Are you an actual farmer?

DEERE317

Re: Are you an actual farmer?

Post by DEERE317 »

And seeing how extreme DCS (Digital Combat Simulator) and the fact some players go through almost literal flight school to do good I think the game not being highly realistic is maybe not all bad...
And that guy probably assumes we’re all talking about farming in the game and not IRL

Actually am writing this in the neighbors barn sunburned into a lobster :lol: (my bad, mowing and weed eating a full weed eater tank worth of heavy grass without sunscreen... *thumbsdown* :sadnew: ) overheating (figuratively) and sweating after helping move 300 bales from field into the shed (with one wagon that’s falling apart) within a few hours. Also good neighbors are the best. :smileynew:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

I am not a farmer. I am a barbecue pitmaster, I've only driven one tractor in my whole entire life and that was the mow my rich uncle's giant yard, it was 100 acres roughly.

I just really enjoy working with different equipment on the game, abiding by the time constraints that do exist, and the grind to make some money on the hardest possible setting. Which isn't very hard hahaha.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
Marcos Levi

Post by Marcos Levi »

I believe that a real farmer wouldn't have time to play Farming Simulator directly! this is because of the high occupation that a farmer has! But whoever plays Farming Simulator likes the farm, likes the rural world!
Marcos Levi

Post by Marcos Levi »

I would like to know, have a basis on how farmers use Farming Simulator to gain knowledge! If farmers use Farming Simulator to test equipment!
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Marcos Levi wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:22 am I would like to know, have a basis on how farmers use Farming Simulator to gain knowledge! If farmers use Farming Simulator to test equipment!
I would imagine most farmers just play it for fun, myself included. Kinda hard to actually gain knowledge from this game if you're already a farmer
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Marcos Levi wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:12 am I believe that a real farmer wouldn't have time to play Farming Simulator directly! this is because of the high occupation that a farmer has! But whoever plays Farming Simulator likes the farm, likes the rural world!
Most mainly play in winter, there’s a reason why basically everyone who responded to this thread’s posting quantity dropped way off in the last month or so, busy spring season started. Winter is pretty slow in general so we all come out and do stuff with Farm Sim.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Marcos Levi wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:12 am I believe that a real farmer wouldn't have time to play Farming Simulator directly! this is because of the high occupation that a farmer has! But whoever plays Farming Simulator likes the farm, likes the rural world!
Well I do. I only play maybe an hr a night or two, but it is still playing. Fs hasn't taught me anything about farming, but it is still relaxing to play.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Yea, you don't learn much about farming in FS physics cough cough :lol:

I haven't played the game in a month and a half and have barely kept up with notifications on this forum because it's the busy season again.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:13 pm Yea, you don't learn much about farming in FS physics cough cough :lol:

I haven't played the game in a month and a half and have barely kept up with notifications on this forum because it's the busy season again.
There you are!
Left you a few messages in the traders chat box. =)
I assume I know the answer to my question now though.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

DEERE317 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:34 pm
Dairydeere wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:13 pm Yea, you don't learn much about farming in FS physics cough cough :lol:

There you are!
Left you a few messages in the traders chat box. =)
I assume I know the answer to my question now though.
Gosh, I almost forgot about the trader. Too much happening that doesn't involve trading my tractors every few days now :blushnew:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Bjork

Post by Bjork »

My family farmed for years but quit . I work on a farm and go to college. I play the game because I like telling the AI what to do and drive around in my pickup while they work like my boss does now. i love the fact that i can do all the work without actually doing it
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I farm with my family…nothing huge but it’s great. I still have time to play this game, and work full time. Real life is by far better but I can still crack a cold one there and in my chair playing FS lol
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

Grew up farming with my grandparents. Miss it so bad, Wish there was a way to go back and do it all again. Our farm got split up and sold off piece by piece to pay for my dads lawyers over the years. around 600 acres between the farms, one near Smyer, one near Opdyke and the other near Whitharrel
Made lots of memories out there, was working there from the moment I could reach the pedals (around 6 or so) until I was 25 and my grandmother sold the last piece to pay for my granddads funeral.
The only thing I have from that time is my granddads 4430.

Me and my wife have talked about starting our own farm in the future, but time will only tell.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs