ideas for fs19

elektronemulo

Re: ideas for fs19

Post by elektronemulo »

I'm throwing my 2000000¢ in the ring:

Lisertan, you've already read everything inside this first spoiler; I'm reposting here for community participation.
  • Animals:
    • I'd like to be able to breed/sell chickens, again. Add to the animals, please don't take any away.
    • Add alpacas for the South American map.
  • Economy:
    • Economy price adjustments should not be at the end of the trailer or train car dump. It shouldn't even really be at the end of an hour like FS15. Economy price changes should be at the end of the day.
  • Vehicles:
    • I need the Jeep from the South American map as a drive-able vehicle. I also need the Lizard van in a trayback/3-way tipper bed variant.
    • We need a tow-able pressure washer trailer.
    • If a seed/fertilizer accepting trailer passes under the pipe of an auger wagon carrying seed or fertilizer, open the hatch. Ideally, seed and fertilizer hatches should open separately when they are modeled as separate doors.
    • The modding community has created so many HKL trucks to work with ITRunner that it's probably about time for GIANTS to include some. Base them on the MAN, Tatra, and Lizard Twinstar trucks.
    • Pallets should be reusable (or sell them with the item). To collect the wool from the wool farm, I should have to provide empty pallets.
      If wool is going to drain out of a pallet like grain out of a truck, I should get the pallet back; if the pallet is going to disappear with the wool, the whole wool bale should sell at the same time like a straw bale does.
    • The BGA input should not care what kind of tipTrigger I'm dumping in to it. If I have figured out a way to get a ramp in to the BGA to dump a trailer, I should not have to then fiddle with conveyors. If I have an auger wagon that takes silage, that should work at the BGA, too. (I've had trouble with some vehicles at the BGA in FS17).
    • North American farms are more likely to use gooseneck trailers than a fifth wheel on a chassis-cab frame. Please include a gooseneck hitch option in the Pickup TT and gooseneck trailers in several categories for North American maps. Include flatbeds (bales and pallets but no equipment), roro (equipment haulage, bales, pallets), dump bodies, livestock, tanks (fuel with pump option, water with pressure washer option, etc), specialized bale trailers, header trailers, etc. Gooseneck trailers do not work with fifth-wheels.
    • ISO Intermodal containers. For maps with ports, the port should only accept goods in Intermodal containers. (The port would treat this as a very large bale and buy the whole thing at once; the ISO container would disappear upon sale. Perhaps this should require a specialized sale point based on the shop sale point mechanic since ports require truckers to exit their cabs before they lift the ISO container from the frame of the trailer.)
    • Farmers on small farms need a bumper-pull livestock trailer capable of holding 1 cow, 2-3 pigs, 4-6 sheep, and 50-75 chickens. This would be suited to towing behind the Lizard van and pickups.
  • Interface:
    • Use a smaller font across the whole interface. So much screen is taken up by a large font.
    • Let me change controls from within a running game. If this is too technically challenging, at least let me view the controls settings from in a game other than through the F1 list. Also add a search function within the control screen; all it takes is a couple of mods and the controls list gets huge. Controls for some mods don't show up in the F1 on-screen help; don't change this because then the F1 list would get too long. We just need a way to open the full controls list and search for VeGS in the list, for example.
    • Descriptions on shop screens, modhub screens, and garage screens should be scrollable. In the modhub, there are so many mods with descriptions cut off. The modhub should also have an option to click through all of the pictures uploaded to the web version of the modhub.
    • Modhub: The changelog should be a separate text file from the rest of the mod description and should display with a separate tab behind the description in the modhub. In the update section of the modhub, the changelog tab should display on top by default.
    • Shop Screen:
      • The image in the shop screen should change as I make changes to a vehicle. This would use 3d models of the vehicle instead of a static picture. This will help me choose paint options and wheels without spending a bunch of money at the customization shop.
      • The customization screen needs checkboxes for some items: Trailer hitch (yes/no), front 3-point (yes/no), frontloader attachment points (yes/no), engine (options list). This will hopefully reduce the number of mods that use scripts to add/remove front/rear 3p so that more mods are available to those poor souls on consoles.
      • In the vehicle shop screen, let me see which mod a vehicle is from (as a small info note). This should also apply to my garage.
      • The shop screen needs a place to list vehicles by mod (like the brands screen and category screen). This will prevent modders from creating their own brands to separate their mods. (Wasn't this in FS15?).
