ideas for fs19

BigC92

Re: ideas for fs19

Post by BigC92 »

leonebianco24 wrote:In FS19 I would like to see the much more detailed means with the possibility of opening and closing doors and windows, and I would also like to see a newer realistic graphic engine (more definite textures); A new physical engine (realistic motor movements).
They improved alot since last game, i wouldnt change anything, but it wouldn't hurt to tweak things a little.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

re the game engine. I presume there's actually a lot that can be modified to the existing engine to make it better without needing to start again from scratch. As far as the way the game looks there's clearly room for people to get a lot out of it. OxygenDavid clearly gets a lot more out of the game engine than anyone else. His maps simply look much better than any other mod map out there, on console anyway.

The lighting engine is pretty good but the game desperately needs a new sky box. Its the same blue sky followed by the same sunset every single day pretty much. Plus they need to kill the fact there's shadows cast on everything even when its rainy and overcast. There's loads of little changes they could implement that would make a big difference over all I think.

Someone earlier suggested a third person mode. I'd definitely support this. I much prefer third person games. A lot of animations would be needed I guess. Little things like having the farmer look behind him when reversing would be good too.

Its all about the little details, for me anyway.
leonebianco24

Post by leonebianco24 »

In FS19 it should be possible for each player to build the farm according to his needs; Build in the true sense of the word, maybe have a variety of offers from various construction companies and choose the best; When you have chosen the one that is casual our workers begin to carry you the building you are required; I would like to see the workman who goes hand in hand with this enthusiast, the workers go ahead with the job.

More equipment Vicon, AGCO, Lely, Kuhn and new Fella brand.
Furthermore, in the hawking industry it is possible to bring their animals to the pasture

New brands:
John Deere
Blackbird
Male Gaspardo
Fella
Stapel
Hudig
Lacotec
Kaweco
Hawe
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Mobias wrote:re the game engine. I presume there's actually a lot that can be modified to the existing engine to make it better without needing to start again from scratch. As far as the way the game looks there's clearly room for people to get a lot out of it. OxygenDavid clearly gets a lot more out of the game engine than anyone else. His maps simply look much better than any other mod map out there, on console anyway.

The lighting engine is pretty good but the game desperately needs a new sky box. Its the same blue sky followed by the same sunset every single day pretty much. Plus they need to kill the fact there's shadows cast on everything even when its rainy and overcast. There's loads of little changes they could implement that would make a big difference over all I think.

Someone earlier suggested a third person mode. I'd definitely support this. I much prefer third person games. A lot of animations would be needed I guess. Little things like having the farmer look behind him when reversing would be good too.

Its all about the little details, for me anyway.
Even the little details is some peoples cup of tea, i love all thing detail, big and small, but i do love animations, i do believe they bring out more realism to the game.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Like we have said, John Deere won't come, unless they get a license, which is highly unlikely.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
leonebianco24

Post by leonebianco24 »

I'd like see that.....
Edit by Guil. Please read the rules and if you don't understand the problem then send me a pm.
dirtfarmer81

Post by dirtfarmer81 »

One thing I would like is if there was an option for the roller so that you could build concrete slabs to put building on looks funny when the shop floor is made of grass or dirt
Beez

Post by Beez »

I don't know if anyone suggested this, but, would be nice to make some sort of irrigation system. Something to dig and place some hoses or even the big water machinery to water the fields.
Get plowed by a pro. Sleep with a farmer!
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Beez wrote:I don't know if anyone suggested this, but, would be nice to make some sort of irrigation system. Something to dig and place some hoses or even the big water machinery to water the fields.
You just read my mind.
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

Removing those buildings you can buy in the store, but dont have any function in the game..

Also like to see more farm building extionsion, in FS17 its a little limited .

Purchasing Chickens need to come back. Also buying a chickshed for mass production for chicken meat and eggs.

Also like to see in forest areas that the game engine can add new tree samples to the map so new trees will grow instead of planting or buying them self. (ofcourse in a slow rate of time) More realisme.

An easy equipment tool converter, so old FS equipment can be used in newer FS titles.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
Dino9099

Post by Dino9099 »

I agree with removing the buildings that have no function also having seasons would be a big game changer giving you a rush trying to get the crop off before the snow comes. Secondly would love to see some placeable westeel or meridian grain/fertilizer bins and augers to fill them such as sakundiak or meridian. Thirdly would really like to see Versatile tractors and maybe some different harvesters as well. And lastly real fuel usage and the option to have units in litres or bushels.
Mr.Kamikaze

Post by Mr.Kamikaze »

I personally would like to see more things to do with the animals such as letting the animals onto a field to fertilize it. Have rideable animals such as horse's.

The vehicles are very abundant in the past games, but I would like to see more brands of vehicles. For beet harvesting there should be a sugar factory where you could sell them. Have beet pilers as a drivable vehicle. There should be natural disasters added to make the game more realistic. Have impact physics on the crops as well as the vehicles. Have law enforcement option for realistic feeling.

Have pivot irrigation sprinklers in the fields that are automated. Have construction equipment to be able to build your own farm from scratch. More immersive logging. Have mining option for new farming area. Add truck manure spreaders not just tractor pulled ones. Add cow truck trailers. Add livebottom trailers. Have realistic difficulty.

