Starting up a new pig farming operation

Jay911

Starting up a new pig farming operation

Post by Jay911 »

In retrospect I maybe didn't need the mixer and the pig food, but I wanted to start up quickly and have time to mix my own food later on.

I just wish that the tension straps on the flatbed would go around vehicles & accessories. I'd initially wanted to put the big scoop bucket on the flatbed behind the telehandler and strap it down, but the straps just fasten "empty" under the buckets, telehandler, and mixing wagon.

Same with the low-deck - it needs straps in a big way. Oh well, got it all there with a generous application of careful, slow driving.
REBELLIOUSSNESS

Re: Starting up a new pig farming operation

Post by REBELLIOUSSNESS »

Jay911 wrote:Image

In retrospect I maybe didn't need the mixer and the pig food, but I wanted to start up quickly and have time to mix my own food later on.

I just wish that the tension straps on the flatbed would go around vehicles & accessories. I'd initially wanted to put the big scoop bucket on the flatbed behind the telehandler and strap it down, but the straps just fasten "empty" under the buckets, telehandler, and mixing wagon.

Same with the low-deck - it needs straps in a big way. Oh well, got it all there with a generous application of careful, slow driving.
This on pc ? Looks like a nice setup with the trailers attached and the flatbed.
Jay911

Post by Jay911 »

Yup, that's PC. The mods in use (at least the ones relevant to the screenshot) are:

Fliegl Flatbed (though I see there's an autoloading version now so I'll probably upgrade to that)

Universal Light-Weight Bucket

Telehandler to Wheel-Loader Adapter (lets you use wheel loader attachments, of which the bucket above is one, with telehandlers)

Krampe Dolly 20L

New Holland LM 7.42 telehandler.
Jonathan Rabbitt

Post by Jonathan Rabbitt »

It'd be nice if you could buy grain from directly from the AI farmers as part of the missions. That way you could start an animal operation without actually buying and owning the fields - but of course, you would have to pay for the grain. It would also make it possible to have more realistic pricing for the missions. I'd love it if a farmer would pay me tens of thousands to harvest just a few hectares...
benztechnc

Post by benztechnc »

Mixer wagon for pigs?

When it comes to strapping equipment down I cheat. Load a couple of pallets then the equipment, then jam in some more pallets behind it, or if it has forks I'll slide those into the pallets, etc. It may not be perfect.
Jay911

Post by Jay911 »

benztechnc wrote:Mixer wagon for pigs?
Yeah, I realized that after I started, and sold it back to the shop. Like I said, I'm new at pork. :)

I like your "cheat" ideas too. Also saw a mod that says it's widgets that you can 'attach' to implement hitches on equipment but are treated by the trailers as pallets, so they can be locked down. Haven't had a chance to try that yet.
benztechnc

Post by benztechnc »

Oh now that sounds like a useful tool. Do you have a link? I'd like to try it out!

Thanks,
Jay911

Post by Jay911 »

I think this is it, found on farming2015mods.com:

http://www.farming2015mods.com/farming- ... ent-v-1-2/

The individual pieces don't appear to have English translations in-game... once I get some time to look at them with Google Translate, I might give it a shot.
benztechnc

Post by benztechnc »

Thank you for the link. I'll check it out. I've also been using the ramps from the in game mod menu to load equipment. One of them is around 1500 and works fine for loading, though it's a bit high.

Nice screen shots.

Bradleyson

Post by Bradleyson »

Jay911 wrote:Image

Im so jealous. :frown:
Xbox one: bradleyson666
Any questions, ask away.
be polite and respectful.