SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

FunFarmer

SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by FunFarmer »

Before you ask any questions or make any new posts...... use the little box in the upper left corner of your screen that says "Search..." you type in one or two words related to your question and then just like magic, every instance of those words in this forum will appear on your screen. And I bet you a free copy of the next DLC that every single game question you have about Farming Simulator will be answered by those search results. If you thought of it, there is a very good chance that several other people did too. So please, before you make a mockery of our forums by asking the same worn out questions a hundred times a day, have a chat with the search bot and see what you can learn. If you try that first and you still don't quite have the answer you are looking for, DO NOT MAKE A NEW THREAD, put your question onto the end of a related thread. Every new post will make the topic go red again for all of us to see and it will bring it up to the top of the page.
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:
Farmer John 16

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by Farmer John 16 »

Good advice! This needs to stay at the top of the page so everyone can see it!
Playing on PS4
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

Farmer John 16 wrote:Good advice! This needs to stay at the top of the page so everyone can see it!
Feel free to "+1" it for Sticky Status. I put one just like it in the general questions area as well.

JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

+1 for sticky. :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

+1
PS4
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

Thanks for the support everyone.

mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Super Glue this one!
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

mdoss wrote:Super Glue this one!
I am hoping it makes it to that point. If you want to go add a +1 to the other one I made in the general questions area too that will help. Once it does get made sticky I will ask if they can trim it down to just the OP so it stands as information only without the conversation added. But again, I thank you and everyone else for your support on this.

JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

FunFarmer wrote:I thank you and everyone else for your support on this.
Anything for a friend. :) I would ask a moderator to sticky this, but they would probably get mad at me for asking. :rolleyesnew: Hopes of this topic and other topics requesting to be a sticky getting a sticky.

How to post your log.txt
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
Anything for a friend. :) I would ask a moderator to sticky this, but they would probably get mad at me for asking. :rolleyesnew: Hopes of this topic and other topics requesting to be a sticky getting a sticky.
I know what you mean. I am hoping that after this goes sticky I am going to see if I can rally support to become a volunteer English speaking moderator since I have seen and heard that is lacking on this board. I spend practically all day at my computer and most of that time on or near this forum. So I think between that and my professional past IRL I would be a great candidate for it. Especially for free.

JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

FunFarmer wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:
I know what you mean. I am hoping that after this goes sticky I am going to see if I can rally support to become a volunteer English speaking moderator since I have seen and heard that is lacking on this board. I spend practically all day at my computer and most of that time on or near this forum. So I think between that and my professional past IRL I would be a great candidate for it. Especially for free.
I would love to have you as a moderator. *thumbsup* I would sign up to be one as well.

How to post your log.txt
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
FunFarmer wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote: Anything for a friend. :) I would ask a moderator to sticky this, but they would probably get mad at me for asking. :rolleyesnew: Hopes of this topic and other topics requesting to be a sticky getting a sticky.
I would love to have you as a moderator. *thumbsup* I would sign up to be one as well.[/quote]

Have you had any board holidays? How much time a day do you have to spend on the board? Do you work well with a small group? I might need help if this all does happen.

JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

FunFarmer wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:
FunFarmer wrote: I know what you mean. I am hoping that after this goes sticky I am going to see if I can rally support to become a volunteer English speaking moderator since I have seen and heard that is lacking on this board. I spend practically all day at my computer and most of that time on or near this forum. So I think between that and my professional past IRL I would be a great candidate for it. Especially for free.
I would love to have you as a moderator. *thumbsup* I would sign up to be one as well.
Have you had any board holidays? How much time a day do you have to spend on the board? Do you work well with a small group? I might need help if this all does happen.
Yes I have had one board holiday recently, but I think that one was a false ban and I am pretty sure I was baited into it, but that's the only one. I don't really get too out of hand with others, don't get angry with others very easily, and don't get offended by comments too often. I have time to be on the forum from 8:00a.m. central time and until around 10-11p.m. at night central time. Small groups, would you be able to elaborate on that a little more? :) But yeah, I wouldn't mind helping you, since there is a lot of activity on the English side, I understand how that can be much for just one moderator.

How to post your log.txt
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
FunFarmer wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote: I would love to have you as a moderator. *thumbsup* I would sign up to be one as well.
Yes I have one board holiday recently, but I think that one was a false ban, but that's the only one and I don't really get too out of hand. I have time to be on the forum from 8:00a.m. central time and until around 10-11p.m. at night central time. Small groups, would you be able to elaborate on that a little more? :) But yeah, I wouldn't mind helping you, since there is a lot of activity on the English side, I understand how that can be much for just one moderator.
I know about the recent incident you are referring to. And I have been watching how that individual has been posting. And by small group I mean I would have a few members "in the field" that would help me keep track of things and help make suggestions and so on. I have been keeping very close track of this board and formulating ideas already of ways to make it better. I am on here pretty much all day long watching what goes on and saying a few things here and there. My first goal would be to try to get the good members back that have defected due to the chaos. They have A LOT to contribute to the daily operations here. This is a community, it needs to start feeling like it again.

JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

FunFarmer wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:
FunFarmer wrote:
Yes I have one board holiday recently, but I think that one was a false ban, but that's the only one and I don't really get too out of hand. I have time to be on the forum from 8:00a.m. central time and until around 10-11p.m. at night central time. Small groups, would you be able to elaborate on that a little more? :) But yeah, I wouldn't mind helping you, since there is a lot of activity on the English side, I understand how that can be much for just one moderator.
I know about the recent incident you are referring to. And I have been watching how that individual has been posting. And by small group I mean I would have a few members "in the field" that would help me keep track of things and help make suggestions and so on. I have been keeping very close track of this board and formulating ideas already of ways to make it better. I am on here pretty much all day long watching what goes on and saying a few things here and there. My first goal would be to try to get the good members back that have defected due to the chaos. They have A LOT to contribute to the daily operations here. This is a community, it needs to start feeling like it again.
Oh ok, then yeah I work well in a small group. I can contribute to issues and can discuss certain things that need fixed. I love to hear new ideas and ideas that can help solve issues, like what the forum has been experiencing. But yeah I would like the good members back as well, and they do have a big impact to what goes around here on the forum.

How to post your log.txt