AGCO to buy Lely forage

ErwinR55

Re: AGCO to buy Lely forage

Post by ErwinR55 »

The Lely Welger and Lely Tigo in Fendt colors revealed :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ17RaIJZIc

https://agritechnica.fendt.com/en/
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Erwin, aren't you working in Lely? :hmm:
PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

For 3 more weeks, then I am fired indeed :)
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I don't think they'll just fire everybody and replace them :mrgreen: Why did you say so?
PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

AGCO just bought Lely for the Welger and Tigo factories in Germany. They are completely taken over incl people per okt 1st. Same goes for all the sales/service organisations worldwide.

They also bought the forage equipment made in the Netherlands, but the production will seize there april 1st. If they continue building Lely machines in the Fella factory, that is on AGCO to decide.
All non essential personel to manufacture the machines till april 1st were not taken over by AGCO, but remained working for Lely.
But Lely had to downsize alot in amount of people with the left over dairy business, so not everybody could stay (being fired with a good social plan, I am one of them), or wanted to stay (many colleagues left on there own even when they were told they could stay).
All essential personel to manufacture till april 1st are temporary in service with AGCO, then after that they are taken back by Lely to continue working there, or being fired the same way as I was. Must note that in the factory itself many people worked on temporary contracts, those will just not be continued.

All in all I have to say Lely did a very good job in getting the people who are fired the help for getting a new job and a nice compensation so they can continue their future somewhere else.
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Wow... That is just sad I guess :sadnew:

But it is good to hear that you got a good social plan.

And hope you would find a better job in no time :hi:
PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Already have a new job starting okt 1st, dunno if it is better, have to see that first haha.

Going to work at the factory of Zocon, the make tipper trailers, street brushes, weeders, food pushers etc. More simple machinery than Lely had :P
But nice small company. Gonna be responsible for production parts purchasing, service, assembly streets enhancements and parts magazine.
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Just visited their website. They look like decent small company. Products seem well built. I hope you would enjoy your time there as you did in Lely (if I my memory serves well) :hi:
PS5 / FS22