      • Actually, The shop screen would really, really benefit from a search field and hashtags. I could create an absetzrahmen mod with a #AR tag and the search on #AR. Same for anything that works with #ITRunner or #HKL.
      • And, the shop screen desperately needs filters, sort options, and categorization options.
      • It would be nice to be able to filter vehicles by region for realism. One would not find MAN or Tatra trucks on a North American farm. This will obviously require additional data in the file formats but this should be per vehicle and not at the mod level. Map makers will also need a way to specify the region for their maps or to make the map global. Players will need an option to restrict vehicles to regional vehicles or use any vehicles.
      • The shop needs infinite color options, favorite colors, specify color by color wheel and by hexadecimal text. (My daughters want me to get hot pink for all of my vehicles. Modders should have the option of specifying factory (cheaper colors) colors by name (Example:
        If you had a license for the Ford Transit van, you could list "Blue Jeans," "White Gold," "Race Red," "Green Gem," "Ingot Silver," "Oxford White," "School Bus Yellow," "Magnetic," "Shadow Black," and "Stone Gray" as the factory colors (free with initial purchase, custom color price to change colors later); users could then pick custom colors for extra money."
      • Used vehicles: add random used vehicle options with a 10% price mark-up over what a user could get at the shop for the same vehicle and age statistics. I'll leave it to y'all to determine if used vehicles should be available for lease.
      • List the hitch type(s) on the sale and garage screens. Use check marks to indicate which optional hitch types are installed.
    • Garage Screen:
      • The garage screen needs a place to list vehicles by mod, brand, and category.
      • Actually, The garage screen would also really, really benefit from a search field, hashtags, filters, and sort options (including age).
      • I would like to be able to enter vehicles from the Garage list.
      • I would like to be able to tag a vehicle on the map from the Garage list. This tag would move with the vehicle (including the beam of light).
      • I would like to be able to "Buy this vehicle again" from the Garage list.
      • I would like to be able to group instances of the same vehicle together in an expandable list.
    • Prices Screen:
      • I would like to be able to click on the product column header to sort the locations by price for that products.
      • I would like to be able to hover of the image of a product to see the name of the product (or just change the interface to list the text right under the image).
    • Real Estate Agent Screen (new):
      • Buy fields from one "website" rather than running around from field to field.
      • Sell fields when you get desperate for money.
      • Keep the field icon in place after you buy the field so you can sell it and so you can teleport to it. (I'm open to other solutions for this).
      • Farmers only sell fields directly to you (at the field icon) for the lower price when you have completed all of their missions. Farmers randomly sell to each other, resetting your missions list unless one of the other existing farmers buys it. Missions requirements are 8 missions per field owned by the farmer (if you have complete 15 missions and the farmer sells one of the two fields they own, you're done. If you've completed 15 missions for a farmer and they buy a third field, you now have 9 more missions to do for that farmer. Farmers you don't assist have low income and a higher chance of selling a field to a random AI farmer. Farmers you assist with all missions have a higher chance of being rich and buying more fields from another AI farmer.
      • The player has to buy the cow, sheep, pig, and chicken areas before they are able to use them. (If not, these areas should be closer to the default farm than usual.)
  • File formats and Files:
    • The file that lists the mod authors needs another way to list several authors. For example, when a modder uses content from GIANTS and wants to credit them in the mod file, we need a way to do this more easily rather than with a comma-delineated list. For another example, some modders use wheels from GIANTS, scripts from whoever wrote the UAL/autoload script, and models from a third party; the person that combined the three is the author of THIS mod and would list the authors of the source mods as contributors.
    • It would be nice if modders could create configuration changes for default vehicles without including the model in their mod if the configuration change does not add anything to the model. For example, I have seen many mods that add stronger or weaker motors to the default tractors; these should not require a complete extra mod. (It would be even cooler if I could create configuration modifications like this to attach to other mods but I'm not sure how this would work reliably.)