I think that's all I got to say about that.
farmersam177

Post by farmersam177 »

Id like to see in game gps, not just as a mod. That would include auto section control for sprayers and fert spinners, ie it knows where u have sprayed already and shuts of those sections when you overlap. Also a wider range of boom widths on the sprayers so they can fit in with the tramlines put in by the drill, eg 24m boom fits 6m drill at the moment there is a 28m sprayer but no drill is able to put tramlines in at 28m

Id also like to see a differentiation between fertilising a field and pesticide controls, to add to the realism. Maybe continue with the current option of 1 or 3 fertiliser states but give people the option to have fertiliser states and pesticide states. Crops get affected by disease etc so t0-3 spray programs are needed to protect them. This would then affect yield more.

Also have seasons and times of year when things need to be done. Eg planting in spring and autumn, harvest in summer.
leonebianco24

Post by leonebianco24 »

So, Farming Simulator 17 has been out for a good while now, and the modding community is in full swing, testing the limits of what they can get FS17 to do in neat and interesting ways. I'd like to start off by saying I was pleasantly surprised by the features that were included in FS17, primarally because a number of them I had already seen as mods available for FS15. That said to me that the people over at Giants payed attention to the FS community and took a lot of their ideas from there. And because Giants has demostrated that they are open to player feedback, I thought I would offer up my ideas and opinions.

Now, this isn't me trying to tell the developers that they should do things a certain way, or that I think I know better than them. Far from it, I just want to put forth some ideas and give Giants a bit of feedback. And do feel free to reply with your own ideas, if you have any.

1. IC Controls.
One thing that a lot of modded vehicles like to do, which has been lacking with vehicles in the vanilla game is In-Cab or In-Character controls. While personally I don't use them very often when they are available, they do add to the realism and immersion of the game. And this being a Simulation game (Simulator is in the title, after all), anything that adds to the realism is generally a good thing. However, I understand that IC controls may not always be easy to use for everyone, especially those playing on consoles or with a controller. For that reason, I don't feel they should be required for anything vital. Things like opening doors or hoods, or tilting the steering wheel serve no practical function to the gameplay, but do add to the realism. Like with most of the mods that include IC controls, these little extras can be thrown in as a 'treat' for those players looking for that extra bit of immersion.
2. Seasons.
While there is a mod that attempts to add changing seasons to the game, it seems extremely lacking and rather poorly implamented. I don't mean that as an insult to the mod maker, but rather to point out that FS17 doesn't have any suitable way to express the passage of time beyond simple day and night cycles. The changing weather is nice, but often very random and (aside from not being able to harvest in the rain) gives no real effect to gameplay. Idealy, after every so many days (which could vary based on difficulty and/or crop growth speed), the weather in the game could start to change it's patterns, affecting not only visuall elements like weather effects and ground textures, but the speed of crop growth, crop yeilds, and even sale prices (more on that last one down below). This could even effect a player's decissions on which crops to plant, which ones to sale or store, or even to hold off on farming for a season to focus on other tasks like tending animals or logging. For example, wheat may grow faster and produce more in the summer, but sells for more in the fall and winter. In this case, a farmer would have to decide if he wants to sell his harvest now for quick money, or store his wheat till the winter when demand for it will be high. This could also open up the game to additional crop types that grow better in colder or wetter weather. This could also include changes to the weather system, where extremely dry and hot periods could effect the amount a crop produces, simulating difficulties real farmers have to plan for. They could even add new equipment to help players prepare for these events. Irrigation trailers and spraying towers to combat droughts and the like.

Logging: I don't like the idea that you can start cutting down trees in other people's backyard, so to speak. You have to buy a parcel of forest ( on the hills and side of the map) ground and plant trees on it. Buying forest ground is cheaper than farmland, but not suited for other crops. At the beginning of the game you already get a parcel with some trees on it, you’ll have to replant them or buy another parcel. You can’t cut down or plant a tree if the parcel is not yours, but you can plant them anywhere else ( for example on the grass borders)

At the start of the game you should be able to pick a category. For example: if you choose logging you already get a parcel with trees on it. If you choose animals you already get some cows and some basic equipment such as the watercontainer. If you choose farming you get extra farmland. Or, for the die hards, you only get the same equipment/parcels as you do now.

The missions are too lucrative. You should only be able to do the missions with your own equipment. When your harvester is full, you’ll have to call an AI-helper to unload the crop. No time limit. Fixed price per hectare for labour depending on sowing, spraying, plowing, harvesting,… When you have a bigger harvester, it takes less time to complete the mission. Time is money people!

Collecting the gold nuggets and then you get one million euro. Seriously? Maybe a gold coin pops up after plowing a field and then you get 1000 euro for it. 100 coins makes 100000 euro.
Tazman1983

Ideas for FS19

Post by Tazman1983 »

Just had a great conversation with my son. What do people think of some kind of "farmer experience" levelling system? I.e every, lets say, 20 hectares you get 1000xp and every 20lvls you get awarded a new piece of equipment to use. Also have a daily checklist of activities to do per day, specific jobs from manufacturers such as harvest a field to be awarded a new holland sponsership of your farm, that in turn acts similar to placeables where you are granted daily funds to grow your farm. Also instead of just buying animals actually go to market and bid on individual animals based on breed succes rate, age etc