Noob needs help with Courseplay

Goooober

Noob needs help with Courseplay

Post by Goooober »

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong form, please feel free to move it if it isn't.

I'm trying to use courseplay for harvesting but for some reason when i use a Headland the Combine with harvest the headland like normal and then move to the way point to begin harvesting in lanes. The problem is is that the combine harvests the first lane but then simply doesn't turn around to begin the next lane. Instead it just continues in a straight line until it hits an obstacle.

The image above shows the course of my latest failed attempt. After completing the Headland It starts the first lane from North, head South and just keeps on going. It makes no attempt to turn around start the second lane.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
CombineBert

Re: Noob needs help with Courseplay

Post by CombineBert »

Hi, do you have it set in field work mode? (Daft question I know, but just to be safe)
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
pvajko

Post by pvajko »

If this still happens, create an issue on the courseplay site as described here: https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay/wiki.

In the meanwhile you can try different settings for starting direction or headland corners.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I have that problem every now and again with mowers when they are attached one on the front with a butterfly on the back. I've found that playing with the turn radius fixes it. Generally, setting the radius one meter below the width of the tool usually works. So, if the mower is 8.4 meters I'll set the turn radius to 7m and then it works. Anything else and it'll drive off the map if I let it.

Having said that, I have never had that happen with a harvester, and only if I have a tool on both the front and back of a tractor. Since your harvester only has a header and they look like they came from the in-game store (are not mods, in other words) I'm not sure if this will help or not.
Playing on PC
Goooober

Post by Goooober »

Thanks for the replies. I've posted a video showing the problem and the courseplay settings (basically default) i use in case someone might be able to spot the problem. I also downgraded to 5.01 but the problem remains.

https://youtu.be/UtutomibEbM
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Watched your video and all looks ok to me, though do not see the mode you selected prior to generating the course. One thing of note, you are using version 5.01, version 5.3 is available on Modhub - https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017 probably higher from the GitHub site. May be worth updating and see if this helps. The Courseplay developers will want you to replicate the fault on the latest version before raising a ticket.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons