Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle

D.Acker

Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle

Post by D.Acker »

Good evening everyone.

I know many people have had issues with the Saitek Heavy Equipment bundle particularly with the steering wheel doing things like disconnecting or make vehicles randomly turn (I know I have). I am now getting my 4th bundle under warranty from Logitech. The previous two units they've had me destroy. This time, they are requesting I send my current unit back for examination.

I know there are fixes out there, but these have a 2-3 yr warranty on them, I would urge you to submit a warranty claim if your unit fails and falls in the warranty period.

Logitech has been very easy to work with and they can't improve the product or fix issues if they don't know about them.

So a quick run of my issues.

1st unit - Random disconnects (occurred within 6 months of purchase), side panel functions normally

2nd unit - Would randomly cause vehicles to turn left (lasted 20 days from receiving), side panel functions normally

3rd unit - Same as the first.

Edit don_apple: modified title to make it clear that this thread is about the Saitek wheel and panel and moved thread to 'Technical support'
W1der

Re: Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle

Post by W1der »

I have had 6 of those with the same issue before my retailer ran out of stock and offered me the Logitech G920 instead.
This wheel has lasted longer than the 6 "Saitek" ones combined and then some!
They all lasted about 200-300 hours.

For 1 of them I actually took a look inside to see if I could fix it myself, but the design had changed and was different from the one I had seen fixed in a YT clip ... so I decided not to mess with it.

It´s a good thing that Logitech wants to have it back for trouble shooting ... but all and all it would be better if they totally redesigned this thing as it has a very bad rumor on the market by now.
The side panel seems to be a better construction but on one of them I had a button "cave in" ... this I managed to fix myself.
It would be nice if they used a hall sensor for the joystick though ... would give it a lot better precision.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Shollis

Post by Shollis »

Sons just recieved his 3rd. I'd have thought this is costing them enough that it would have been rectified by now?! This is the last one before I go down the refund route. Driving us all mad!!
D.Acker

Post by D.Acker »

Yup, last one went back and they gave me a refund. Bought a G29 and very happy with it so far.
LBullied

Post by LBullied »

Mine lasted about two months when it started acting up, this was before Logitech when it was still Saitek and I heard there warranty program was very slow so I fixed it myself but it kept breaking, after six months it shorted something in the board and the computer doesn't recognize it anymore.
It is a poor design from the start, you have two wires running up through the center of a wheel that turns 900 degrees, they get all twisted up and eventually the little wires inside break. The part they would need to use to fix the issue is about $500.00 Canadian retail but they could get it cheaper wholesale in bulk lots.
It might be worth it because it worked really good for farm sim.