ideas for fs19

JohnDeere318

Re: ideas for fs19

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Jagtractor wrote:Would love to see 4 real seasons somehow get implemented. although I know that would be a bit tricky I think .
Yeah seasons wouldn't be bad, but that seems like a lot of work to make, especially since they never did that in the beginning. This game would probably something completely different next year if they implemented that. :lol:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

It would be hard for sure. And maybe not possible. But they get better and better every year. Who knows what will come next. I've been playing since the 2011 version and can't wait to see what the future will bring for this game.
I love that this game gets more and more popular every year. If I were Giants I would feel very proud of what they accomplished. Whenever i tell my friends I play farm simulator. They always give a weird look. Maybe I need new friends haha
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

Jagtractor wrote:It would be hard for sure. And maybe not possible. But they get better and better every year. Who knows what will come next. I've been playing since the 2011 version and can't wait to see what the future will bring for this game.
I love that this game gets more and more popular every year. If I were Giants I would feel very proud of what they accomplished. Whenever i tell my friends I play farm simulator. They always give a weird look. Maybe I need new friends haha
LOL, my friends do the same, but then they try it and end up buying the game for themselves. Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of games like battlefield and grand theft auto, but this is sure a nice change of pace. People just need to try it before they judge it.
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I think the multiple, separate farms idea on the same map is a great idea. Where two or three friends could each have their own separate farm on the same game. That would be a lot of fun. You could help each other out as needed, each buy your own farms, etc. I think it would make the map come more "alive".

Thanks
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

For seasons there is an upcoming mod :) Implements seasons, more realistic gameplay with harvests per year, animals that need more bedding in winter and a lot more. You can find it on the FS-UK forums.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Jagtractor wrote:It would be hard for sure. And maybe not possible. But they get better and better every year. Who knows what will come next. I've been playing since the 2011 version and can't wait to see what the future will bring for this game.
Implementing seasons into FS17 is very much possible. :)
FrankieD

Post by FrankieD »

1. Realistic economy (real selling price + silo, storage costs)
2. Realistic yield (recreate units)
3. Realistic season and time
4. Realistic fertilizing
5. Soil/Crop sampling
Questionnaire

Post by Questionnaire »

Breakable equipment ex. hit a rock with a cultivator/plow take it to the shop to get it fixed
Poppable tires
Tow rope
More mods in the mod hub
Playing FS 15-17-19-22 on a Razer Blade.

PC Specs
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
AMD Radeon RX 590 "Fatboy"
Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8) DDR4-3200
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Samsung 870 QVO Plus 1TB
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB M.2

In-game username:Questionnaire
Discord: russian_man_99
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

Fields get muddy when it rains, too much rain in the summer and you better have tracks on your combine if you want to get all your crop off. Like above poster said, breakable equipment - new equipment = very uncommon to break down, get high hours on machinery and you have to deal with more breakdowns.
Vol

Post by Vol »

Things I'd like to see:
  • Improved Multiplayer: I want people to be able to run separate farms on the same server at the same time. Own separate equipment and separate fields and have separate accounts.
  • All the Equipment: People complain about how many cars are in GT. Usually, if a car is introduced, it is in the subsequent releases, too. Not always, but a lot of the time. This means there are lots of cars in the game. If a tractor was in a previous release of the game, or a previous Giants DLC, it should be available.
  • More Risks: I feel like the game is terribly winnable, even in hard mode. I feel like it is slower, but not harder. I want there to be a risk that the farm won't succeed. Equipment failures? Crop failures? Bad weather? Anything, just make it challenging.
Jwolfm3

Post by Jwolfm3 »

Hireable ai for forestry!!! Don't get me wrong I like doing most of the cutting and loading.. having a type of course play on console to haul the logs and being able to hire ai to stump grind atleast
Leonara

Post by Leonara »

Let them fix the bugs in this one first
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

I recall a similar topic when FS 17 was still in the works, nothing much has changed. But I'll do another one.....

