What made you decide to play this game?

mackintosh

Re: What made you decide to play this game?

Post by mackintosh » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:38 pm

To answer the original question, old age and a fascination with large harvesters.

thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:31 am

Me I was On Xbox360 About 3 years ago been Playing shooter games for years and was getting burned out on same thing I was searching though games and found fs 13 I thought Cool A farming game but really how good can that be untill looked it over a little had to get it and play it so I did And loved it put 1678hrs in that game so when 15 come with the added forestry I had to get it too of course this was this transition to pc best move yet more more RROD my hours dropped a little on farming I seemed to stay in forestry all the time 1434hrs in 15 but started modding some too during 15 found as much fun in that as I did playing now today even though I have 17 most of my time seems to be modding and testing these days all though there was some change to 17 It did not seen to be enough to keep my interest up like the other version guess Iv just played it out I guess
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv

BigC92

Post by BigC92 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:33 am

thunderhawk wrote:Me I was On Xbox360 About 3 years ago been Playing shooter games for years and was getting burned out on same thing I was searching though games and found fs 13 I thought Cool A farming game but really how good can that be untill looked it over a little had to get it and play it so I did And loved it put 1678hrs in that game so when 15 come with the added forestry I had to get it too my hours dropped a little on farming I seemed to stay in forestry all the time 1434hrs in 15 but started modding some too during 15 found as much fun in that as I did playing now today even though I have 17 most of my time seems to be modding and testing these days all though there was some change to 17 It did not seen to be enough to keep my interest up like the other version guess Iv just played it out I guess
Did 360 have Dust514?

Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:39 am

BigC92 wrote:Did 360 have Dust514?
I think that's a ps3 exclusive. Me and a buddy of mine both bought ps3 specifically for that game after many hours spent in eve online. Too bad the project burned out. Might get a reboot on pc but I'm not holding my breath.
Playing on PS4 in Ohio, USA.

PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:49 am

I started with FS15 on the 360, I had known of the game but figured it was a joke. A friend gave a glowing recommendation and currently FS17 is my second most played game behind ARK. I admin on a pair of user dedicated servers with ARK, so I'm constantly teaching people the basics and assisting others with things that are a bit too big for them to do solo.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:

BigC92

Post by BigC92 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:54 am

Preble 818 wrote:
BigC92 wrote:Did 360 have Dust514?
I think that's a ps3 exclusive. Me and a buddy of mine both bought ps3 specifically for that game after many hours spent in eve online. Too bad the project burned out. Might get a reboot on pc but I'm not holding my breath.
I was a sniper on that, and i was starting to get the hang of assault, but the game shut the doors.

Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:00 am

BigC92 wrote:I was a sniper on that, and i was starting to get the hang of assault, but the game shut the doors.
Those were my go to classes. Good times :)
Playing on PS4 in Ohio, USA.

BigC92

Post by BigC92 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:14 am

Preble 818 wrote:
BigC92 wrote:I was a sniper on that, and i was starting to get the hang of assault, but the game shut the doors.
Those were my go to classes. Good times :)
Indeed, but i think they shut the doors cause everytime they updated the game like they fixed something, and something got worse, there were times where the lag got so bad that we couldn't play, either lag, or cheaters.

Farmer John 16

Post by Farmer John 16 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:02 pm

canadafarms wrote:Now keep in mind that the last farm game I played was called Sim Farm and that was back in the early to mid 90's.....some of you may recall this game, it was a very simple game but I liked it and I was kind of expecting this game to be something similar.
I really liked Sim Farm. It was very simple compared to Farming Simulator, but it really was a lot of fun. I wonder if I could still buy that anywhere and if it would work with Windows 7.

I started with FS 13. Didn't know anything about it, just seen it at the store and thought it might be fun.
Playing on PS4

Magnarex

Post by Magnarex » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:18 pm

I wasn't even aware there were Farm Sim games until I saw FS13 on Xbox Live. I thought about it but never bought it then FS15 showed up under new releases and I decided to take the plunge. I played countless hours on the Xbox 360 and then bought the game again when I bought an Xbox One. In fact, getting past the Xbox 360 slot limit was a major contributing factor at the time for getting an Xbox One.

I don't have an ag background so part of this is curiosity about farming since I work for an ag manufacturer in an IT role.
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”

canadafarms

Post by canadafarms » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:47 am

Farmer John 16 wrote:
I really liked Sim Farm. It was very simple compared to Farming Simulator, but it really was a lot of fun. I wonder if I could still buy that anywhere and if it would work with Windows 7.
Haha Farmer John, I was starting to think I was the only one. I will never forget that game, it was when we got our first computers in our school and me and a couple buddies spent all our free time in there playing it. I have no idea if it would be playable on a newer system but if you ever come across it be sure to let me know....I would love to give it a go again. *thumbsup*
PS4

JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Sim Farm? Sounds interesting... So Sim Farm was made in the 90's?
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt

canadafarms

Post by canadafarms » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:15 pm

JohnDeere318 wrote:Sim Farm? Sounds interesting... So Sim Farm was made in the 90's?
Yup, or at least that's when I played it. For a young person such as yourself you probably won't think much of it but back when I was your age or a bit younger it was hi tech :lol:
PS4

JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:13 pm

canadafarms wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:Sim Farm? Sounds interesting... So Sim Farm was made in the 90's?
Yup, or at least that's when I played it. For a young person such as yourself you probably won't think much of it but back when I was your age or a bit younger it was hi tech :lol:
Sounds like an interesting game! *thumbsup*
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt

Dfarmer36

Post by Dfarmer36 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:17 pm

JohnDeere318 wrote:
canadafarms wrote:
Sounds like an interesting game! *thumbsup*
Lol had this game liked it allot. Very simple game, was able to buy the whole map twice first time with just planting strawberries over and over second time doing it with nothing but oranges. Never could land the crop duster always crashed in front of runway
Dairy farmer by day Xbox/pc user by night