AGCO to buy Lely forage

DeereJason

AGCO to buy Lely forage

Post by DeereJason »

This is interesting since both these brands are new to FS 17...

https://www.lely.com/press/2017/03/13/l ... -business/
eric21

Re: AGCO to buy Lely forage

Post by eric21 »

Agco isnt a brand its a corperation with companies under the agco name
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Interesting for the Fendt brand yes, and partly also for MF.

Sad the Lely brand will disappear out of the forage agricultural business.
PS4 player
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

eric21 wrote:Agco isnt a brand its a corperation with companies under the agco name
I'll start with a massive "eye roll". That's entirely beside the point. If you really want to get technical, I could say they are both. Many parts are branded as "AGCO".

Oh, BTW, you spelled "corporation" wrong.
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

ErwinR55 wrote:Interesting for the Fendt brand yes, and partly also for MF.

Not necessarily, Lela is a strong brand and well placed in the agricultural world. Corporations like to keep brands as intact as possible,because nobody' buy AGCO but everyone would by a Fend, aLely or an Massey Ferguson.
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Paeppchen wrote:
ErwinR55 wrote:Interesting for the Fendt brand yes, and partly also for MF.

Not necessarily, Lela is a strong brand and well placed in the agricultural world. Corporations like to keep brands as intact as possible,because nobody' buy AGCO but everyone would by a Fend, aLely or an Massey Ferguson.
Kind regards
Rolf
While the Lely brand is strong, it is not being purchased entirely, just this division of the company. Since the Lely brand will remain in the dairy sector, the products that have been sold will likely be assumed under another brand or brands.
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

DeereJason wrote:
eric21 wrote:Agco isnt a brand its a corperation with companies under the agco name
I'll start with a massive "eye roll". That's entirely beside the point. If you really want to get technical, I could say they are both. Many parts are branded as "AGCO".

He also failed to realize that the corporation actually did sell "AGCO" branded tractors.....we have 2 of those Allis Orange tractors. Not to mention Gleaner is still kicking, so that's half of the corporation's namesake.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

PaulDuPouy wrote:
DeereJason wrote:

He also failed to realize that the corporation actually did sell "AGCO" branded tractors.....we have 2 of those Allis Orange tractors. Not to mention Gleaner is still kicking, so that's half of the corporation's namesake.
I'm not going to get into semantics and technicalities. It just irritates me when I post some simple information that is relevant to the most recent version of the game and someone makes a stink about one small, irrelevant detail.
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

That is just Eric's MO, take it with a grain of salt.
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

DeereJason wrote:I'm not going to get into semantics and technicalities. It just irritates me when I post some simple information that is relevant to the most recent version of the game and someone makes a stink about one small, irrelevant detail.
Interesting to say the least but I don't see it being all that relevant at all. FS17 isn't going to change as the buy out on completes in 2018. Then for the next iteration of the game we will likely see a lot of the same equipment as it is new, just under a different brand. Then if AGCO brands a lot of the stuff under Massey Ferguson a lot of the equipment would still be red.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

jenna_q wrote:
DeereJason wrote:I'm not going to get into semantics and technicalities. It just irritates me when I post some simple information that is relevant to the most recent version of the game and someone makes a stink about one small, irrelevant detail.
Interesting to say the least but I don't see it being all that relevant at all. FS17 isn't going to change as the buy out on completes in 2018. Then for the next iteration of the game we will likely see a lot of the same equipment as it is new, just under a different brand. Then if AGCO brands a lot of the stuff under Massey Ferguson a lot of the equipment would still be red.
I guess by "relevant" I was sort of referring that Lely and AGCO products are new to the game this year. Maybe it's more coincidental than anything.

You are right...nothing new is going to happen immediately. Although, I'm assuming some guys will put out new mods of Lely equipment with Massey or Fendt skins. I doubt Giants would support them though.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

I've already seen a poor Fendt transformation of the Lely Tigo on some mod website, just a week before this announcement was made. Dunno how long it was already on the mod site though. Must have been somebody who has seen the future already :).

Anyway, as far as I am aware only the Lely Tigo from the current models in Farming Simulator would get to be rebranded into Fendt exclusive for the future.
The Lely Splendimo triplo mower, Lely Lotus tedder and Lely Hibiscus rake will probably not see daylight under the AGCO flag, as they already have these machines in their assortment via the Fella brand (and derived from that Fendt and MF). So I guess these will also be taken out of FS19.
PS4 player
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

ErwinR55 wrote:I've already seen a poor Fendt transformation of the Lely Tigo on some mod website, just a week before this announcement was made. Dunno how long it was already on the mod site though. Must have been somebody who has seen the future already :).

Anyway, as far as I am aware only the Lely Tigo from the current models in Farming Simulator would get to be rebranded into Fendt exclusive for the future.
The Lely Splendimo triplo mower, Lely Lotus tedder and Lely Hibiscus rake will probably not see daylight under the AGCO flag, as they already have these machines in their assortment via the Fella brand (and derived from that Fendt and MF). So I guess these will also be taken out of FS19.
I don't see AGCO purchasing the brand just to completely vanish most of what they bought, it just doesn't make sense. I am more to believe that they will likely keep everything, and sell it under new brands for brand recognition or there may be some redesign of current equipment.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

I'd be more surprised if they didn't keep the Lely brand around.....granted they did kill off Heston awhile back in favor of MF.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

The Lely brand name will vanish from all products in the forage, that is one thing that will be for sure. If there is one thing they could continue on as a well known brand name, it is the Welger brand, that now has been used by Lely as a product name. Not sure if those brandname rights are also in the deal :). But AGCO is allowed to use the LELY brandname till atleast somewhere in 2019.

Also most (but I think all) machines made in the Netherlands will vanish. I just wonder how they will treat the cooperation with Vermeer. Vermeer currently builds all own mowers with a Lely mowerbed and have complete mowers, tedders, balers and wrappers from Lely. AGCO might have taken a strategy that they will not deliver anymore to Vermeer, taking 2 opponents out of the market at the same time :(. Just wonder how it goes with the co-development products (continues baler) if AGCO will get exclusive rights for them also, or if Vermeer still has a say in it somehow. Time will tell.... :)
PS4 player