GIANTS should redo....

koalateafarming

GIANTS should redo....

Post by koalateafarming »

Construction Simulator was another great game from overseas. I really wish Giants had developed it, as I feel they would have done a far better job overall with functionality and in-depth detail of controls of equipment and how they perform. There was just something about CS15 that made it super arcade and not as enjoyable as I feel it could be. How does everyone else feel about that?
AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz
Gigabyte GA-78LMT
16GB PNY ANARCHY DDR3 2333MHz RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB by EVGA
Logitech G910, G933, G502
Razer Firefly
Windows 10 Home
Preble 818

Re: GIANTS should redo....

Post by Preble 818 »

koalateafarming wrote:Construction Simulator was another great game from overseas. I really wish Giants had developed it, as I feel they would have done a far better job overall with functionality and in-depth detail of controls of equipment and how they perform. There was just something about CS15 that made it super arcade and not as enjoyable as I feel it could be. How does everyone else feel about that?
I never played that one but my honest opinion is one game on a 2 year release cycle is pushing it for a studio. As it is we're getting a re skin with some features added in here and there. Don't get me wrong I enjoy this game immensely but would love to see a longer release cycle for this one along with developing a release within that cycle vs taking away from it to produce another game. Just my thoughts and that's all they are.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Dnnyklnr

Post by Dnnyklnr »

Does it have to be a full title? I just think Giants should redo the worker feature of farming sim on PC and consoles because the mobile (android and iOS) version of workers seems to be better. Workers on full farming sim can only use certain tools and only in the confines of a field, and even then they're confused by trees, fences and other machinery. Workers on mobile can take a tipper full of grain across the map, sell it and navigate back to the farm without any input, they can also load seeds into seeders, refuel machinery etc. Why are workers on my phone better than workers on my consoles?

Giants? Next update? :biggrin2:
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I remember giants replying to this question a while back but I forget what they said. I'll try and find it.
Fastfiveo2

Post by Fastfiveo2 »

Should be an interesting answer. My answer to that question.......why play the game at all if you're going to hire someone to do it all for you. I feel some aspects should be left up to the player to do. I hire workers when I have more than i can handle at one time such as harvesting 8 fields, cultivating, sewing, mowing, and making trips to the sell point all going on at once. But like I said I do enjoy the part of having to do some other it myself. Keeps me hands on.
Catch me on PS4 AND PC
PSN fastfiveo2 *thumbsup*
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Preble 818 wrote:I remember giants replying to this question a while back but I forget what they said. I'll try and find it.
Couldn't find it sorry.
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

Fastfiveo2 wrote:Should be an interesting answer. My answer to that question.......why play the game at all if you're going to hire someone to do it all for you. I feel some aspects should be left up to the player to do. I hire workers when I have more than i can handle at one time such as harvesting 8 fields, cultivating, sewing, mowing, and making trips to the sell point all going on at once. But like I said I do enjoy the part of having to do some other it myself. Keeps me hands on.
I Hire out lots. If I can hire it, I usually end up doing it (not always but usually). I like being more a managerial position and like that I can tell the boys, or girls now, to get out there and don't screw up. They usually disappoint Lol.
I go back and forth the field all summer and although I still play a farming game in my free time. I don't go back and forth on the game unless I have to or I hit a worker limit. Which hasn't been a problem yet for me on fs17.
And Preble 818 Im curious what Giants said about the AI comparison on the app.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I searched for it but couldn't find it. I remember someone giving a reason. It was a technical limitation of the game I think d/t the maps for the pc/console version being more complicated in nature.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Stegei posted it and I'm almost certain it was in the fs17 thread before the game was released. Basically the maps are much smaller on the handheld versions so it's easy to get the helper to drive from x to y and then back. Add in the much bigger maps as well as placeables and it's a recipe for disaster.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Hey thanks Guil! Thanks what I was thinking of. Was longer ago than I thought :)
Guil

Post by Guil »

An elephant never forgets, thankfully I'm not the size of one anymore *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Haha! Good for you :)
koalateafarming

Post by koalateafarming »

Preble 818 wrote:
koalateafarming wrote:Construction Simulator was another great game from overseas. I really wish Giants had developed it, as I feel they would have done a far better job overall with functionality and in-depth detail of controls of equipment and how they perform. There was just something about CS15 that made it super arcade and not as enjoyable as I feel it could be. How does everyone else feel about that?
I never played that one but my honest opinion is one game on a 2 year release cycle is pushing it for a studio. As it is we're getting a re skin with some features added in here and there. Don't get me wrong I enjoy this game immensely but would love to see a longer release cycle for this one along with developing a release within that cycle vs taking away from it to produce another game. Just my thoughts and that's all they are.
Unfortunately, I have only been playing FS since 15 was released. I believe I found CS15 before FS15. Either way, Giants could have developed that game far better. I mean look at FS17 (heck even FS15): they are incredibly in-depth simulators and it is incredible. Not like we were actually discussing CS15 anyways lol
AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz
Gigabyte GA-78LMT
16GB PNY ANARCHY DDR3 2333MHz RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB by EVGA
Logitech G910, G933, G502
Razer Firefly
Windows 10 Home