Re: Real life farming related pics

Post by Mwal »

What are they doing there, shouldering?
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

lawm wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:49 pm A view from my office window lol

That a newer KW W900/ Pete 379?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
lawm

Post by lawm »

Bryan83 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:30 am
lawm wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:49 pm A view from my office window lol

That a newer KW W900/ Pete 379?
It's a leftover 2020 389 long hood. Just got to 3000 miles yesterday. Sadly I get the feeling this body style wont be produced much longer. Same with w9's. Hopefully we can run this truck till I retire......in 35 yrs.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Mwal wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:24 pm What are they doing there, shouldering?
I think the scraper was just waiting to hitch a ride to a new job. They were using high lifts and dozers around the edges to final grade this culdesac. I dont know the excavation terms to know what shouldering is exactly lol. I ran a high lift one time and broke the side board off a truck because I forgot about the knuckle as I dumped the bucket lol.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Shouldering is taking the ditch and moving it away from the road the putting the material on the in slope of the ditch and and building a safer wider shoulder. We use dozers and excavators but if the lane is also getting widened we use 627s if it’s dry enough. What’s a high lift? Is that a pay loader or excavator or something? Curious because I haven’t ever heard anything called that up here. And I have smashed my fair share of sideboards haha
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Planting corn
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

That Challenger you have seems to be winning me over for some reason, dont think we have them in Ireland must look it up, what model is it if ya don't mind me asking.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

It’s an mt515d, it’s a 120 horse tractor pretty much identical to a Massey Ferguson and I believe a fendt though I have never sat in a fendt. I really like it, it’s my planting tractor I’m slowly buying some smaller farms and have been upgrading my fleet, I need a bigger planter and a 2-300 horse tractor for tillage and some tillage equipment so I can continue to farm and work construction. Basically I’m playing real life farm sim, haha
lawm

Post by lawm »

Mwal wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:19 pm Shouldering is taking the ditch and moving it away from the road the putting the material on the in slope of the ditch and and building a safer wider shoulder. We use dozers and excavators but if the lane is also getting widened we use 627s if it’s dry enough. What’s a high lift? Is that a pay loader or excavator or something? Curious because I haven’t ever heard anything called that up here. And I have smashed my fair share of sideboards haha
I had to google komatsu d66 to see what else it's called. I guess a track loader? Everyone says high lift around here. Brother in laws family had like 12 of those things in a 2 man operation lol. I guess you gotta break stuff to learn hah
lawm

Post by lawm »

Red bull and dew, you should be planting corn till tomorrow morn lol
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

lawm

Post by lawm »

You got crops coming up and I have yet to plant my garden
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:08 am It’s an mt515d, it’s a 120 horse tractor pretty much identical to a Massey Ferguson and I believe a fendt though I have never sat in a fendt. I really like it, it’s my planting tractor I’m slowly buying some smaller farms and have been upgrading my fleet, I need a bigger planter and a 2-300 horse tractor for tillage and some tillage equipment so I can continue to farm and work construction. Basically I’m playing real life farm sim, haha
Massey and Challenger were pretty much the same. Fendt has better transmission and technology packages.
Few years back Agco dropped all of the smaller Challengers. Now Challenger = NA High HP, Fendt = Premium line, Massey = Midrange/economy, and Valtra is just Valtra.
Per my buddy a Challenger they had (wheel) that burned pulling a LSB had Valtra on the frame. (Talking mid/late 2000’s is when it burned)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

lawm wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:01 am
Mwal wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:19 pm Shouldering is taking the ditch and moving it away from the road the putting the material on the in slope of the ditch and and building a safer wider shoulder. We use dozers and excavators but if the lane is also getting widened we use 627s if it’s dry enough. What’s a high lift? Is that a pay loader or excavator or something? Curious because I haven’t ever heard anything called that up here. And I have smashed my fair share of sideboards haha
I had to google komatsu d66 to see what else it's called. I guess a track loader? Everyone says high lift around here. Brother in laws family had like 12 of those things in a 2 man operation lol. I guess you gotta break stuff to learn hah
Yep track loader.

Our hay is coming along nicely, few more weeks and it’ll be go time.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

lawm wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:35 am You got crops coming up and I have yet to plant my garden
That corn was planted on April 27. We finished planting today with a soybean test plot