Saitek panel not working properly ( game issue, not hardware)

Totenfarmer

Saitek panel not working properly ( game issue, not hardware)

Post by Totenfarmer »

Hopefully Giants software will reply to this as I bought the Saitek wheel and sidepanel made for FS with the claim of Giants software that it had full support in the game, so my question is: How come the rotation function of the joystick is not functioning, I have spent hours in different forums trying to find out what I'm doing wrong with my controls, just to find out that the game do not recognize the rotation axis.
An example of what happens: I start up my ponsse scorpion, everything seems to work fine, crane is moving up and down, extending, retracting..but then I click on the button to start the harvester, and the cutting head starts turning around until it stops with the cutter opening towards the cab, and it stays put despite trying to twist the joystick like in FS15, so I'm thinking..oh well, I don't need the header rotation that much, so I grab the mouse and twist the header back around..all good..until I let go of the mouse buttons, then the header starts rotating again, and stops once again with the opening towards the cab !!!
What is going on here Giants, do you have a solution for this, do a Google search and it's cluttered with posts on various forums having the same issue with crane controls, so I'll ask again, do Giants have solution or a quick-fix for this, or anyone else ?
Actually if there is no fix and Giants software proclaims full game support and on top advertises for this wheel, they are very much responsible for refunding players byuing this steering wheel set.
Guil

Re: Saitek panel not working properly ( game issue, not hardware)

Post by Guil »

Have you been able to verify that the function is working correctly in the joystick?
W1der

Post by W1der »

The game has support for this controller and all axis should work if the hardware is working properly and inputs are mapped accordingly.

Are you on windows OS?

Did you do a calibration of your controller "for windows" to establish center position and max inputs on your axis?
If not, start with this (as it will also verify that your controller is working properly).

Are you familiar with the dead zone settings in the games menu?
Dead zone might need to be adjusted (to a higher setting) if you are getting unwanted movement when joystick is in center position.

Are you familiar with the controls menu in the game?
"Rotate crane tool right / left" should be the ones to look for and see if they are mapped correctly.
If you "remap" this, make sure that your stick is in the correct mode (blue/red light).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
W1der

Post by W1der »

Curious ... did you solve your problem?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5