Anybody else see it?

STL

Re: Anybody else see it?

Post by STL »

I've got to hear this. How do you figure Sony could force Giants not to allow scripts on xbox, if Microsoft approves it for Giants?
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Get on the bandwagon list and follow them into battle
That would be great, however, I don't know if it will happen anytime soon. I play a pretty wide range of games, and it seems that many developers prefer not to be innovative anymore, and just hash out the same half-baked ideas over and over again every year, with the same thing, just new skins. I hope in the future more developers consider the idea of introducing mods for their games, But i'm not going to count on it.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

STL wrote:I've got to hear this. How do you figure Sony could force Giants not to allow scripts on xbox, if Microsoft approves it for Giants?
Probably saying you can't release the game on PS if mods have scripts, or because both Sony and Microsoft test the mods that are submitted for consoles, rejecting them if they have outside scripts
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
STL

Post by STL »

What RODHA had said was. Sony would force Giants not to release mods with scripts on xbox one, even if Microsoft gave Giants permission to release mods with scripts. That is what I was asking about. I know that as of right now neither Sony or Microsoft allow it, but thanks anyhow for your reply.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Guess I'm misread what ROHDA said sorry
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I'm not saying Sony has power to meddle in the business between Giants and MS.
What I'm saying is this:

Let's say MS allows outside scripts on XB1 and Sony doesn't.
That means some people can ditch their PS4 and buy an XB1 right away.
And I'm not talking just about FS17 only. I'm talking about every game.

So, if Sony is commited to "not allowing outside scripts" they would eventually try to force every developer (not just Giants) not to release outside scripts for their games in consoles and they can easly say that they would just remove the game from PS store and stop that developer from earning money through PS4.
That is a powerful way of forcing. Yes, this way also Sony would loose a lot of money but when you think who is bigger then you see it doesn't really matter. As I said, it is just a matter of Sony's commitment about outside scripts.

That is what I'm saying.
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

We want scripts on console of course, so we do our best here.

The problem is, that scripts can have a lot of unwanted functions and there are lots of bad guys in the Internet, therefore MS/Sony are very careful when it comes to such things.

Not gonna lie, I have no clue what happens if XBOX gives full script support at one point and Sony won't (or the other way around). That would be interesting for sure.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Lisertan wrote:We want scripts on console of course, so wo do our best here.

The problem is, that scripts can have a lot of unwanted functions and there are lots of bad guys in the Internet, therefore MS/Sony are very careful when it comes to such things.

Not gonna lie, I have no clue what happens if XBOX gives full script support at one point and Sony won't (or the other way around). That would be interesting for sure.
If Xbox got full blown scripting, Sony should have something just as good, i would say more free space for downloading mods, but a giants rep said it aint possible, but id say have giants convert mods that we want, for instance the Krone Big M and that Amazon Grasshopper from fs13, and more goodies like that, i loving the selection already dont get me wrong, but if Xbox wants full blown scripting, we will get what they want.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Lisertan wrote:Bethesda has the same issue. Skyrim needs mods to stay fresh... and mods can't have scripts. They are in the same boat. Lots of people hope that they have the power to change things as they are a huge company.

Problem is: Microsoft is listening, so it might even work on XBOX at one point, but Sony is not (so far). So yeah if Bethesda can convince them to allow scripts, we would most likely be able to use them as well unless Bethesda manages to get a deal only for them.

I for one am not sure Bethesda has the power to do that, not alone, but if more companies jump on beard, who knows?

There is hope.
I dont think Bethesda has control over the scripting mods, if thats what your saying, But like how Giants got their 4real modules ingame beats me, i think Giants got like a back door situation going for them modules, Sony says No to outside scripting, then next thing you know it, its on the modhub for consoles, theres some sort of a loop hole that Giants found, and they took advantage of it, i think them 4real module were made by outside modders correct? I've never seen or heard of a scripting mod made by Giants. Maybe im reading your post wrong, but thats what i got out of it. I know some things about games but not everything.
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

It's not a loop hole so here is how that worked (it's simple really)

Scripts (and other functions) in general are OK, as they are part of every game in the world. It''s just not OK for usergenerated content (read: mods). 4real is technically not a mod anymore. Some of our devs took the time to transform into .. well basically a DLC (so to speak), so 4real is a part of the game now, that's flagged as mod.

That is possible, but it's a lot of work and nothing that can be done quick, it also needs a lot of work from the modder and the devs, so it won't happen too often, but it might happen every now and then.

I hope that explains it.
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

There has to be something to it... Ik the ground response, and the mud mod, and the tire dirt wasn't in the base game, that's what i dont get, and somehow its available to download on console. Their outside scripting, ive never seen or heard of them, til they came out on console, that's what i dont get. But i do agree mods like that take time, that stuff needs delicate work.
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's simple bigC, the scripts were added to the base game in an update and then the mod available on modhub. Nothing else to it.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

OMG, i heard that they did that, i seen that on FB, it totally slipped my mind, sorry if i made you guys mad of trying to explain stuff too me, thanks Guil i had completely forgot they had that update...
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I think, it is about trust issues.
Sony doesn't want a 3rd party script to stall the cpu or the gpu of a PS4 causing the customer to call their call center for a solution or even return their console for hardware issues although it is simply caused by a broken script.
So, I think Sony and MS only allows the official game developers (like Giants) to integrate scripts into the game. As a base code or an addition. As long as it is developed or tweaked by the developer. Probably Sony leaves the responsibilty of that to the developers. So, Giants should be very careful and the best way of being very careful is to cut 3rd party scripts at the begining. I think this scenario can also explain how 4real modules make their wat to the console. And remember, they didn't come as a mod at the begining, they came with a major update that is released for the game itself.
All those might be completely wrong, but what I can come up with the information I've gathered so far is something like that.
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

BigC92 wrote:OMG, i heard that they did that, i seen that on FB, it totally slipped my mind, sorry if i made you guys mad of trying to explain stuff too me, thanks Guil i had completely forgot they had that update...

That's what we are here for :)
Community Manager