What made you decide to play this game?

Dfarmer36

Re: What made you decide to play this game?

Post by Dfarmer36 »

Found my first loves in life early making gravel in the summer with an 821c and running a 608 fella bucher in the winter averaged 65 to 80 hours a week. Not because I had to he only required 40 out of me I just hated to leave the seat of my machines. Then I had a kid and had to switch to working on the family farm for child care while it is fun to make hay I missed the woods so thankfully with mods this game gives me a small taste of what I had. I miss the smells and the responsibility but this brings me happiness as well I can sit home with my family and cut wood for fun it's a good thing
Dairy farmer by day Xbox/pc user by night
Miura74

Post by Miura74 »

FS13 started it for me on PS3 and then PC, and then everything since. *thumbsup*

But I'm a fan of slower paced gaming (that's not an insult btw!). It's also best in it's class, IMHO. :hi:

What's nice reading all the previous comments is that we appear to be a real mix of folks. *thumbsup*
PS4 + PS5 (Miura74) & PC player.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PsnMiura74
(No monetization - I don't earn money off views - just fun)
Vol

Post by Vol »

Patrick73 wrote:Me personally I've played a lot of game over the years FIFA, pro evo ,battlefield,project cars and gran tourismo but as I got older I found most of these games frustrating and came off the PlayStation more frustrated than relaxed especially when I played online. Then this was on offer on ps store and I thought why not and haven't looked back!
I would love to spend all day playing GT, but that has to be played with a steering wheel, and it is such a hassle to set it up.

I started playing this with Farming Simulator 2013. My favorite games are Civilization, SimCity, and X-Com, so this wasn't too much of a stretch. I started playing it because... it is a game about farming. I mean... how horrible is my job where someone can make a game about farming and make it fun but no one makes a game about what I do.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I saw Farming Simulator 2011: Platinum Edition at Walmart one fateful day. I made the comment, "I bet that's the worst game imaginable, but I would probably like it". I love equipment and tractors and farming in general. Went home and watched a couple Youtube videos and I knew I had to have it. I had an old windows vista PC that was definitely not meant for gaming. It worked on the minimum settings and lagged like crazy if you had more than 1 machine on the screen at once. When that one crashed, I bought another PC with no intention of using it for gaming. I did finally install FS2011 just to see how it'd do. It ran it very smooth but still at the lowest graphics settings and with very few mods. I finally did download Springhill Farms before FS2013 came out. I got it a little while after it released and played it solid until FS15 came out. I preordered that one. Played it until my wife took the laptop for school and preordered 17 on Xbox.

All in all, I probably logged more hours on 2011 than any of the rest of the series. Mostly on the default map with few mods. Those were the days!!! Back before logging, power food, silage bales, tractor customization, root crops, trains, weeders, plowing requirements, tip anywhere, sheep, pigs, chickens, glitches, console limitations, trucks, skid steers, more than one tractor brand...
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I first bought fs13 for Pc because my buddy a crossed the road did. It was part of a viscous cycle of one of us buying a game and talking about it until the other one did lol. I can't even tell you how many unused games we each have because of the other *$#%§*. Ranged from wow to eve online to css to fs and many others. But this one has been my favorite through the years. 13 and 15 or PC then 17 for the PS4 and had to buy it again for PC cause I missed the mods. I grew up on a farm and live in a farming community so it's near to my heart :)
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:It seems like pretty much everyone started the FS series on FS2013. :lol: It was probably the most advertised and more well known by then.
Fs13 is available for console, take that into consideration, and most people dont have a pc, or not a strong running one at that, so console is your next step.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

