Console players

Terrier930

Console players

Post by Terrier930 »

Talk about whinging over mods. Think a lot of the modders now will only make mods for pc. Think in the coming months console won't see anymore mods. Or very little. Sounds like the modders have finally had enough with console users. And I suppose who could blame them.
BigC92

Re: Console players

Post by BigC92 »

Your screen name sounds familiar...
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Most of those whingers are kids who dont understand the repercussion of there actions, they are telling people who spent months making a mod its stuff, of course the modders will stop making mods

Problem is there are hundreds of post moaning, but very few posts thanking them

Remember it only takes 1 rotten apple to spoil the rest, and we have seen alot of that in this forum lately
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
Terrier930

Post by Terrier930 »

Hopefully we will continue to see mods. But from what I've seen and heard from modders it does sound like we will be feed on scraps if anything at all. A real shame.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

WolfeUK wrote:Most of those whingers are kids who dont understand the repercussion of there actions, they are telling people who spent months making a mod its stuff, of course the modders will stop making mods

Problem is there are hundreds of post moaning, but very few posts thanking them

Remember it only takes 1 rotten apple to spoil the rest, and we have seen alot of that in this forum lately
Indeed, too much of it, i dont whine about mods on any game.
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

People often forget modders have family's and jobs, they are real people, they do this in there spare time and make no money, they do it cause they enjoy making mods or to escape there own RW problems, you take that enjoyment away you can say goodbye to mods
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

WolfeUK wrote:People often forget modders have family's and jobs, they are real people, they do this in there spare time and make no money, they do it cause they enjoy making mods or to escape there own RW problems, you take that enjoyment away you can say goodbye to mods
Thats exactly right my friend, if they beg, they will make it worse.
markare

Post by markare »

WolfeUK wrote:People often forget modders have family's and jobs, they are real people, they do this in there spare time and make no money, they do it cause they enjoy making mods or to escape there own RW problems, you take that enjoyment away you can say goodbye to mods

To add to this.
Modders and not obligated to share their work either. They do so to enhance gameplay for everyone else through generosity. But people slating every little thing they do its no wonder they will stop sharing their work
I for one am grateful for the time people spend on mods. Whether its a 3m cultivator or a weight or a map. It adds variety. Isn't that what the game is about?? Variety of equipment that at the end of the day all does the exact same job anyway
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

markare wrote: I for one am grateful for the time people spend on mods. Whether its a 3m cultivator or a weight or a map. It adds variety. Isn't that what the game is about?? Variety of equipment that at the end of the day all does the exact same job anyway
Due to Giants system where you have to add 3 'unbugged' mods, so most modders make the 3m cutter and it seems that the easiest (ive no idea what im talking about) so the mod hub gets flooded with these, which then pass over to the consoles, so i do understand console owners getting pee'd off with that, but thats Giants fault and not the modders

Also with hedge collisions, i prefer them on because i love the realism, only reason i download mods is to add realism, but some people for some reason like to short track across fields, so they will go all guns blazing at the modders telling them there maps are stuff cause they cant drive straight, like i said before most are kids who dont have a clue on the repercussions, which is a real shame

Ive had a go and map making, and my god is it hard, ive got so much respect for anyone out there making mods, cause its not easy, and when you put all that time, heart and soul into a mod, even the 3m cutters, for it to the get dismissed the way some do, i can see why modders be like, fine, no mods for you guys

Welcome to the console modding community
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

Then again bad mods can really screw up your game. You could be happy over the fact that on consoles you obviously cannot get bad mods because those available to you will be checked for errors.

It is probably true also that many modders to be able to get to excellence they first need to produce garbage mods to learn how to do it well, by trial and error. I do not think many will be be discouraged on that path if their mistakes get critisized. They know they are not that good yet. It could and should and will be used to get better.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

I don't think mod authors are gonna stop making mods for console because of a few people who can't stop whining. I for one am a console player (PS4) and I highly appreciate the time and effort mod authors spend to create us free content. I understand that if a mod author says that mod isn't possible on console means it isn't possible and it's not the mod authors fault that there's restrictions on mods for console. I'm happy that we even got mods. Yes I have requested for mods before but like I said if they say it's not possible then I say okay and I deal with it.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

My oh my..Must we beat a dead horse? Of course some people complain about mods. And of course, there have definitely been consequences as a result. As a console player, I am well aware of the smaller number of mods available. As a console player, I acknowledged this when I bought the game for my PS4 rather than my PC. I think anyone with even half a brain realizes this. I am perfectly satisfied with what we get on consoles, and what we have on consoles. We actually get a fair amount of mods typically. Not all of them are useful to me, but I look at them anyway. If they are useful, I download them. If I know I won't ever touch them, I don't. End of story.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Im happy to get whatever someone is gracious enough to make for consoles. So what if its a 3 meter plough you have to start somewhere right? Noone is forcing you to download it.I know alot of modders have slowed down or even stopped making console mods due to unfair backlash or poor ratings because people dont like the mod. If you dont like it dont download it. Its ok to tell someone it wasnt you type of map or equipment but to belittle them is wrong and immature.Thank you to the modders who still make mods for us.We look forward to your next project. :hi:
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Gundad68

Post by Gundad68 »

A HUGE thanks too all the modders from a Xbone player.I take what we get an am VERY greatfull. I don't use them all by far, but the ones I do really are a big help.There will always be the lil moan an groaners,let them ,their loss if they don't like or use a mod. P!$$ on em !
Xbone player,too poor for a PC. lol
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

Also keep in mind the restrictions - I would have been happy to make my ShowMeTheMoney mod available to consoles, but it only works because of a custom LUA script, which when present, is a custom user script that Giants has said will not get uploaded to consoles because of the restrictions put in place by Microsoft and Sony.