Spintires

Dogface

Re: Spintires

Post by Dogface »

The "Challenges" are just tutorials with objectives to keep peoples interest. I think the "drive from cab" is a secondary objective. The main game is sort of a sandbox, with transporting logs from one end of the map to the other as the objective. But you have to figure out the best way.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Guil wrote:I get up for work at 4am so I'll get up a little earlier if you want lol or I'll be up early on Saturday too?
I picked it up on a whim after watching some incredibly challenging videos.... see you out in the mud sometime !

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Guil

Post by Guil »

Mrsealyp has 2 videos up at the moment
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I have watched them both... this one is the one that sold me...just skip to 12:40 and watch the disaster unfold....

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Spintires is one of those games that I play for a couple days for something different and then go back to something else. Although, I'll probably be playing this one until I have all the maps beat, then go back to FS. It is repetitive and there are not much difference in maps and vehicles. But, it always feels "fresh" when you come back to it and the challenges are still there.

I would agree on the in cab view. It is a welcomed addition, but without mirrors it's kind of useless. The camera has always been a pain and I wish they had included just a regular 3rd person camera in addition to the included ones. Of course with a 3rd person view, you wouldn't see as much "mud slinging" so it might not be as satisfying. Overall, I'm very happy it came to console and the new version is far and away better than the previous. It's actually a lot more challenging now too. The mud is thicker, the bogs are... boggier, the water sweeps you away. I hope they continue to develop the concept.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
markare

Post by markare »

Pocked it up today and just grind it for over 5 hours on multiplayer. Amazing how q game with so little to do actually keeps you busy. Camera controls are a bit of an annoyance but I decided to do everything from in cab view. The depth perception is misleading. You look like you are about to hit something. Leave cab view and there is still plenty of room. One thing that needs to work is the wipers though wet windows are murder to see through
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
markare

Post by markare »

OK 14 hours played now. Seriously need to think about putting my controller down.
Xb1
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

This game managed to steal some of my precious time that I always spend on FS17.
For those who know me will understand that this is something.
An addictive game FOCUS. Keep up the good work :hi:
PS5 / FS22
EnglishGent

Post by EnglishGent »

I've played the original version a lot and now I'm getting into this version too. It's funny looking at the maps I've unlocked as they're the same as before and yet some of the roads have moved about a bit. I did get myself into a pickle with a medium load on a ural whilst attempting a shortcut. I couldn't winch forward and another ural got bogged down trying to pull me forward. In the end I had to drive a kirovet tractor halfway across the map to rescue the logging truck. It would've been quicker to reverse and go round, but where's the fun in that?
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

I pre ordered it and use it every day . At least I have something to play on when fs17 is down on MODS . The physics are sick and the environment looks so real.
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

EnglishGent wrote:I've played the original version a lot and now I'm getting into this version too. It's funny looking at the maps I've unlocked as they're the same as before and yet some of the roads have moved about a bit. I did get myself into a pickle with a medium load on a ural whilst attempting a shortcut. I couldn't winch forward and another ural got bogged down trying to pull me forward. In the end I had to drive a kirovet tractor halfway across the map to rescue the logging truck. It would've been quicker to reverse and go round, but where's the fun in that?
You have to challenge yourself in those situations, do what you think is right.
markare

Post by markare »

Anyone that plays it figured out the deluge map yet?? I've lost a load of trucks and equipment in the currents :(
Xb1
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

markare wrote:Anyone that plays it figured out the deluge map yet?? I've lost a load of trucks and equipment in the currents :(
Well from the videos I've watched, take the shallow water crossings, because the more you have the water pushing your body the more chance you vehicle will tip over, or just use the 8x8 and tow it across.
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

On seashore , i have restarted many times due to the little car being tipped over in the currents . But i have nearly completed it . ON island , all i had to do was to deliver 4 loads of long lods to the lumber mills . Btw , have any of you used the crane to load up your logs ? It is really easy , easier than fs17 .
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
markare

Post by markare »

Not tried the manual loading stuff yet. Might give it a go tonight. Hardcore mode looks like it could be interesting. Xbox multiplayer if anyone is up for it around 10pm UK time. If interested send me a pm will give my gamer tag.
Xb1