BigC92 wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:It seems like pretty much everyone started the FS series on FS2013. :lol: It was probably the most advertised and more well known by then.
Fs13 is available for console, take that into consideration, and most people dont have a pc, or not a strong running one at that, so console is your next step.
Makes sense, probably the most likely reason why FS2013 was so popular and how GIANTS won big (Well, maybe FS15 won them big). I do think FS2013 was a pretty big step up from the previous gen's.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
Makes sense, probably the most likely reason why FS2013 was so popular and how GIANTS won big (Well, maybe FS15 won them big). I do think FS2013 was a pretty big step up from the previous gen's.
Well it got me hooked, i can tell you that right now.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I really liked all the equipment from FS13. except the harvesters weren't great. That and the absence of a semi even though there was a nice fliegl trailer in there was what sent me looking for mods. I felt really big the first time I went into GE and deleted those trees around the starting fields so I could combine them!
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
BigC92 wrote: Makes sense, probably the most likely reason why FS2013 was so popular and how GIANTS won big (Well, maybe FS15 won them big). I do think FS2013 was a pretty big step up from the previous gen's.
It did the same for me as well. :lol:
Preble 818 wrote:I really liked all the equipment from FS13. except the harvesters weren't great. That and the absence of a semi even though there was a nice fliegl trailer in there was what sent me looking for mods.
Yeah I agree, the harvesters were not worth anything. You had to get Titanium Edition to get real equipment. *thumbsup* That's when you got the big stuffs. :mrgreen:

How to post your log.txt
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:
BigC92 wrote: Makes sense, probably the most likely reason why FS2013 was so popular and how GIANTS won big (Well, maybe FS15 won them big). I do think FS2013 was a pretty big step up from the previous gen's.
It did the same for me as well. :lol:
Preble 818 wrote:I really liked all the equipment from FS13. except the harvesters weren't great. That and the absence of a semi even though there was a nice fliegl trailer in there was what sent me looking for mods.
Yeah I agree, the harvesters were not worth anything. You had to get Titanium Edition to get real equipment. *thumbsup* That's when you got the big stuffs. :mrgreen:
I had no idea what to expect from fs13 tbh, but i wished they had 2 more mod packs for fs15, give us more variety to choose from, but oh well.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Yeah I agree, the harvesters were not worth anything. You had to get Titanium Edition to get real equipment. *thumbsup* That's when you got the big stuffs. :mrgreen:
I have yet to purchase a dlc so I guessed I missed out on that :) but I had a nice Claas harvester mod that made me happy!
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Preble 818 wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:Yeah I agree, the harvesters were not worth anything. You had to get Titanium Edition to get real equipment. *thumbsup* That's when you got the big stuffs. :mrgreen:
I have yet to purchase a dlc so I guessed I missed out on that :) but I had a nice Claas harvester mod that made me happy!
Ah ok, but yeah the Titanium Edition gave you the Case IH 9230 (duals and tracks) with the 45ft header, and then the Case IH 7130. That's how those combines got into the game. *thumbsup* You also got a semi (close to the one in FS17, except not as good looking) and Case IH tractors [380 Magnum (singles and duals) and the Puma] and many more.
BigC92 wrote:I had no idea what to expect from fs13 tbh, but i wished they had 2 more mod packs for fs15, give us more variety to choose from, but oh well.
Yeah I didn't know what to expect either. Variety, that's what I love about FS17. You get a lot more stuff than FS15. *thumbsup*

How to post your log.txt
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I agree the base fleet of vehicles is the best we've seen besides the absence of a big self propelled mower. But I guess you can always put the lely mower on from of a bigger tractor and a Tedder or wind rower in back.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

I have to travel a lot with my business and I always take my PS with me. So one day after work I was in Wal-Mart and the cover of FS 13 with the quad track caught my eye. I had never heard of FS or watched any vids or anything.....I was completely in the dark on what this franchise was all about. This was a while after the initial release of FS 13 so the price was quite reasonable. It was the only copy they had left and it looked lonely sitting on the shelf all by itself :lol: so I thought what the heck, I will give you a good home. Now keep in mind that the last farm game I played was called Sim Farm and that was back in the early to mid 90's.....some of you may recall this game, it was a very simple game but I liked it and I was kind of expecting this game to be something similar. So I got back to where I stay when I am on the road and put the game in......and within minutes I was completely blown away. Instantly I was hooked, I couldn't believe how good the equipment looked and the fact that it is a game where you decide how you go about playing. Not like a lot a lot of games where you have a set goal and you might have to do it 100 times to get to the next goal. I wasn't much for games before this, I played EA Hockey, EA Golf and Need For Speed and that was pretty much it and most times these games could only hold my attention for 20-30 minutes. Also I am the definition of a workaholic so between my business and the farm I didn't have much free time anyway. Well this game changed that because I find myself on it every spare minute I have pretty much. My only complaint about FS is that I get even less sleep than I used to :lol: :zunge:
Last edited by canadafarms on Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
PS4