    • Mods by GIants like the Lizard van should install to the same place as expansions like the Big Bud Pack and Platinum Expansion. This should especially apply to early purchase bonus mods.
  • Maps:
    • I would love a legacy maps pack with older maps updated to newer technology. This can be an add-on. The maps from FS15 and FS17 are largely compatible.
    • I would love an official GIANTS 4x or 8x map. Please? For use with my oversized Big Bud equipment. This would also be lovely with fields of all sizes so that I can work my way up from tiny plots to industrial farm size.
And here are some new things (Listertan, you only THOUGHT that was a lot before! :mrgreen: ):
  • Vehicles:
    • To expand on the idea of factory colors vs custom colors, the shop could sell vehicles with limited color pallets as it currently does. Users would have to place a garage somewhere to access the custom 16 million color pallet. But this would also unlock painting vehicles that don't currently have a color choice (like the Challenger tractors).
    • ISO/Intermodal containers idea expansion: Please use the 20-foot variety and make them compatible with ITRunner.
    • To expand on transporting/selling chickens: the animal trailers either need chicken cages modeled in or we need a separate set of chicken cage trailers.
    • Valtra has some tractors that steer AND articulate. Yes, please!
    • Return of the Lindner Unitrac serires (and attachements): In FS13 you had the Lindner Unitrac. If y'all still have a license with Lindner, please include Linder's entire line (a fairly small line of vehicles, compared to other manufacturers).
    • Rather than the Ford Transit model, you already have a license with some of Fiat Industrial (CNHI); y'all should use the Iveco Daily as a van, chassis cab light truck, and tray/tipper bed light truck.
  • Controls & Interface:
    • The control to empty the bale wrapper and the square baler is different than the control to empty a trailer. These should probably be the same (like folding, lowering, on/off are basically universal). The F1 menu is basically essential because of this small difference in controls between devices. (Hey, UAL/autoload script modders, please follow this same advice!)
    • Character selection: I would like the ability to change the character model selection on later savegames.
    • Character selection: You already have additional character models for pedestrians and helpers, please allow more variety for the player's model. (More skin tones, hair colors, hair styles, eye colors, etc.)
    • Mod-hub: I would like for the in-game mod hub to track if a mod was downloaded from the in-game mod hub or installed manually.
    • Mod management from in-game: since I have asked for mod information to be linked from mod vehicle listings, it would also be nice to be able to see how many vehicles/placables I'm using from that mod in a particular game and to mark a mod to unload the mod on next load of the savegame (Ex.: I just sold the last tractor from a particular mod and don't want to use the mod again; let me mark the mod for exclusion from this game the next time I load the game.)
    • Mod management: in the mod-hub, include information about how many savegames I have a mod activated in. (So I can remove mods which I don't use in any savegames.)
    • Mod management: in the mod activation screen during the savegame loading process, please allow search, categorization, hashtags, etc. The list becomes ungainly with just a few mods.
  • Maps:
    • Many modded maps add additional produce ("fruits") and interconnected industries. I think it's time for GIANTS to start adding the interconnected industries to new maps (I don't suggest going back and adding it to the Classic Maps Pack.
    • If you don't include the Seasons mod concept, please include Seasons mod snow masks in the official maps. You can even keep this hush-hush until Realismus updates Seasons for FS19. (I would actually like to see y'all hire up the Realismus team and include Seasons in future versions. I absolutely love the Seasons mod; it make FS17 way less arcade-ish and much more realistic.)
  • File formats:
    • Modders need a way in the file format to list the original hosts of their mods with the URL; ideally, modders would be able to specify several URLs. There are many modding sites that re-host mods to scoop up the ad revenue. Embedding the original URL would allow modders to redirect users away from these moochers back to where the modder intended to host the mod. I'm asking for the host URL inclusion because Google search results quickly fill up with sites that seem less than legitimate. I'm asking for the ability to include several URLs because I've seen several modders that like to host at fs-uk, modhoster, and the official modhub, for example. This bit of code should be displayed in-game anywhere that users can get more information about a mod; it could also be read and listed by mod hosts that support reading it on upload (including, hopefully, the official mod hub).
    • Could you introduce a way for modders to add player/pedestrian/helper models, please.
BigYveske

