Depreciation of equipment

Jonathan Rabbitt

Depreciation of equipment

Post by Jonathan Rabbitt »

I just returned a Grimme Techtron 415 potato harvester, with 2 days of ownership and 7 hours on the clock. I delivered it back to the store to maximize my price, but still only got 299k for it. That's a big hit, and confirms my hunch that it is better to hang on to equipment no matter how old or how many hours it accumulates, because the depreciation costs for buying a new one just blow any escalating daily costs out of the water. Hence, I still have my original Lamborghini I've had for 32 game days and showing 160+ hours on the clock.
Paeppchen

Re: Depreciation of equipment

Post by Paeppchen »

You know that as soon as you sign a contract for a brand new vehicle you loose between 15 and25% only for signing without getting the keys, having it even seen or touched and certainly not driven
I never bought a new vehicle always used and I lost little for the use in real life. Giants Must have taken that in consideration as they made the prices. Unfortunately there is no other dealer on the maps possible. Maybe it could be done as mod, but I'm not sure
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

It would be neat if they offered used equipment at a price point difference but having higher maintenance costs. However we have the leading system, so I guess that is a plus.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

I had that Case 1660 had 41 hrs on it my Maint was 2260 a day. So I sold it with headers down at the store bought a MF Activa with a 25 ft corn header. Maint on that was 860 a day.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Paeppchen has a point, would i love to have a new vehicle sitting in my driveway? Absolutely, but let me tell you, with all the problems they have and the insurance, and leasing, im thinking twice, sure there great looking so on so forth, but we got our 97 expedition for 14k, if it was brand new, it'll be a bit over 32k, it had 120k on the speedometer, the only thing wrong with it, was the alternator was bad, so dad bought a new one, take out the bolts, put new one on, done, now it has 187k on the speedometer and still running strong, with all the hell we put it through, tough ol suv.
ouhaha

Post by ouhaha »

I noticed these effects on sell-price:
- if it's cleaned, you get more money when selling
- if you sell it at the shop, you get more
- if you 'repair' it (see the mod section) you get back a higher value

In ideal condition, you get about 80% back IIRC

Note: most of the time, repair cost is lower than the extra money you get when selling, especially for heavily used equipment (i.e. the 'start of game' combine or tractors).
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

No kidding? If you clean it you get more? I like that!
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Yeah no kidding! I didn't know that when you clean the equipment, you get more for it. :shock:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
novass

Post by novass »

yep cleaning and selling it a the dealer shop..you get more.Though I don't do buy/sell very much cause I wouldn't buy it if I didn't want/need it.inbreal life depreciation isn't that much and nether is maintance fees..to high...oh well..have a great day all....Chris