I don't mind the general flow of the farming side of things, and working for other farmers using different equipment is a nice distraction that gives you more $$$ as a reward. Anyway, I want some fun with this game... besides the normal farming, I'd like to see old farm equipment lying around, some in old barns or left outside and almost hidden in the paddocks/forrest. You can buy it off the farmer or barter, tow it back to your workshop and restore it, then use it for yourself or sell it. Imagine finding an old Bedford truck with a tree growing where the tray was... cutting the tree up in order to get it, of finding an old classic car in the river, and trying to tow it out.

I'd like a family on the farm, and some of them can do some jobs around the place too.... but of course the more kids you have the more it costs, especially when they get older. They can look after the chickens and green house to keep costs down, then sell eggs and veggies in the town.

I want a farm dog that will follow me around, one that jumps on the back of the ute or sits beside me in the tractor. :lol:

And lastly, maybe a tractor pulling track, where the tractors are put in different horse power categories... you then adjust weights, air pressure etc to see how far you can pull the sleds. Can you imagine finding an old Ford tractor in the paddock and sticking a V8 in it to compete! :lol:

Like I said, we have all the stuff already to make serious money, we need the fun factor as well.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Achtung Baby wrote:I recall a similar topic when FS 17 was still in the works, nothing much has changed. But I'll do another one.....

I don't mind the general flow of the farming side of things, and working for other farmers using different equipment is a nice distraction that gives you more $$$ as a reward. Anyway, I want some fun with this game... besides the normal farming, I'd like to see old farm equipment lying around, some in old barns or left outside and almost hidden in the paddocks/forrest. You can buy it off the farmer or barter, tow it back to your workshop and restore it, then use it for yourself or sell it. Imagine finding an old Bedford truck with a tree growing where the tray was... cutting the tree up in order to get it, of finding an old classic car in the river, and trying to tow it out.

I'd like a family on the farm, and some of them can do some jobs around the place too.... but of course the more kids you have the more it costs, especially when they get older. They can look after the chickens and green house to keep costs down, then sell eggs and veggies in the town.

I want a farm dog that will follow me around, one that jumps on the back of the ute or sits beside me in the tractor. :lol:

And lastly, maybe a tractor pulling track, where the tractors are put in different horse power categories... you then adjust weights, air pressure etc to see how far you can pull the sleds. Can you imagine finding an old Ford tractor in the paddock and sticking a V8 in it to compete! :lol:

Like I said, we have all the stuff already to make serious money, we need the fun factor as well.
You mentioned working on tractors ect, if they have the pick up with hand feature in fs19, how about actually fixing your tractors and equipment, you know? Like you do your maintenance on them, tire pressure, checking/changing fluids, i would say tire wear? But that wont be possible on console, if it is, then you can have Trelleborg as an in game store brand, buy a tire, get a fork lift, maybe put the tire on a pallet? Take it to your shop, drive close to the tractor, it'll appear on the rim as flat, you put in the desired tire pressure, be on your way, i want ways to spend money, and then turn around to make it back, you know how people say with mods on console keeps the game fresh, this will make it fresher. Now, do you guys think this is cool, or is this a stupid idea?
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

yeah to an extent it would be pretty cool. Im not sure how in depth they could go with it as it could get pretty time consuming. But adding a more in depth vehicle maintenance system would be great. Instead of daily upkeep going up, they could do things with the performance of the machine. Say every 10 machine hours ors so you need to change oil, air filters, and fuel filters otherwise your tractor starts to loose power - real thing, filters start plugging, not enough fuel, tractor won't work as hard to pull the load. Same thing with the tires and tracks, they start out at 100% and you loose 1% tread per operating hour, the less tread you have should have a noticable effect on traction. So then when you need tracks for your tractor, you can either pay the $20,000 is costs for new set of tracks for an MT800 or trade it in for a new machine. I also think breakdowns should be added in. If you have been running your machine since day one and it has 100 game hours on it, it should be breaking down quite frequently, on the other hand if you trade your machine in every 5 season, you should have very little breakdowns. Threshing ability on the harvester could be something they could add, you loose 1% every operating hour and when you get down below 25% your machine will have to slow down to keep from getting white caps in the tank due to worn threshing components. Maybe something with the chopper knives too, you have to change chopper knives every 10 hrs otherwise it will start plugging and leaving small piles in the field? A lot of opportunities.