. so im not sure on wheat to do
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Based on the icon in the screenshot it looks like its the same driver, but to verify I would need a screenshot of the 'About' tab. This is what mine looks like:

But it looks like since you are using the Bluetooth version of the Xbox Controller you actually don't need a driver:
https://github.com/360Controller/360Con ... -bluetooth

Therefore I would recommend to try to uninstall the driver (see https://github.com/360Controller/360Con ... stallation) and then try to use the controller without it.

BTW. If you want to post images here please use the image server provided by Giants: viewtopic.php?f=852&t=88819
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker
Jltucker

Post by Jltucker »

thanks for the tip.

just tried uninstalling the driver it worked i have control but the controls are still messed up. instead of A for select its B everythung is different
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

OK, glad to hear that we've been able to sort some parts of the issue out.

Now please verify that there controller shows up correctly in the 'Input System' section of the log.txt. If that's the case then it is recognised correctly and all you need to do is map the controls the way you like them via the 'Options - Controls' screen from the main menu of the game.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker
Jltucker

Post by Jltucker »

Input System
Keyboard enabled
Mouse enabled
Gamepad/Joystick enabled
Force Feedback disabled
Name: Xbox Wireless Controller
Number of Axes: 4
Number of Buttons: 21

looks to be too many buttons to me
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Sorry, if the amount of axes/buttons isn't detected correctly I can't help any further.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker
Jltucker

Post by Jltucker »

do you know who i can contact to help? you have been great help so far btw!
W1der

Post by W1der »

I think the number of buttons is correct (as the numpad/D-pad is probably 8 of them) ... you also have buttons on your sticks and the xbox button ...
I counted it twice in my head and I get it to 21 buttons in total.
Can you change your bindings manually in the controls menu now?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Jltucker

Post by Jltucker »

no sadly i just tried that . that was my hope it still doesnt let me change it