I'm not switching to the pc nice try guys

eric21

Re: I'm not switching to the pc nice try guys

Post by eric21 »

So much for a friend
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

BullFarmer wrote:You have to understand and appreciate each system for what it is.

PC is much more customisable, but PC users pay for that with far more bugs, and sometimes the mods are not very high quality.

On consoles you are more limited, but you do have a simpler and more reliable system, and when you download a mod you know it will work perfectly and you don't have to worry about viruses.
Thats not always the case....

I had skyrim remastered on my xboxone and a mod broke my 65 hour save, plus look at the problems some people are having with a certain map crashing there consoles on this game

Since moving to the PC ive had very little problems with mods, i guess cause we have more choice we can choose the better ones
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

i think the perceived slight comes from the threads where people r all but flipping out about the mods on console.. ive noticed that where there is general agreement about mods on console being pretty slim on the pickins the general response from both console users and pc users and folks like myself who use both is that there r 2 options if the mods thing is bugging u that bad.. either be patient and cross your fingers.. or get a pc.. i dont think anyone is saying they have to or even should.. only that if mods r a priority to u then u should at very least consider coming over to the "dark side"... as for this virus thing people r talking about.. like seriously.. does no one run scans when they download things.. my browser protection scans as soon as i click download and then once its on here takes another fraction of a second on my pc to scan the file and i know im safe with only seconds invested in my peace of mind.. using some kind of site adviser helps keep me from wondering into dangerous water and NEVER NEVER NEVER click pop ups.. in fact what ive learned is that we have some amazing folks right here in this very forum who have been into fs modding for years and have already found the sites they trust and ones to stay away from.. generally starting a thread with a please and ending it with a thank u with as many details as u know about what u r looking for in between will usually earn u a nice link to a site or even a link to a download to what it is u r after.. we r a community after all r we not?

Edit- i want a car too.. a pink VW bug would really make my day.. thanks in advance :lol:
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Ive downloaded hundreds of mods over the years, if you choose to do this with no kind of protection then you only have yourself to blame if you get a virus,

Go to trusted sites, check how many downloads the mods have, and see what people are saying about it, check on here or go to steam, ask the community and check peoples profiles before trusting what they say, theres loads of ways to keep yourself from viruses

Its all down to whether you want to do your own research or not, if you go blindly looking for mods then you will most likely find a bad one

I switched from console to PC mainly because i want to get into map making and to do so you need to test alot, but with regards mods about the only one i have over console is course play, all the rest i generally take from the modhub, from what ive seen the console are getting alot more mods than i ever though, specially with the amount of map mods out, i think giants have done a bloody good job on that part
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

BigC92 wrote:
Bradleyson wrote:
BullFarmer wrote:You have to understand and appreciate each system for what it is.

PC is much more customisable, but PC users pay for that with far more bugs, and sometimes the mods are not very high quality.

On consoles you are more limited, but you do have a simpler and more reliable system, and when you download a mod you know it will work perfectly and you don't have to worry about viruses.
Exactly this. There's pro's and cons for consoles just like pc. I understand why console users get annoyed when seeing the amount of mods for pic and I know pc users get fed up reading 'more mods on consoles' threads but that's just the nature of the beast. You can't blame anyone for asking for better mods (not everyone knows how modding works) so to bash someone for asking is rather silly and immature. Don't ridicule people and start arguements, a simple, polite response is all that is needed.

GIANTS; perhaps a sticky thread explaining about mods for consoles and why certain mods can't make it to consoles. This will hopefully stop a lot of threads being created and hopefully stop the pc players getting up tight.
Besides i have a comfy bed to lay on when i play, but like bullfarmer said you wont have to worry about viruses, and all mods will be little to none bugs, with outside mods, you have no clue as to what will happen, i had this friend, ok, so he sent me a link to a better looking 73 falcon, so i downloaded it, next thing you know, i was infested with them, so you really cant trust people unless you know them.
You guys are absolutely right.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

I was going to get a PC , but then I'm truly satisfied with the game on the PS4 as of right now. The 4REALMODULES have been released, plus mods are still trickling down. Now the DLC is starting to drop.

If I buy a PC , I'll spend more time playing around with mods than actually playing the game. A waste of $800 I'm thinking.

Have fun farming people.
the big print giveth the small print taketh