Unreal engine 5

Bart80

Unreal engine 5

Post by Bart80 »

:hmm:

Edit don_apple: topic moved to "Off-topic", since it is not directly related to Farming Simulator. Also fixed link to YouTube video.
Eische

Re: Unreal engine 5

Post by Eische »

Interesting. But there 2 two things:
1. This is proof that simply using a "good" graphic engine does not automatically generate good graphics.
2. Right now it's only a tech study meant for engineering purposes. Maybe will never be a playable game.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

If Giants doesn't pull their sock up soon, one day FS will be surpassed by a company using modern tools. It'll be like when Research in Motion (now Blackberry) refused to switch from a physical keyboard on early smart phones. Apple and others joined the market and quickly outpaced them.

Although farming is a niche genre, FS is now flashing on the radar due to record sales, and somebody somewhere, with better technology and development skills, and enough money, will want a piece of the pie.
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

They should just spin off the logging stuff into a standalone title.
Eventually someone like snow tires devs gonna pick up that thread and absolutely trash Giants puny log physics.
I wish I was a South American/ Brazilian farmer, they just quietly blaze their own trail modding their stuff despite a complete lack of support from the developers… those guys need to be hired as consultants instead of flimsy brand ambassadors and this whole US element that has contributed so far not much innovation.
Like this platinum thing, and Volvo, so it’s the Pacific Northwest forests filled with European equipment. Really giving the people what they want there.
If I wanted to watch someone yeet logs across the landscape I’d watch the Highland games 😂

In terms of UE I thought a single farm approach with actual immersion would be awesome, like proper animal husbandry, manual tools and some decent sim elements like proper contract management and economics engine. I’d part with some cash for that. Otherwise I’ll hang onto my vanilla edition stacked with mods and do my own thing
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

CoreyTr wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:21 pm If Giants doesn't pull their sock up soon, one day FS will be surpassed by a company using modern tools. It'll be like when Research in Motion (now Blackberry) refused to switch from a physical keyboard on early smart phones. Apple and others joined the market and quickly outpaced them.

Although farming is a niche genre, FS is now flashing on the radar due to record sales, and somebody somewhere, with better technology and development skills, and enough money, will want a piece of the pie.
Saber Interactive may be pocking at this space as the Phase 8 Snowrunner DLC includes farming. Now it looks fairly basic by farm sim standards, but what better way to test a potential area to expand into.

The way I see it:
  • If people want production chains - Satisfactory does it better for the 1st person perspective
  • If people want off road driving or fighting mud - Snowrunner does it better
  • If people want to drive trucks - ATS/ETS does it better
Farm Sim excels at two things, modding and low stress gameplay. There are a couple of games out or in early access now that if the correct modder gets ahold of them, I can easily see them being a more fun farm management sim.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Just imagine FS looking like Snowrunner....I would sell my left kidney for that.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

CoreyTr wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:21 pm If Giants doesn't pull their sock up soon, one day FS will be surpassed by a company using modern tools. It'll be like when Research in Motion (now Blackberry) refused to switch from a physical keyboard on early smart phones. Apple and others joined the market and quickly outpaced them.

I dont know man. The giants team is going to have their socks up and there shoes on tomorrow with the platinum expansion. And also our help of making mods for the game makes it better. Go giants! *thumbsup*
Ice_boii :gamer:
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

hun3 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:50 pm Just imagine FS looking like Snowrunner....I would sell my left kidney for that.
Your kidney is worth a game!? Maybe if you already need a new one i dont see a problem :lol:
Ice_boii :gamer:
cburgess

Post by cburgess »

JonOne wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:35 pm ...
Like this platinum thing, and Volvo, so it’s the Pacific Northwest forests filled with European equipment. Really giving the people what they want there.
Good point! Giant's/FS is certainly EU-centric which is understandable given that is the location of the company. I just wish they'd pay equal attention to the US market (the largest in the world) as well.

JonOne wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:35 pm If I wanted to watch someone yeet logs across the landscape I’d watch the Highland games 😂
"Highland games" - LMAO, good one.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

JonOne wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:35 pm They should just spin off the logging stuff into a standalone title.
eh land clearing is a part of farming and being able to harvest timber from cleared areas is nice.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/