New Holland Robot Tractor?!

Vaupell

Re: New Holland Robot Tractor?!

Post by Vaupell »

A few years ago, "again here in Denmark" at a agrofair. Greenbot had thair automated bot running a demo.
While two other companies what showcasing how they could "automate" ANY existing tractors via upgrades.

Here's a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xano8YE ... e=youtu.be

Also this summer, i was at the north europe agro fair, and there where automation for most common tractor brands
and again companies who was selling parts to upgrade existing tractors to automate them.

I'm talking COMPLETE CONTROL! You just load it up with the right equipment, "home on the farm" then it drives itself to the field, does the field work
and returns to the holding position back on the farm.

BTW - We allready have selfdriving cars, so i dont see why not.
Vaupell

Post by Vaupell »

Ohh and btw if we are talking about morals and automation..

THIS is a MUST SEE about the topic of automation ;)

If you dare haha :hi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

mdoss wrote:
wildberry wrote:And the farming community is sceptical, saying it takes away jobs from the farmhands etc. :hi:
Yeah, I'm an air traffic controller, and we are always concerned with all the automation, that they will eventually try to do away with our jobs as well!
Pilots, too.!

Scary thought! :sadnew: :o: :surprised2:
The only way they will get rid of your job as an air traffic controller is if someone manages to invent a very powerful AI that can simultaneously fly all the worlds aircraft AND air traffic control towers as well, all handled by one mastermind type CPU, just like running a dozen threads on a multi-core PC. With the speed of a CPU it could manage the whole lot instantly, but obviously the AI itself is not there yet.

If you have to rely on multiple computers all individually doing their own thing and trying to communicate that information from point A to point B, it won't work.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes