FS-17 on the PS4 Pro

Mobias

FS-17 on the PS4 Pro

Post by Mobias »

So this week I went out and treated myself to a brand new Samsung KS7500 55 inch 4K HDR TV and PS4 Pro. After getting it all set up and working correctly needless to say the first game I booted up was FS-17 in full 4K mode. I have to say my jaw hit the floor, the game is just utterly stunning in 4K. The detailing in everything is just so much more appreciable. One thing I really noticed was how much better all the vehicle texturing looks. Suddenly everything looks much more like its made of shiny metal rather than the matt plastic look I was used to from the standard PS4. The downside of the proper 4K rendering is that it does reduce frame rate noticeably. The fact that FS-17 is one of the very few titles that is in genuine 4K rather than being upscaled from 1080p just goes to show how taxing 4K is on the console.

Anyway I would definitely recommend getting a 4K TV and a Pro for playing FS-17. Good work Giants for doing a really good Pro port of the game.
Rbk_3

Re: FS-17 on the PS4 Pro

Post by Rbk_3 »

I have the KS8000 and play in 4k with my PC. I had the PS4 version and the Pro initially but decided to build a PC for the best experience.
Just image how it looks in 4K running at a solid 60fps, maxed settings and draw distance set to 5x that of the consoles :biggrin2:

The biggest thing that bugged me on PS4 was the draw distance. I was hopping the Pro patch would increase the draw distance by a lot in 1080p mode but it hardly increased at all.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Mobias

Re: FS-17 on the PS4 Pro

Post by Mobias »

Yeah the draw distance is a bit erratic, things pop in when you're almost right next to them sometimes whilst at other times it seems pretty decent.

I presume there was a patch at some point improving the frame rate when running at native 4K on the Pro. I read a lot of stuff about how the frame rate really slowed down on the Pro when playing on the 4K setting so it wasn't to be recommended. Seems perfectly ok to me. A few dips here and there but nothing to make it unplayable.