Big Bud Hype train

canadafarms

Re: Big Bud Hype train

Post by canadafarms »

What you are talking about is the DPF and not DEF. DEF has no effect on power, it's the DPF that constricts the engine and causes power loss. The DEF is still a pain in the butt but it is only an after treatment that is sprayed into the exhaust. Some of the newer systems that run DEF with a SCR but have no DPF are way better. Some will run both depending on the emissions the engine puts out and some manufacturers are running DPF with no DEF, although now that we are getting to the final tier requirements pretty much everything will have DEF.
PS4
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

The DPF is a fine particulate filter for the carbon that is heated up during regen and the bits of carbon is burned off during regen causing a white smoke not black.
Also there is a 5th stroke that squirts some fuel into the exhaust to burn some of the carbon build up too. Now Bio Diesel can't be used in systems like this because that 5th stroke fuel will not vaporize as intended and end up in the crank case diluting the oil. Oh my god girl knows her stuff lol. I do not know everything but I read everything I can lay my little hands on.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Erica Von wrote:The DPF is a fine particulate filter for the carbon that is heated up during regen and the bits of carbon is burned off during regen causing a white smoke not black.
Also there is a 5th stroke that squirts some fuel into the exhaust to burn some of the carbon build up too. Now Bio Diesel can't be used in systems like this because that 5th stroke fuel will not vaporize as intended and end up in the crank case diluting the oil. Oh my god girl knows her stuff lol. I do not know everything but I read everything I can lay my little hands on.
My comment was in regards to cattlemans post, but yes what you say is true, between all the Diesel engines we've got running around, at various tiers of the emissions requirements, I know a fair amount about them..... and how much money they've cost us over the last few years :sadnew: that's why like cattleman said, if you have the option to get rid of it, do it lol. I know that's not an option for you in California if I understand correctly.
Last edited by canadafarms on Sun May 21, 2017 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
PS4
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

yes here in cailfornia if you tamper with emmssion controls its a very long prison sentence and a fine so large you could forfeit all your earnings forever.
That being said, I have heard of some people who remove the DPF, load a different software pack that removes the 5th stroke and re-weld it all to look factory.
why anyone would take the risk is totally beyond me.
Beez

Post by Beez »

Dayum, well this emission thing escalated quickly.
Get plowed by a pro. Sleep with a farmer!
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Beez wrote:Dayum, well this emission thing escalated quickly.
:lol: sorry Beez, really enjoyed the video BTW, keep up the good work *thumbsup*
PS4
Beez

Post by Beez »

No problem man :D it is an off topic section.
Get plowed by a pro. Sleep with a farmer!
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Would love to see a fs17 vid with your take on emissions.... Think that you could make this topic hilarious! And yess love you videos!!!
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Emissions is stupid, the environment is ruined anyways, yall can keep you priuses, ill stick with my V8.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Soooooo sounds like you do not believe in Global warming. Ok never mind that subject is beyond the scope of the site anyway.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Idk what to believe in anymore.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Let's just not go down that route shall we? Let's stick to talking about Beez videos, or something completely different to hijack his thread, that's not a sensitive topic.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

That's why I said Never mind the subject was beyond the scope of this site.