A device to play FS only

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Re: A device to play FS only

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote:However, before I do that I want to see FS19 and it's compatibility with consoles (scripts, mods, etc.)

My personal guess: No scripts in the near future. I mean I don't know for sure, Sony might turn around tomorrow and decide that scripts are not the root of all evil anymore, but for now that's exactly their stance and I don't see them changing their mind anytime soon.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Lisertan wrote:
RODHA wrote:However, before I do that I want to see FS19 and it's compatibility with consoles (scripts, mods, etc.)

My personal guess: No scripts in the near future. I mean I don't know for sure, Sony might turn around tomorrow and decide that scripts are not the root of all evil anymore, but for now that's exactly their stance and I don't see them changing their mind anytime soon.
Like you said, i dont see them changing their minds as well, but with what other modders have made for console and whatnot features ect, to me it might open their eyes, but what we got, its opened alot of doors for modders, and maybe just maybe they will cave in.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Well, probably not. I also think Sony people would change their minds on anything that would make them take risks.
But as scripts can be incorporated into the game by Giants, my hope is on Giants developing a new way of boosting up the mod presence on consoles rather than Sony allowing scripts.
If that hope doesn't live up to my expectations then I'll probably go for a PC.
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

RODHA wrote:Well, probably not. I also think Sony people would change their minds on anything that would make them take risks.
But as scripts can be incorporated into the game by Giants, my hope is on Giants developing a new way of boosting up the mod presence on consoles rather than Sony allowing scripts.
If that hope doesn't live up to my expectations then I'll probably go for a PC.
I dont expect sony/microsoft consoles to be like PC, (Hope that makes sense), i just want a little bit more umm... Freedom for modders to work with ( again, hope that makes sense) , if i wanted console to be exactly like PC, why not save a few bucks and play it on PC, by the way its going console is ALMOST like a PC. But all in all, hope that makes sense.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

manosaurus wrote:Working on my own map and mod pack as we speak. If it works it'll be well worth the 65,000,031 years it's been in the making
will it be public release or private? I would personally love to see what u r working on.. oh and fyi mr i switched to pc.. i have a whole pack of half completed weights including one for the wheel loader that will probably never get released :lol: but yea my main map for public release is on hold.. i hit a snag(s) because I'm an over reaching idgit.. so I'm making a role playing map.. i fully intend on it being a private mod but then again.. I'm not really sure what the demand for a map like that would even be so i could change my mind.. what mods u making with your map?
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

All my mods and map are deemed classified above top secret. They are themed though.

Oh I downloaded the exact rear weight I wanted from giants lmfao. My life is now complete. I can't believe what I have been missing out on.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Here's why PC gaming is difficult for someone with 0 PC gaming experience, buying a pre built is a rip off, let's say you pay $500 for a PC that's pre built, you can get a much better PC for $500 if you build it your self, but that's where things get complicated, you could one day over load your graphics card, or you could run into cooling problems, then to two years you will have to upgrade your PC to run games that are coming out, there goes an extra $200 for new parts, oh now they won't fit in your case, new case $50, ohhhhh extra fan space,wouldn't want that over heating problem again, $100 for new fans, I think you can see where I'm going with this, consoles have that reliability, so have fun with that PC Mano, while its not a hole for your money :hi:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

that is hardly factual information redglasses.. to begin with there was a time that it was cheaper to build your own pc but that is hardly the case anymore.. trust me.. i weighed all options.. u aren't going to "overload" your graphics card.. either it will run the graphics or it wont.. cooling problems r always a concern but guess what.. consoles have the same issue and worse in some cases.. consoles overheat.. ive overheated consoles just building my creative world in minecraft.. as to the upgrades.. yea they need upgraded from time to time.. price depends on what needs upgraded.. so just down the road we r looking at the next gen of consoles being released.. so we r both gonna have to upgrade (depending on the specs of the pc i have now it could be good to go for quite some time still).. but say i need a new graphics card.. imma go drop a couple hundred bucks on a new gpu.. it comes in the mail.. i pop the side of my case open which is as easy as a couple hand screws.. no tools required.. unplug the old gpu and replace it with the new one.. replace the side and turn it unit back on.. make sure my drivers r up to date and then i pick up exactly where i left off.. but wait.. your console is out of date u say? oh that's a shame.. well u go drop a ton more money on your new console, lose all your save data and learn that it wont play most or in some cases all of your old games.. well that's a pity.. sounds like u will be starting your library over.. it really is a pity too cause u liked your games.. i mean.. i suppose u could always keep 2 consoles but that just really seems like a pain.. oh wait.. u r now mad cause u learned that the console manufactures don't support the features in your games that u really wanted like full mod support.. oh man this just keeps getting worse.. I'm feeling really bad for u now.. but either way I'm gonna be over here playing every single game i played before my upgrade plus the new games being released all the way down to my game saves.. never skipped a beat.. my case is huge so it doesn't need replaced at all.. i got a set of fans to prevent any untimely over heating for under $50 so I'm good to go for a good long minute now.. and whats more is i can do anything with my pc.. i can do everything from home media like gaming or movies to work related stuff and even use my fancy pc to set up my cloud server for my home security system so i can view my home from the touch of a button on my phone.. i could go on and on and on.. simply put.. if u PREFER console then so be it.. I'm not knocking it at all.. to each their own.. but don't act like your console has any real advantages over my pc.. my pc does stuff your console will only dream of.. and whats more is based on the specs that ive seen of this next gen of consoles in the works my next to entry level gaming pc will still out perform it 2-1 with no upgrades made to my pc.. call me a pc elitist or whatever.. idc anymore.. facts r facts and the facts show that my machine is the better machine no contest.. just because u prefer a Chevy doesnt make it better than a porche.. just sayin
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Not knocking it at all my back side, I'll just go talk to my friend about what's cheaper, buying or building. Oh by the way, there's a reason I said 0 PC experience... :mrgreen:
My Discord
W1der

Post by W1der »

Well ...

This is my project for winter ... a FS custom rig with a dedicated PC that will be for playing FS only ... :zunge:
Possibly (if I can figure out how) it will also be a Huey sim (for DCS) ... but I need to figure out an easy way to move the controls around in the build.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Hey red, a game like FS and other games don't require a huge and expensive gaming computer to play. I play on a Dell Inspiron 3650 with 8GB of RAM, 1TB of hard drive space, a NVIDIA GeForce 730 2GB graphics card, and an Intel i5-6400 processor. Runs the game on high at an average 30 FPS with 70ish mods, all the other games I play on max settings well over 150 FPS, and any modding software you need. Its for sale at around $480
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^us dollar or Canadian dollar
My Discord
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

US dollars. In Canadian it's around $605
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Yikes ya that seems like a lot for me :lol:, the dollar is so bad right now it's a bit ridiculous
My Discord
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

RODHA wrote:
Guil wrote:...a monkey could change a hard drive in a ps4.
:lol: :lol: I did open it up entirely to clean the cooling system. Even that is not a pro job.

Guil wrote:A device released to play one single game would be commercial suicide.
For the time being yes, but think of this. If this happens for every game can you imagine the price drop on the hardware?
After a while you could be able to build up a high end PC rig for just a couple of hundred bucks.
Did you use the air in a can? Sometimes farming simulator makes my PS4 sound like a airplane.I opened it and cleaned it without using the air.Im kinda skeptical about the canned air.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .