Animal farming

ErwinR55

Re: Animal farming

Post by ErwinR55 »

RODHA wrote:What??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is f*** brilliant. I'm losing my marbels right now
I need to go home an try this ASAP. You are a genius Guil :hi:
I just did it, well, actually not completely.
Lined up 6 Bromars, with the first one not unfolding above the pit yet,
Then hauled with a 7th Bromar Canola from the farm, it filled the first Bromar by dumping in the 6th.
Then I hauled another one, but somehow it did not fill the 2nd Bromar, but that one also kept dumping into the full 1st one I thought, vanishing my crop :shock: .
Turned out, somehow it was a bit in range of the selling pit, so it dumped selling instead :P.
Anyway, folded the second Bromar so it wouldn't happen again, hauled another wagon, then another and by this time already got bored, so quitted again
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ErwinR55 wrote:I just did it, well, actually not completely.
And in which map did you do that? I haven't tried using Bromar in Lawfolds yet. And I'm really skeptical about it can be hauled around in Lawfolds :hmm:
PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Well, Masterplan drags it around to his pigs, so don't be so sceptical. But I do not know, have never played the map.

I did this on Chellington, as I have 1M storage there, and it happened that I had Canola full to 1M, so I thought to give it a try.
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Well, in Lawfolds you can drive up and down from some fields to the pigs through the fields. And if you don't use crop destruction, no problem. But I can't really see a way of hauling these things on the roads to the sell points. Anyways. I'll try it at some point. May be not that many but with 2 or 3.
PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Well, Higlands and ANM work okay, only problem is getting the pipe above the selling pit, but you can use a Holmer grain cart setup for that for easy reach.

Aberdeen is not accessible with the Bromar, too tight. It works for 1 or 2 to get in, but only when empty :P, and after ALOT of bumping into the tight corners of the gate. The front gate won't even open when the tractor is halfway in front of it, very annoying.
PS4 player
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Well I oprate Bromars mainly in the big middle field 21-25 using the trick that it can be behind the fence to still be filled by another auger from the road, so in that case it's range extends also to fields 11-15 & 18-20. It's quite easy to drive to pigs as well as fields 2-3.
I haven't tried driving it to the sell points, but I think the only way would be around cows to the most left/west road left of field 6.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ErwinR55 wrote:Well, Higlands and ANM work okay, only problem is getting the pipe above the selling pit, but you can use a Holmer grain cart setup for that for easy reach.
masterplan wrote:I haven't tried driving it to the sell points, but I think the only way would be around cows to the most left/west road left of field 6.
I've tired a Bormar last night. Actually I'm surprised how easly it can be manoeuvred around when it is empty. Even a T9 is enough. When it is empty you can drive it around the entire main farm area.

But when it is full, boy that is a completely a different story. Driving characteristics change a lot. You need at the very least a QT. But a single wheel BB747 is much better. You need something that can over power the weight of a full Bromar. When you do that the back road around F6 which masterplan mentioned is the only way to get on the roads. Then you can reach both ANM and Highlands as Erwin said without any serious problems.

The thing is... Is it worthed for all the struggle? I mean you can sell 185k with Bromar while you can also sell 140k with 2 BsM trailers. And those can even fit in Aberdeen grains.
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Nah, Big Bada is not necessary, QT is pretty sufficient. But you of course have to drive carefully.

Of course it's not worth it. It's much better and easier to feed everything to pigs, I tell you all the time. ;-)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Okay, okay... I told you. I won't sell my pigs. It is now up to them to increase their numbers from 100 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote:Okay, okay... I told you. I won't sell my pigs. It is now up to them to increase their numbers from 100 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Good for you! *thumbsup* What's the target? I hope at least 10 000. ;-) :-D
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

No target, as long as I play on Lawfolds they can reproduce. I might even throw your record off the window :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And eventually at some point I'll need your help for feeding them. That's the way I'm planning to give up on Lawfolds. When it becomes impossible to feed the pigs :mrgreen: :mrgreen: How is that for a challenge?
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Haha wanna race? :-D I'm at 17 700 currently and I haven't played for almost 2 weeks. :-D

I did some calculation and I think you saw them and it should be pretty easy to feed 15 000 pigs on Lawfolds with my playstyle, which means slow plant growth and seeding in the next phase. You might dare trying to seed in the same phase, although you'd be very much on the clock, couldn't afford to skip even a minute and you'd have to hope it won't be raining. :-)
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Ok you two are scaring me, yall having a pig food throwdown?
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

BigC92 wrote:Ok you two are scaring me, yall having a pig food throwdown?
I've got 260+ ha of land. What am I supposed to do with all the crops? :-D
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BigC92 wrote:Ok you two are scaring me, yall having a pig food throwdown?
He is just a rich farmer and doesn't want to earn more. Instead he feeds pigs. 17700 of them to be exact. Reproduction rate is 0 and even the spilled food on their feed trough is over 140.000 liters at %40.

I'm pretty sure even Giants haven't tried that much animals in their tests.
PS5 / FS22