Grass Farm

RebullCowboy

Grass Farm

Post by RebullCowboy »

I know this might sound dumb or boring but it is farming related but why not add a different type of grass farm? Like sod, where it's harvested to be delivered to somebody's home for their lawn? Again, i know this might sound dumb but there's ways it can be useful

1: you can mow it and use the mowed grass to make silage and after that it can be cut up from the ground and stacked into pallets or rolled up and then sell it to the farmers market where you take the other harvested stuff (grain, barely, potatoes, etc) and sell it there for quick money

2: you can also use the harvested grass to make another grass field by using automatic grass installer where it unstacks the pallets or rolls out the grass instead of going through the whole process of plowing, cultivating, seeding, and waiting for it to grow back, especially if you have livestock and need the silage, plus you can use a hired worker to lay it out with a machine or have the option to hire workers and it shows a few workers laying it out but that probably be more work than needed

3: it can add more machines into the game, forklifts, trucks, trailers, tractors, wrappers, attatchments and possibly more ideas for mods and even though it is more work it does add something new to the game while still being the purpose of the game

4: you can set up your own market where you can receive a message asking for a delivery to homes, stores, or sport fields at random times or have a phone like device with an option to see what job is available like how they have it now when you go to the fields and they ask you about harvesting them or something, i never really read them but it can bring an opportunity to have larger maps to add a community like with a school, houses, sport centers, etc.

I know it's not a very interesting idea but there could be so ways it can be useful that i probability didn't catch, this was just an idea I've been thinking about for awhile especially since I've been around this kind of stuff pretty much the majority of my life
eric21

Re: Grass Farm

Post by eric21 »

Any macchines that do this?
RebullCowboy

Post by RebullCowboy »

I'm new to this and just learned how to properly reply, this is a rejected post that i can't delete for some unknown reason
Last edited by RebullCowboy on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Ooooohhhh, so what your saying is, making sod. Sod to put in lawns and such, instead of growing it. I see what you mean by this, I would actually like to do this. :mrgreen:

I have actually used a sodder machine (it was for school) and it was pretty cool! Just a motored push machine.

Edit: Just read your post at the top, and you said sod, never mind... :lol:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
RebullCowboy

Post by RebullCowboy »

eric21 wrote:Any macchines that do this?
Yes, there's actual tractors that do this and there's some that are removable from regular tractors like this

http://www.kesmac.com/files/500x300_pro ... ain(1).jpg

I know this is pretty big but they're smaller versions of it like this but this one works a bit differently

https://www.brouwerturf.com/img/cache/5 ... ctmain.jpg

But you can also find videos of them in full operation on youtube to get a better idea on how they work
RebullCowboy

Post by RebullCowboy »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Ooooohhhh, so what your saying is, making sod. Sod to put in lawns and such, instead of growing it. I see what you mean by this, I would actually like to do this. :mrgreen:

I have actually used a sodder machine (it was for school) and it was pretty cool! Just a motored push machine.

Yeah because it's something i grew up around, especially since my dad owns a trucking company that hauls sod so it be kinda nostalgic for me but also might be a good addition to the game, i mean they got logging so why not sod harvesting?
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

RebullCowboy wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:Ooooohhhh, so what your saying is, making sod. Sod to put in lawns and such, instead of growing it. I see what you mean by this, I would actually like to do this. :mrgreen:

Yeah because it's something i grew up around, especially since my dad owns a trucking company that hauls sod so it be kinda nostalgic for me but also might be a good addition to the game, i mean they got logging so why not sod harvesting?
Awesome! :mrgreen: I would love to see one of those someday. :mrgreen: How much do people like that get paid to do sod harvesting?

About your post, after someone has already replied after you, you can't delete it sadly. You can delete your post, IF nobody replies after you. I hope that makes sense. :smileynew:
Last edited by JohnDeere318 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
RebullCowboy

Post by RebullCowboy »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
RebullCowboy wrote:

Awesome! :mrgreen: I would love to see one of those someday. :mrgreen: How much do people like that get paid to do sod harvesting?
I never asked but it should be minimum wage i think