..New and oh yea, New

TaraNicole

..New and oh yea, New

Post by TaraNicole »

Hey everybody I just want to introduce myself. I'm Tara Nicole, I'm a lady farmer from Kentucky. We grow tobacco here and its one of our biggest cash crops but I'm not sure if that remains the truth. Seeing as I am new to Farming simulator, I'm even more so to the mods :o: I just learned what they are about a month ago :o: I am in awe of the talent going on here! I keep looking thinking maybe I will run across a map and it will have growing and harvesting tobacco as a crop option. I don't know if it's too controversial or if anybody's down for that but an interesting idea regardless! I apologize for any intrusion I made but it's rude to go to A stranger's home and not introduce yourself, right? Have a good day y'all
mountaincowboy

Re: ..New and oh yea, New

Post by mountaincowboy »

Welcome Tara we are happy to have you. Tobacco is a crop that you might find on a specially modded map with updated crop types. Feel free to ask anything, if you have a question that you think might be a common question I suggest the search menu, for some reason this forum gets a little heated over certain questions. There are a few members that are always helpful and loyal but there are also those that just like to argue, don't get discouraged if you come across one of them. Have a great day!
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Welcome to Farm Sim and all it's wonderful modabililty! Like MC said ask away with any questions. I haven't run across tobacco as a modded crop type but it sure wouldn't surprise me if someone hasn't done it or won't do it if they think about it. Lots of great places to get mods and some not so legit so take care like always when downloading.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

I think tobacco would be a cool crop addition to Farm Sim... Or even better, tobacco's more mellow cousin of the Colorado/California style.. :mrgreen:

Anyway, welcome to the forums...
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

mdoss wrote:I think tobacco would be a cool crop addition to Farm Sim... Or even better, tobacco's more mellow cousin of the Colorado/California style.. :mrgreen:

Lol, we all know what you mean, you aint foolin anyone, i dont smoke either or, never had the intention to, but i do support it for medical purposes.
Bradleyson

Post by Bradleyson »

mdoss wrote:I think tobacco would be a cool crop addition to Farm Sim... Or even better, tobacco's more mellow cousin of the Colorado/California style.. :mrgreen:

Amen to that brother! :lol:

Welcome Tara, nice to have you onboard :smileynew:
Xbox one: bradleyson666
Any questions, ask away.
be polite and respectful.
novass

Post by novass »

Welcome Tara,happy to have ya in FS forums..enjoy...Chris
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

Tobacco has made a disappearing act here in North Carolina. Once the States sued the tobacco companies a lot of growers quit growing it. btw isn't a lot of your tobacco grown in Kentucky used for snuff or chewing tobacco?
Alienware PC.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Welcome Tara, enjoy your stay and if there are any questions: shoot.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Guil

Post by Guil »

Welcome to the forum Tara.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Welcome Tara, I lived in NC for 5 year surrounded by cotton and tobacco farms. I would love to see both in FS.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Growing up in the South USA, there was always someone nearby with some tobacco, either in pipe, cigarette, or the chew kind...

It was often used to treat bee/wasp stings... Put a little wet tobacco on a sting, and the nicotine would act like a local anesthetic and ease the pain.
:)
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
TaraNicole

Post by TaraNicole »

Thanks for the chesire grin I'm wearing fellas! The warm welcome is much appreciated. I catch a bit of static for not wanting to go out bc I'd rather farm so its nice to find that I am not alone! I agree that tobacco, cotton and cannibas would all be great mods. As we all know the profit margin is to the moon with any of them. Tobacco is unfortunately going to lose that status soon, I believe. I also think that cannibas has lived in the shadows far too long and we will all see this wonderful plant come full bloom! It's medicinal properties are just barely scratched. I myself no longer partake but I am 100% pro for this plant in every aspect. So to any modder willing to take it on kudos and I tip my hat to ya! Til next time thanks again
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

TaraNicole wrote:Thanks for the chesire grin I'm wearing fellas! The warm welcome is much appreciated. I catch a bit of static for not wanting to go out bc I'd rather farm so its nice to find that I am not alone! I agree that tobacco, cotton and cannibas would all be great mods. As we all know the profit margin is to the moon with any of them. Tobacco is unfortunately going to lose that status soon, I believe. I also think that cannibas has lived in the shadows far too long and we will all see this wonderful plant come full bloom! It's medicinal properties are just barely scratched. I myself no longer partake but I am 100% pro for this plant in every aspect. So to any modder willing to take it on kudos and I tip my hat to ya! Til next time thanks again
Actually cannibas is already a crop in a couple maps out there, the map I'm currently playing has a bunch of crops including industrial hemp. And I agree with you that it will soon come into a whole new light, I thought for years about getting into farming industrial hemp unfortunately where I live the closest sell points my is two states away.
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Hey Tara :hi: hope you enjoy this game! The community is awesome, if you have any questions, just ask and someone will answer. Have fun farming *thumbsup*
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10