"Game Not Saved" on Steam

philchenevert

"Game Not Saved" on Steam

Post by philchenevert »

I just migrated to a new PC, Windows10 computer. Playing on Steam. For some reason when trying to save a game, the message "Game Not Saved" pops up. Obviously the save game is going somewhere else but I cant see where. Any advice of where to start looking for a solution to this would be appreciated. If this is the wrong forum, sorry, please tell me where to put it. Thanks.
böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Re: "Game Not Saved" on Steam

Post by böserlöwe »

hi, you have found this tread viewtopic.php?f=874&t=97898
philchenevert

Post by philchenevert »

Yes, I know where the FS folder is supposed to go and have worked inside that folder (Users) many, many times to check the log, add mods, etc. But the game is not going to or looking in that folder now, but somewhere else and I cannot find where. The result is that no games can be saved now. tsk.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Since you are using Steam, have you checked if the Steam Cloud (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEIG-8941) is active and might be interfering here:
viewtopic.php?f=945&t=115742&p=900744&h ... ud#p900744
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
BlackFox403

Post by BlackFox403 »

philchenevert wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:25 am I just migrated to a new PC, Windows10 computer. Playing on Steam. For some reason when trying to save a game, the message "Game Not Saved" pops up. Obviously the save game is going somewhere else but I cant see where. Any advice of where to start looking for a solution to this would be appreciated. If this is the wrong forum, sorry, please tell me where to put it. Thanks.
My wife and I just bought a new desktop with Win 10 and I had noticed same issue. Turns out that in my profile my FS actually ended up here...

C:\Users\black\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2017\

...and my wife's profile stayed in "C:\Users\blue\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2017\". Turns out when I setup my profile the system activated the OneDrive folder so that anything there would go to the OneDrive cloud.

Look to see if your game is saving in "Users\USERNAME\OneDrive".