Farmer2B

Re: Ideas for FS19

Post by Farmer2B »

great thread.
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

Nope.

I don't want an RPG and all the mechanics that entails.

I could see doing something with the animals to make them more interesting, but I've always seen this as more of a heavy equipment simulator, and not really an animal husbandry simulator.

To that end, if Giants was going to add new features, I'd like to see them add things like deformable landscape, larger maps, even things like procedurally generated landscapes, where you can just get in a car, pick a direction, and never run out of new land to explore.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
RaV23

Post by RaV23 »

I would like it to start with zero. To be able to put up barns and other buildings. For example, in Sosnovka I would like to be able to renovate my farm. Paint the buildings in white to look clean etc.
FS 17 Gold Crest Valley 360h/ Sosnovka 300h/ The Valley The Old Farm 440h :mrgreen:
FS 19 Fellsburn 160h / currently The Old Farm Countryside 100h+ / waiting for seasons...
PS4 Player
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

It's already an rpg!?

Just strikes me odd that with a little manipulation of game mechanics you can buy anything you want within a few hours. I do agree that custom options should be better and ground response more realistic
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

A new game engine would be their best move. Maybe they could coordinate with rock* or ubersoft to understand how to provide maps that don't *censored* up all resources (thinking about the console slots system).
My guess is that FS19 will be a combination of FS17 and the most popular mod, as usual.
If you really want a farmer experience leveling system, search for the upcoming farming title, which can't be mentioned in these forums.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
eric21

Post by eric21 »

thumbwiz wrote:A new game engine would be their best move. Maybe they could coordinate with rock* or ubersoft to understand how to provide maps that don't *censored* up all resources (thinking about the console slots system).
My guess is that FS19 will be a combination of FS17 and the most popular mod, as usual.
If you really want a farmer experience leveling system, search for the upcoming farming title, which can't be mentioned in these forums.
Other games have Thier own "slot systems"
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

can you give an example?
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I would like the ability to choose a different save file instead of constantly overwriting the same one. I know this isn't a problem with PC since you can just make a copy, but on console it would be nice. For example, When I start a map, I tend sell everything I don't need, remove trees that are in my way and so on. I'd like to make a save at that point and keep it for restarts of the same map. It would also allow us to save at milestones that we set for ourselves.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

My main focus would be realism. Graphics, vehicle handling, environmental elements, ground response
eric21

Post by eric21 »

thumbwiz wrote:can you give an example?
Back when gta was announced for ps4, there was an article on the Playstation magazine, a interview as such. They mentioned about ai car traffic or generally more that the ps3 couldn't handle. Because the ps3 couldn't handle a lot more. The only way to go around this was to include dlc cars garage only and not spawn as traffic as it would take up a "slot" or memory.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Re: ideas for fs19

Post by Lisertan »

Don't mind me. I'm just posting here to remind myself, I've read it up to this point.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

Also, when buying a field would be nice to be given the option to convert into an animal field. For example field 9 on Westbridge, ideal for cows and if i own 200 cows i wanna see 200 cows lol
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

thumbwiz wrote:can you give an example?
Disney Infinity 3.0 on their map builder.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Kevinw26

Post by Kevinw26 »

I hope they add more players to multiplayer 6 is cool but wish we could do 10 or 12 and course play and follow me mods would be nice to
MarcoFarm

Post by MarcoFarm »

Kevinw26 wrote:I hope they add more players to multiplayer 6 is cool but wish we could do 10 or 12 and course play and follow me mods would be nice to
Yes, more multiplayers! And John deere brand would be must have! ;) About JD brand something was mentioned here: http://www.farmingsimulator19mods.com/
Last edited by MarcoFarm on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.