Post by BigYveske »

Better AI: make them avoid crops(except grass) when using the course play my AI workers drive through my crops. This is not nice of them especially because I use the crop distribution mod. So make the AI this smart that they won’t drive true growing or to be harvested crops with the exception of grass of course.
I'm living for my farm, I'm farming for life!
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Some sort of integrated courseplay to send workers off to cart and stuff like that.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
BigYveske

Post by BigYveske »

Make the paint wear off!
When using a new plough the forrows should lose there paint wen going in the ground.

Same for the inside of a much used trailer.
I'm living for my farm, I'm farming for life!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:53 pm
BigYveske wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:02 pm Better AI: make them avoid crops(except grass) when using the course play my AI workers drive through my crops. This is not nice of them especially because I use the crop distribution mod. So make the AI this smart that they won’t drive true growing or to be harvested crops with the exception of grass of course.
Courseplay is a mod and has nothing to do with giants
So was the forestry mod in fs13, cam out in fs15 in the.main game.
Danikis

Post by Danikis »

Peanuts or cotton as a crop would be nice. I live in the south and see them do it all the time. Would be cool to do this on the game.
Spector51

Post by Spector51 »

Horses is interesting. I thought this game could use a "luck" element so here is my thought.

You purchase horses and in a sense you are breeding race horses.
In addition to the normal animal care you have to exercise and your horses and take them to the vets periodically.
If you perform these tasks at a "given" level, horses are a break even endeavor.

Here is where the "luck" element comes in. If you perform these task above the given level, lets say minimun is to keep amimal cleanliness and feeding is 70%, for each game day or hour you keep these marks above the minimum, you increase the odds of being rewarded by raising a champion.

You wouldn't neccessarily take your horse to a sell trigger, maybe every 5th time you exercise your horse you are paid by a broker for your efforts. The fees payed by the broker are completely random but as stated earlier, if you excell at horse husbandry, you increase (using some type of game formula) your chances of increase profits.

You should also be limited to a minute number of horses.
elektronemulo

Post by elektronemulo »

Lisertan, I'm baaack! :gamer:
  • Placeables:
    • Grid system for placing placeables. With snap-to functionality. Option in the menus to disable the grid and snap-to for free placement.
    • An easy way to rotate placeables by 45 degree increments.
    • An easy way to reset the orientation of the placeable.
  • Vehicles:
    • Ponsse Scorpion and similar forestry harvesters:
      • A way to tell that we're in cutting range without having the F1 help window open. Ideally this is a cut plane indicator like the hand-held chainsaws but a small icon in the HUD would work as well. (Or both, even).
  • Traffic and Vehicles:
    • Splines on more roads.
    • Allow traffic to randomly choose splines to follow at intersections (or choose destinations and follow splines to the destination). Doing this will contribute to the built-in CoursePlay request by others.
    • Traffic vehicles should be available in the store. In other words, traffic should only consist of vehicles available to the player. (Don't forget the region tags mentioned in the previous post)
    • Bring in traffic vehicles and cars from FS15 and FS17 (at least), make them driveable, and set them loose.
    • Splines have speeds as a tag, right? Set traffic speeds higher. Spline speeds should match the speed limit.
    • Trains that drive by themselves. (Option to disable in menus). Can be turned on and off per train so that the player can grab a moving train and use it.
    • Traffic can be knocked off of splines, will try to return to the same spline. Reset on errors when player gets out of view.
    • Default pickups should take produce (at least large produce like wood chips, potatoes, sugar beets)
  • Trains:
    • More extensive rail networks.
    • Being the large volume farmers that we are, perhaps a map where the train visits the farmer's main silo (or make a train silo purchasable; charges a daily storage fee before purchase).
  • Sellpoints:
    • At least two sell points for animals that compete for business.
  • Scripts:
    • Pallets are fun ... for a time. Please include a built-in auto-loading/UAL script. Can be disabled in the menus.
    • If you include an autoloading script (even if you don't enable it on any GIANTS-made vehicles), please set it up so that modders can call this script to load/unload vehicles. This will make it easier for modders to get auto-loading vehicles on consoles.
    • Build-in the easy reset script.
  • Servers:
    • Please include a non-graphical server that we can use to self-host games. Since I can't buy a game on Steam for myself twice, please allow this server to run without requiring the license. The graphical game interface should require a license. Or, if you make money from server hosts, please allow users to start the server and graphical game simultaneously from the same license. Allow server management through the console.
    • Built-in voice chat.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

The ability to harvest corn in the whole ear, and be able to just feed that to cows, or grind it up with a feed mill and be able to feed it to cows or pigs.

Self propelled pickers:

Pull Type picker:

Grinder:

Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Kubota. I don't think the license would be that hard since I believe that Great Plains and Kubota are owned by the same people, but I could be wrong.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
Carter345

Post by Carter345 »

I would defiantly like to see the addition of grain sorghum for cows and the other animals
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

Definitely not the marriage system from farmers dynasty .
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
SimulatedSphere

Here is what I think would be fitting :

Crops/Cereals - We need something more than wheat or barley , maybe some oats or possibly lavender . We need more realistic crop textures , like 3d if possible because the current ones are 2d . Also (a more real way of growth) instead of the jump , more gradual .

