Acceleration pedal problem FS17

Rehooja

Acceleration pedal problem FS17

Post by Rehooja »

Hi

I own Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals. They are directly connected to a PC via USB as I do not own a Fanatec wheelbase. I got all the other pedals working but I have a problem with the acceleration pedal. The game detects the acceleration pedal axis as a 2 sided axis. AXIS1(+) and AXIS1(-) where the center of the pedal is half way of the pedal movement.

First if I bind the AXIS1(+) to vehicle acceleration the vehicle only moves when I get past half way of pedal movement. So I have a massive deadzone on the pedal. The pedal functions from 50%-100% of the movement range and 0%-50% is dead. This is partially OK since I can still use the pedal but it makes it very hard to do precise movements with this.

Secondly if I bind the AXIS1(-) to vehicle acceleration the vehicle starts accelerating when the pedal is at 0% and when I depress the pedal half way the vehicle does not accelerate. So it functions as if inverted to the first example. I would be OK with the deadzone being at the end of the pedal range but as it is being inverted it makes it pretty much useless as I would constantly need to hold my foot on the pedal to keep acceleration to 0%. And this cannot be inverted.. read next paragraph

If I go to inputbindings.xml and invert the acceleration (line 140) then it just switches the binding from AXIS1(+) to AXIS1(-) or vice versa. So I got two options right now. First is the option to have a massive deadzone on the pedal which makes fine acceleration very tedious or second which is having an inverted acceleration pedal which is obviously unplayable. In Fanatec software there is no option to adjust or invert the pedal axis.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
Last edited by Rehooja on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
don_apple

Re: Acceleration pedal problem FS17

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

One thing you might try is to set the parameter 'isHalfAxis' for both axis to true. This is how it should look like:

Code: Select all

<axis name="AXIS_BRAKE_VEHICLE" category="VEHICLE" key1="KEY_s" key2="" device="1" button="" axis="AXIS_2" invert="true" isHalfAxis="true" mouse="" mouseAxis="" key3="" key4="" button1="" button2="" mouseInvert="false" visible="true"/>
    <axis name="AXIS_ACCELERATE_VEHICLE" category="VEHICLE" key1="KEY_w" key2="" device="1" button="" axis="AXIS_3" invert="true" isHalfAxis="true" mouse="" mouseAxis="" key3="" key4="" button1="" button2="" mouseInvert="false" visible="true"/>
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Rehooja

Post by Rehooja »

don_apple wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:14 am
Hey don_apple. Sorry fore the very late reply.

What you suggest is the way the game defaults to. Both axis (the brake and accelerate) IsHalfAxis values are already set to true. If I do the opposite and turn IsHalfAxis=false for both then the pedals will stop functioning all together even though I tried rebinding them. Acceleration stays at 100% constantly and brake does not function at all. So it seems to brake the game code somehow and the functions become disabled. I can accelerate and brake with W and S though.

Any other ideas?

P.S. Further information

In Assetto Corsa the game recognizes the pedal Axis as following: Acceleration pedal is Axis 1, brake pedal Axis 2 and clutch is Axis 3. In Farming Simulator 17 though the pedals are recognized differently as following: Acceleration pedal is Axis 1(+) and Axis 1(-), Brake pedal is seen as Axis 5 only, and clutch pedal is Axis 2(+) and Axis 2(-). So it seems as if there is some issue how FS17 recognizes the pedals.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I did not read everything ... but this usually comes down to a setting in the software for your steering wheel pedals (not found within the FS17 menu).
Look for a setting called "combined axis" and change that to the opposite of whatever it is set to at the moment.

When ever you want to play the other game you mentioned you need to switch this back.

This worked the other way around for FS15 ... but they changed it for some reason.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5