Problem

sisuz

Problem

Post by sisuz »

Why I can't download mods from the internet? I download them and put then in to the mods folder and they are not in the game when I start it. Please im quite annoyed. :?:
Boddi

Re: Problem

Post by Boddi »

Hi :hi: :hi:

One the main menu... When you click on 'Mods' to open the mod list... Don't they even show up in that list?

If they don't show up, and you're sure you've put them inside the mod folder, I can think of a couple of reasons:

1. The mod has errors making it disappear from the mod list.
2. The mod has to be unpacked/unzipped. Some mods come as packs you'll have to unzip.

If you can find the mod in the in-game mod list, there's at least two reasons why it won't show up when you start a new game or a saved game:

1. You forgot to check the check boxes on the mod list that appears just before the screen where you press the 'Start' button.
2. The mod has errors.

Hope this helps :smileynew:
W1der

Post by W1der »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

You might find one of these YouTube clips helpful ...
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... lling+mods
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Or... if you are like me and have multiple places to download mods to. Mods that have to be unpacked, I put into a folder outside of FS17's mod folder, unpack it and then drag and drop the appropriate files into the games mod folder. I have, accidentally downloaded them to the separate folder instead.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.