Post by Jonathan Rabbitt »

I've got a few...

mdoss

Re: Anyone want some sugar beets?

Post by mdoss »

Holy Sugar field, Batman!
:shock: :shock:
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Jonathan Rabbitt

This proved too slow and arduous; ended up leasing the big boy. Still took 7 machine hours to finish tho'. Somewhere around 2.5 million litres (all three train silos, two full train loads plus a heap on the ground).
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

i did sosnovkas field 23 and had 303,000 liters and that took a hour and a half with the homer.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

What are you gonna do with all that? That would support 10 000 pigs for a year. :-D
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
W1der

Post by W1der »

I want that field !!!

Not sure I would be "doing beets" there though ... :blushnew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
W1der

Post by W1der »

Jonathan Rabbitt wrote:This proved too slow and arduous; ended up leasing the big boy. Still took 7 machine hours to finish tho'. Somewhere around 2.5 million litres (all three train silos, two full train loads plus a heap on the ground).
I read a lot about "issues with hired help" ...
Where the AI able to detect the entire field like that?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

The AI should do a decent job of dealing with combined fields, subject to their usual limitations. Sometimes they might require a bit more babysitting than usual, but I haven't had many issues dealing with AI in this area. Mind you, I've resisted the urge to combine 5 and 9 with 13 in my save, but that shouldn't be a problem either.

I thought about getting into beets, but their ludicrous volumes coupled with limited storage space have turned me off the prospect. I don't like spending too much time on turning fields over, a time efficient operation would cost millions to set up. Perhaps if and when I expand my livestock to include pigs, I'll think of it again, but that's months away.
Jonathan Rabbitt

AI mostly did OK. I find it has problems unrelated to the field extensions; notably the north east corner of field 5 (GCV). I wonder if it is related to how a field is plowed. It also struggles to handle the rocky outcrop on the west of field 5; although this sort of situation is also a problem on fields 27 and 28.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Here's a pic of the collisions in the northeast, the name indicates, that Giants did it do imporve the job a ai helper does. Maybe this will help you understand, why the helper does what he does.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Or they could have simply moved those rocks further out and avoid creating collisions in the first place. It's like a fetish, or an itch they can't help scratching. Like that house at the far edge of field 20. It's purely there to screw with AI. It has no other function. It could have been placed just a few meters further out. But nooo, let's create a problem instead.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

they know how to troll the players :D
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Spank

Post by Spank »

Jonathan Rabbitt wrote:AI mostly did OK. I find it has problems unrelated to the field extensions; notably the north east corner of field 5 (GCV). I wonder if it is related to how a field is plowed. It also struggles to handle the rocky outcrop on the west of field 5; although this sort of situation is also a problem on fields 27 and 28.
When you find ur tractors running up rocky surfaces in gettin stuck or simular, i just place a tree there *thumbsup*
mackintosh wrote:Or they could have simply moved those rocks further out and avoid creating collisions in the first place. It's like a fetish, or an itch they can't help scratching. Like that house at the far edge of field 20. It's purely there to screw with AI. It has no other function. It could have been placed just a few meters further out. But nooo, let's create a problem instead.
Widen in shorten f20, solves issues, especially if your still running the old large plow,

I change all my feild sizes to accommodate 9m or 12m equipment, some trees around the feilds are better left there to trigger a coluision :biggrin2:

But, yeah, no issues with f13, 9 in 5 joined, ai's are alot better :coolnew:
THZ IZ DAT GUY :this:

FS11 - 15 PC
FS15 - 17 Xbox One

Xbox One Gamer - New Zealand
ouhaha

Post by ouhaha »

I'm more a fan of Courseplay. It can even reverse reasonably a zunhammer with cultivator!

And it can do headlands...

Not perfect yet, surely in development.