Post by JohnDeere318 »

Congrats Ericka, hope all goes well! :biggrin2:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Erica Von

Re: Chat thread 2.0

Post by Erica Von »

Well that depends on who you ask.
My Dr says the delivery Has to be in a hospital this time as my 3 previous delivery's were at home and considered low risk.
Now this one has been tons of trouble considered high risk she tells me that were I to have these at home like the last 3 if I needed a C-section I would not make it to the hospital in time she could loose all of us. Bill still wants it at home, but I told him we need the hospital this time. I also have agreement with the dr to cut and tie my tubes.
These are my last bill wants 2 more but I am done having anymore kids. 6 is enough.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Erica Von wrote:Well that depends on who you ask.
My Dr says the delivery Has to be in a hospital this time as my 3 previous delivery's were at home and considered low risk.
Now this one has been tons of trouble considered high risk she tells me that were I to have these at home like the last 3 if I needed a C-section I would not make it to the hospital in time she could loose all of us. Bill still wants it at home, but I told him we need the hospital this time. I also have agreement with the dr to cut and tie my tubes.
These are my last bill wants 2 more but I am done having anymore kids. 6 is enough.
Hope im not crossing any lines, but you said your other half was Amish, right? Wheres he from? My mom lived next to a Amish country in Ohio.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I didn't know you could have the baby at home. Is there any significance to have the baby at home?

How to post your log.txt
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

BigC92 wrote:
Hope im not crossing any lines, but you said your other half was Amish, right? Wheres he from? My mom lived next to a Amish country in Ohio.
He is from Kalona Iowa, the settlement was originally established in 1840
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

JohnDeere318 wrote:I didn't know you could have the baby at home. Is there any significance to have the baby at home?
Less stress, convenient also a midwife and a RN Nurse have to be present usually at home you do most of the labor just with a midwife RN can give a spinal block if necessary.
And its cheaper than hospital stay baby still needs to see a Dr a few days after to sign a birth cert.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Erica Von wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:I didn't know you could have the baby at home. Is there any significance to have the baby at home?
Less stress, convenient also a midwife and a RN Nurse have to be present usually at home you do most of the labor just with a midwife RN can give a spinal block if necessary.
And its cheaper than hospital stay baby still needs to see a Dr a few days after to sign a birth cert.
Oh ok.

How to post your log.txt
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Erica Von wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
He is from Kalona Iowa, the settlement was originally established in 1840
Wow, little old place.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

His mother and sister showed up on our door step a few days ago want to get to know me and our family help with the house work and things.
Till I have my babies come. Somethings with Amish I did not know take the sister her name is Abigale I made the mistake of calling her Abby.
Amish use proper names and its a insult to shorten it. I call my husband bill but they call him William. I'm learning a lot more than bill ever told me about.
There are over 1000 Amish settlements scattered over the entire united states and Canada.
All Told there are over 1 million of them. Each family has 6 to 8 kids. Now William left home on what they call rumspringa they make a choice visit the world and come home with in a year those that do not return are typically banished, they have a 90 to 95% retention rate. Think about it for a min. 16 years old a 8th grade education tossed into our world with next to nothing no wonder they have such a high retention rate. My husband got lucky my father took him into our home got him into school and paid for his college too. Kind of like the son he never had kind of thing. My father never intended we marry but it happened. That is sort of the long and short of it.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Holy cow, interesting.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

That IS interesting. I just realise, I have no clue about the Amish culture. I mean, OK I'm German so that's nothing we see here, all I know is the suff we see in movies. Seems to be quite interesting.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

The stuff you see in movies are for movies and are nearly a total fabrication.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Erica Von wrote:The stuff you see in movies are for movies and are nearly a total fabrication.
Wait what? Do you mean aliens are NOT attacking New York? :D

Nah I know that it is quite rare for a movie to show how things really are. So I guess that adds to the fact that I have no clue :D

On the other hand: Movies get me excited for **** no american would freak out about. I remember being in Austin/TX about 6 years ago. It was company trip and one of my coworkers drove me around. All I wanted was to shop in a 7/11 and get something from Tacco Bell (just because I lved these things from the movies).

He wouldn't stop making fun of me for being super excited about a 7/11 :D now all I want is to go to a Wallmart .. will do that next time I'm over in the US.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I know one thing: I will NEVER move over to the Amish culture. Can't live without my precious truck and electronics! :lol:

Kalona, Iowa is about 1.5 to 2 hrs south of me. :lol: What a coincidence.

How to post your log.txt
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Amazing Now I do know some Amish settlements are partially open to outsiders basically for trade and such. Amish buy what they can't make or grow.
Williams father is one of the elders at Kalona. There was a TV sit com Called Breaking Amish supposedly shows Amish kids on their Rumspriga these kids are not 16 that is the age they are set loose so to speak, read some info from the show they are kids that didn't return to their settlement so now they are banished William from what his mother told me was not banished so he is still free to return and bring the family too. From what I gather from her comments I have already said no to this life there would be totally unbearable for me and I would have to convert and besides we would have to give up our farm and that is not in the plan.