Top gear fans

Jagtractor

Top gear fans

Post by Jagtractor »

Any top gear fans around here. Love the show. And enjoying the new grand tour version of those crazy guys.

One idea I like to do with fs17 is try to somewhat mimic the top gear episode where the guys each pick a tractor to plant some canola for future bio fuel hopes
Clarkson had the JCB 8250. Now seeing as that version isn't in the game I picked the JCB 8280 to use instead.
May had the Fendt 930. Yahoo this one is in the game. So this worked out nicely
And Hammond had the quadtrac 530. This one's not in the game but the quadtrac 540 is good enough.
These are my three that I use for my top gear version play file
May was seeding with what looked like a vaderstad seeder. But it looked like a 8m seeder so I used the Horsch 8m seeder to replicate this best.
And Clarkson was pulling a bimbo? Cultivator. Pretty sure this was a 6m cultivator and the Vogel 6m cultivator looks exactly like the one he was using.
I haven't decided what to use the big quadtrac for yet cause in that episode Hammond broke a sheer pin on his plow so he just ended up driving his tractor around town. I usually make it do the plowing.
Anyway. It's kinda fun to set the game up like this and it was feels pretty accurate when the hired help starts making mistakes. I can basically say that the top gear guys are screwing everything up. Like they do so well.
The top gear episode was season 9, episode 5. Check it out if you haven't already. Those guys are useless....
Top gear. Ambitious but rubbish.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
BigC92

Re: Top gear fans

Post by BigC92 »

Them guys are funny, i like them.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I have been a top gear fan since the dawn of time, and it was completely BRILLIANT...and yet... TGT I find awful.. sadly they have been left to their own devices to create their own content and quite often its dragged out to long, completely ridiculous or just plain terrible. Goes to show you throwing all kinds of money at something does not indeed make it better. They need to drop that American they have driving...what a pantload he is... they need to get rid of the overly long banter and the celebrity nonsense unless they are going to let them drive like before.... my two cents

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

I don't agree with everything said about The Grand Tour. I though that James May's "Ferrari vs. Ford" bit in TGT season one to be one of the most interesting and well put together stories in all of TG/TGT history. I do agree that the celebrity thing gets old.
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
rklinefan

Post by rklinefan »

Lmao ambitious but rubbish. I like it. I like their sense of humor. Sometimes it's that dry delivery that gets me.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I love that show! They really are horrible at agreeing on anything, but it is hilarious to watch :lol: :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
ouhaha

Post by ouhaha »

TG was fantastic. Those pictures is slow-motion, wow. I enjoined most of the episodes, for so many years. It wasn't scientifically accurate, but had some content.

TGT is "overdone". They overdo their characters. STIG is replaced by a not-so-funny american. I gave it multiple chances, but... Conversation thing is ridiculous. The celebrities that "die" all the time: it's not even fun anymore. OMG no.

A replay of the "LaFerrari vs. Porsche 918 vs. MacLaren P1"... why? And then play on stupid characteristics to block one out. To end-up with "bet a house, loose and destroy a fake one"? OMG no...

The car out of bones, clay or wood... with a Range chassis under... OMG no.

Their home-track is... too short, too bumpy.

The GT trip in Italy: too much Hammond redoing the same thing "big engine, big noise".

Basically : it's wild, loose, childish [even if they grow older].

I was hoping, with so much time to prepare, announce and tease, with newer insights and more freedom, to see a waay better show.

As much as Jeremy liked to bash the BBC, the BBC actually forced some sense and reasonable content into the show [eco-friendly, car safety, ...].

And yes, the 3 still have some good-play together, fine that they unite the complete team.