John Deere 466 Engine

AC7045

Re: John Deere 466 Engine

Post by AC7045 »

The two trucks they tested them in, a W900 and a T800, I believe are sitting in Seattle, but they were assembled at their Renton plant. It was really pretty hush-hush. You'd glance at it and mistake it for a Cat, then see the big Deere on it and just sit and stare. Engineering had to redesign the motor mounts as Cat and Cummins both had two main mounts up front side by side and Deere had things a little different.

I truly felt I was watching something revolutionary. The motor itself needed some redesign, but I was in awe how they were able to fit the different types of transmissions to the motor and take advantage of the power the motor was able to put out.
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

Deere makes Compressed Natural Gas engines that power some buses now
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

AC7045 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:07 am Want to hear a secret? Three motors, including that one, were tested to possibly be used in Kenworth trucks. Kenworth wanted to compete with Freightliner (they bought Detroit motors and were no longer supplied to Kenworth) so Kenworth wanted another motor to put in their trucks. They were in talks with Deere to have them supply KW with Deere motors. It even got to testing... but the whole thing fell through.
Seriously?!?! That's awesome. I wish that would have gone through. That would've been awesome to have.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks