A device to play FS only

RODHA

A device to play FS only

Post by RODHA »

I know this would probably never happen and I know a lot of you will probably tease me :mrgreen:

But just think about it.

A device, more of a console, something like nintendo switch (can even be a FS version of it) that is capable of running FS17 and future versions at 60fps on 1080P resolution, complete support for outside scripting, in short fully developed by Giants in their own terms.

You can use it hooked up to a TV or on the move. No sacrifices no more moaning about not having all the mods, etc...

I know it would be a bit of a challenge to put that much CPU ve GPU power (with regard to future FS games) into something mobile and even if it is done it would probably quite expensive.

Still, if it is possible and if it is at a price range of a mid-high end gaming PC, would you buy it?

I certainly would but I kinda think myself as a FS junkie so I wonder how normal people would think about it :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Mobias

Re: A device to play FS only

Post by Mobias »

There's no way I'd spend £££££'s on a console just for playing FS. It would a total waste of money. I do play other games too.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Mobias wrote:There's no way I'd spend £££££'s on a console just for playing FS. It would a total waste of money. I do play other games too.
I agree with that. Unless it's something crazy cool (like let's say a Battlemech cockpit for MechWarrior), I'd never spend a shitton of money for a device that can run one game only. If it would be a complete tractor, well then we can talk but that would cost an arm and a leg :D

I love playing games, so I'd rather see consoles that can run all the games. That's why I'm pro PC ... one device suits all my needs.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

I bought steel battalion for the original Xbox. 3 foot pedals 2 joysticks 100+ buttons. Google that. Game was a PITA though
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

imo it would never work.. for several reasons.. heat being a huge one.. my gaming rig has a huge case to allow maximum airflow.. then add the fact that EVERY single component has its own cooling fan (I even put one on the HD) and there r 4 more fans mounted to the case just because.. gaming laptops r a good example of what happens when u shove too much power in a tiny case.. my other big arguing point would be the rapidly evolving tech.. u go out.. spend a stuff ton of money on this portable console.. u r feeling great about yourself and loving your investment.. then all of a sudden in a year or 2 the tech in your console is out of date.. so can u upgrade? of course u cant.. the console companies make their money off the fact that every handful of years people r gonna line up at the stores to buy the latest edition of their console.. these companies intentionally make it so u cannot upgrade your system.. the RAM modules r soldered to the mother board as r the cpu and gpu.. the only things not soldered to the mother board r the power supply which is external because of heat issues and both the disk drive and HD r plug and play as well but they r hard to get to and its not exactly like u can go to the local Walmart and buy a new disk drive for your playstation.. honestly.. just get a pc
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Guil

Post by Guil »

While I agree with most of your post jessi, a monkey could change a hard drive in a ps4. It's easier than a pc. One screw removes the caddy and then the usual 2 screws each side.

A device released to play one single game would be commercial suicide.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

manosaurus wrote:I bought steel battalion for the original Xbox. 3 foot pedals 2 joysticks 100+ buttons. Google that. Game was a PITA though
I won that controller from a games magazine price quest :P

Only played it 10 hours or so, I had my game setup at the foot end of my bed, laying in bed gaming. Not so handy with that big controller setting up the bed and off everytime, let alone having easy acces to the foot pedals :P

It's still standing under my bed in my parents house though :lol:
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Guil wrote:...a monkey could change a hard drive in a ps4.
:lol: :lol: I did open it up entirely to clean the cooling system. Even that is not a pro job.

Guil wrote:A device released to play one single game would be commercial suicide.
For the time being yes, but think of this. If this happens for every game can you imagine the price drop on the hardware?
After a while you could be able to build up a high end PC rig for just a couple of hundred bucks.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

Literally no chance of it ever happening.

You already can. You don't have to spend thousands to play games.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Not in my country (Turkey). We have logic defying taxes on electronics that make a 1000€ PC in EU at least a 3000€ investment in here. I'm not even taking the currency exchange rate into account. Only companies like Sony can bring their prices down to affordable levels just to keep the market.
PS5 / FS22
PrincessJessi84

Guil wrote:While I agree with most of your post jessi, a monkey could change a hard drive in a ps4. It's easier than a pc. One screw removes the caddy and then the usual 2 screws each side.
ok ive never messed with the hd on the current gen of playstation so my bad for sure lol.. the more u know right!? but I figure I would point out that I don't even need a screw driver to remove my hd.. everything but the power supply, some fans and mother board can be removed without the use of tools making it by and large the easiest machine (console or pc) to upgrade that ive ever had
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Jessi I've come to the pc dark side. This is the best
PrincessJessi84

I told u dino man.. after I switched from xbox to pc everyone started throwing shade like I was acting like some pc master race brat but it really is a more versatile and enjoyable game on pc.. I'm not forced to play with any equipment I don't want to.. in fact if we r being honest.. I don't play with any in game equipment.. everything I use is mods that I have hand selected specific to my farm(s) and whats more is I can change and tweak them as I see fit (I know some stomp their feet but we aren't talking major edits to someones work and most certainly not sharing my edits).. its really nice and gives u a freedom that u just don't have on console even in the slightest.. I'm glad u r happy mano.. have u gone crazy with mods yet? lol
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Working on my own map and mod pack as we speak. If it works it'll be well worth the 65,000,031 years it's been in the making
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Ok. I'm aware what I'm missing by just being on a console. I'm really fully aware of the situation. And your posts just don't help :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I love my PS4 because of the reliability side of things but I'm seriously considering to get a PC these days.

However, before I do that I want to see FS19 and it's compatibility with consoles (scripts, mods, etc.) and the effort Giants would put on the console side of things in the near future. If the console experience gets closer to PC with FS19 and PS5 then I'll just stick with my PS. If not I'm definitely going for a gaming laptop.
PS5 / FS22