Machinery: We need more trucks that fit for the uk and more uk machinery and if you add in Claas (I do feel like a machine on repeat) I will make all my uninterested friends buy fs19 . Try and make a deal with Claas - like , we will .... . Also more uk equipment like MF.

Maps: More UK maps , or maps based on real places such as Ireland or America .

Others: Traffic needs better skins and we need more density of traffic . Add in as many valid scripts as possible or more real grass . We need mud or else I might end up at making two campaigns called Bring Claas and Mud! . Add in a bit of Mud runner and all realism will be done . (Maybe you have already finished the engines) . When you buy animals a truck will come to you with your animals . Auctions will be good or a more realistic rain engine like cmon . You are missing out on alot of stufff . Window wipers and I want you to try and make the dashboard light up . Maintenance , like replacing batteries or tires. A few bolts to remove . Rust will do A lot to the game or black smoke . When you start up or floor a tractor , black smoke will come out . Engine sounds like the real life tractors . A gearbox with clutch or just an automatic with gearbox sounds . Wheel slip could be possible in different weather. I'm sure you could try and implement this . Ask modders to help you do interiors or if possible ic and I want this to be possible on xbox . Add in ic like bsm did . I also thank you very much giants for all your hard work . And please don't add in stuff that's not possible and please try and help to try and remove or make stuttering better . Sorry for my english and I thank you for reading this . It has took ages to write this on an 10.1 inch tablet.
Just waiting for FS19!
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
SimulatedSphere

The traffic needs to be A lot faster .
Just waiting for FS19!
Eldo31

Post by Eldo31 »

-Terrain that can be manipulated ingame (think FS17 + Minecraft). Gets massively annoying not being able to use placeables unless I jump into the editor and flatten a spot for them. I play on both console and PC. The editor can fix map issue for PC, but i'm stuck with maps "AS-IS" for consoles. I agree wholeheartedly with the people that desire the ability to dig into and shape the land. This would greatly enhance realism for agriculture, as well as logging, and even open up mining prospects.
-No more static trees, bushes, and plants that cant be destroyed/removed ingame. Should be able to mow over, grind, or scrape away bushes/schrubs and other misc foliage without having to run once again to the editor.
-non-grass weeds and plants to spawn randomly and grow on fields and other un-worked areas of the map. Example - clear a forest to bare dirt, then weeds and shrubs spawn that can be cleared by working the ground, or die out on their own if re-planted trees grow and block the sun.
-Further develop forestry. Add randomness in tree growth, defects. Premium pricing for good logs, the rest go the the chipper. Currently all logging trees are exact copies of each other, they grow exactly the same and have no variation or variety. The fact that chipping generally yields a higher price than actual, perfect logs is a crying shame.
-Develop logging for hardwood trees, plant-able hardwood species. The game already has a good variety of various hardwood trees, but they must be harvested mostly manually, requiring a great deal of time, but no real financial incentive for the labor. A beautiful (and rare) perfect oak or maple log is worth vastly more at a hardwood mill than a spruce or fir log. This is a huge area of forestry agriculture that is currently being largely ignored, but could greatly enhance the gameplay.
-COTTON with related equpiment
-"SEASONS MOD" fully integrated and enhanced further. Weather that actually affects crops, even in a basic way (like hail actually damaging plants), perhaps wind effects. Rain, hail, and snow that is actually stopped by a roof. (very cheesy to enter a large shed and still see it raining inside. If a roof or tree canopy can stop rain and sunlight in a simple game like minecraft, why cant the Giants Engine not handle this simple concept?)
-"SOIL MOD" like random weeds and a differentiation of fertilizer and pest/herbicide application. Some simple or complex means of tracking and manipulating soil quality as soilmod did in FS15, and a graphical display of applied manure/slurry/dry fertilizer or herbicide.
-Integration of other perennial grass type plants. I.E. - grass in roadside ditches or field borders, as well as growing randomly everywhere else on the map, but plant-able alfalfa, clover, ect in fields.

All in all, this is a great game, and has developed wonderfully, especially with the help of all the fantastic modders. Moving forward with some of the above ideas as well as all the other suggestions that have come before will continue to make this game great. I'd easily pay 2x as much or more for even the current game, but with the ability to dig into the terrain and manipulate the ground.