BigC92

Re: Chat thread 2.0

Post by BigC92 »

j_maybury wrote:
Lisertan wrote:
BigC92 wrote:

I've got twenty years on you 59......... :this: :zunge:
I saw Thunderbirds when it was new, not the re-runs
Dang! Im a huge ford guy myself, i got a 97 expedition xlt as always 4x4 5.4L V8.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Smith Modding wrote:All of ya'll talking about ataris and older consoles (I know what ya'll are talking about fyi) but I'm over here as a highschooler and not having that experience :lol:
Highschooler, lol, thats such an old word, i think you said you were 14 or 15 right? You came in the flat screen TV age the big TVs with that little bubble in the back was being phased out.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

BigC92 wrote:
Smith Modding wrote:All of ya'll talking about ataris and older consoles (I know what ya'll are talking about fyi) but I'm over here as a highschooler and not having that experience :lol:
Highschooler, lol, thats such an old word, i think you said you were 14 or 15 right? You came in the flat screen TV age the big TVs with that little bubble in the back was being phased out.
Almost 15 :coolnew: I think I remember our first tv being one of the old bubble backs :hmm:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Smith Modding wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
Almost 15 :coolnew: I think I remember our first tv being one of the old bubble backs :hmm:
And back then, you get rabbit ear TV, but now you have to have a conversion box to watch it.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Tube TVs? Ah that brings back memories! :lol: Our family didn't upgrade to a Flat-Screen TV until 2008! And we've still got it now in the living room. :lol:

We had a 27" Magnavox tube TV. A year later after we upgraded TVs, the screen went out on it and we had to get rid of it. :( It was my brother and I's PS2 TV. :lol:

My mom wishes it was much better and simpler like it was with the Tube's. Our 10 year old flat screen can't get in channels or it cuts out and you have to move the antenna all the time!!! We've gone through a few antenna's and nothing makes it better. We are thinking about upgrading to a newer TV. Trying to convince my parents to get a new one. :wink3: She said with the tube's, plug in the antenna and you set-it-and-forget-it. No messing around with moving antenna's or anything. My TV in my room has to be moved once in a great while, but it's a Samsung, they are the best TV out there that I have experienced. I want them to upgrade to a Samsung. I think that will be the ticket to solve this frustrating problem.

But yeah, you now have to have those converter boxes for the old tube TVs, which is stupid. Now they have DVR boxes, which are complete stuff! I have gone through two and they don't work worth a damn. You just plug in a EHD to the box and it records, which is a cool idea, but it would remove my timers every week and miss my shows until I caught it. UGH!!!!!!! They are not worth the $50!!!

Sorry for the long post. :lol:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
wickedset

Post by wickedset »

27"? my families first TV was a 9". A box 18"sq. x 3' high with the little 9" screen in the front, very touchy to get the picture to stay on the screen without rolling over, we got it to watch our present Queen get crowned in 1953.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan wrote:Nah. May. 29th of May :) So August sounds like there is a party around the corner
Nope :mrgreen: I stopped celebrating after I turned into 30. Celebrations should be for things that deserves celebrating :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

There is always a reason to celebrate something!
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

You are absolutely right *thumbsup*

For example, we can celebrate your announcement on FS19 including full console mod support with scripts :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Haha, you wish .. and so do we.

Trust me, we can't wait for Sony/MS to allow full scripting for consoles. It's not fun for us either.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Buy a pc lol.

Then you can enjoy mods like this...Image
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

My S650 will be better :coolnew: :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Tube TVs? Ah that brings back memories! :lol: Our family didn't upgrade to a Flat-Screen TV until 2008! And we've still got it now in the living room. :lol:

We had a 27" Magnavox tube TV. A year later after we upgraded TVs, the screen went out on it and we had to get rid of it. :( It was my brother and I's PS2 TV. :lol:

My mom wishes it was much better and simpler like it was with the Tube's. Our 10 year old flat screen can't get in channels or it cuts out and you have to move the antenna all the time!!! We've gone through a few antenna's and nothing makes it better. We are thinking about upgrading to a newer TV. Trying to convince my parents to get a new one. :wink3: She said with the tube's, plug in the antenna and you set-it-and-forget-it. No messing around with moving antenna's or anything. My TV in my room has to be moved once in a great while, but it's a Samsung, they are the best TV out there that I have experienced. I want them to upgrade to a Samsung. I think that will be the ticket to solve this frustrating problem.

But yeah, you now have to have those converter boxes for the old tube TVs, which is stupid. Now they have DVR boxes, which are complete stuff! I have gone through two and they don't work worth a damn. You just plug in a EHD to the box and it records, which is a cool idea, but it would remove my timers every week and miss my shows until I caught it. UGH!!!!!!! They are not worth the $50!!!

Sorry for the long post. :lol:
We actually had to have a flat screen TV, we got up from bed, turned on the TV, couldn't hear a dang thing, we took it to the local repair shop, and they fixed it i do believe, so one day we got home from school, and the TV bit the dust.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Aw that stinks man! Bet that wasn't cheap to fix. :(

Oh well, flat's are a lot better anyway. :D Many more advantages over the ol' tubes.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Aw that stinks man! Bet that wasn't cheap to fix. :(

Oh well, flat's are a lot better anyway. :D Many more advantages over the ol' tubes.
Indeed, but we have a problem with the flat screen TV now, the LCD bulbs burnt out in three lines, cost 700 big ones to get it fixed, so we have to out up with it, but i hardly ever notice it, but that is what you get for a clearance floor model, mom and dads are 42 inch, my sister and myself are 32, and i still have room to spare between the tv and my tractor shelf... But i had to get it though, the tv before i got this one was wayy too small, and it didn't fit my PS3 well, so i got this TV for a decent price, had to rearrange my room too.