Organic Crops

The Luminator

Organic Crops

Post by The Luminator »

I have a suggestion to improve the game, and i wanted to get the opinions of some other players before i attempt to contact Giants.

As the subject states, my idea is to have Organic crops as part of the game. For anyone who doesn't know, Organic crops would be those grown and harvested without the use of artificial fertiliser, so in the case of FS17 it would be crops that were only fertilised by Manure, Slurry, a Weeder, Oil Seed Radish or the Chopped Straw Mod. The idea is that Organic crops are either considered their own produce (I.E Organic Wheat, Organic Barley etc.) and generally sell for higher prices, or some sell points only accept 100% organic products and usually offer higher prices. For this to work effectively there would also need to be some changes to other parts of the game, such as Manure and Slurry becoming purchasable by the player as well as via workers, the Optional Fertilisation mod becoming present in the base game, and a new option for server admins that artificial fertilisers cannot be used by non-admin players.

The only reason i suggest this is because i like the idea of Manure and Slurry being used as "free fertiliser", but with the effort it takes to load a manure spreader (and this may just be me, because i'm not very good with telehandlers) and how fast they are used up, it just doesn't seem worth it over the convenience of just using a sprayer.
Vol

Re: Organic Crops

Post by Vol »

I would like to see a mod that includes this. I would also like to simply see sell points for manure and slurry (if such a thing happens in real life, as I imagine it does). I imagine if there would be some for players to buy, there should be the means for its sell, too.

Would you need to have separate crop types in the game, or simply certify that it is organic? I'm not sure how the back-end keeps track of stuff.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

There is a mod on modding central called game extension that is being built as sort of an ever changing mod as I understand it that adds functionality to the game. they have already added some really interesting features to helper pay among other things. Would be interesting to know if this is something that could be added to that. It might be worth contacting them to see what they say. It sounds like an idea that could be really popular.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

I love this idea!! Brilliant...
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain