Workers

Erica Von

Workers

Post by Erica Von »

We hire workers that have all the proper documentation, no more undocumented workers on our farm and we like everyone that farms around here paid a very heavy price for using undocumented workers. We hire homeless from big cities. We had to let go 5 last week cause they just didn't work out farming is hard work and city folk just dont' seem to understand how hard it can be and what is expected. We give them a 90 day probation and they are pre-screened by local and Federal Government for us so we are workers that want to relocate and have all the proper docs so we have no more issues with ICE.
mdoss

Re: Workers

Post by mdoss »

That's good that you're helping people out! I live near a big city, and there are so many pandhandlers and "homeless" people with their hand out, sometimes it's hard to tell who is really needy and who is just scamming everyone...

One time a "homeless" man was holding a sign that said "Will work For Food!". A friend of mine was actually in the process of moving into a new home and could use an extra hand... So he went up to the "homeless" man and asked if he would be willing to come help him move... He offered to pay him $20/hour... The "homeless" man laughed at him and said, "I can make double that just sitting here on my ass. No thanks."

It's good that you are giving people a chance that are actually willing/able to contribute to society...
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Erica Von

Re: Workers

Post by Erica Von »

Chipping our workers,
My husband wants to chip our workers so he can tell where everyone is during the work day.
Though he is running into some legal issues with that idea.