MayMac?

PrincessJessi84

MayMac?

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

just curious.. anybody catching the MayMac fight tonight? I'm not ordering it so I will have to rely on highlight reels but oh well... logically Mayweather has the clear advantage as the seasoned boxer but in the same token I watched Tyson fall to buster douglas in a major upset title fight so I would argue that especially at Mayweathers age anything could happen
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Guil

Re: MayMac?

Post by Guil »

As Chris Eubank said, it doesn't matter if he can't box. He's Irish and Irish are dangerous :mrgreen:
I initially didn't have any interest but I'm watching it. Probably be 4 or 5am Irish time.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Yeah I'm not watching it. My church's is hosting an event around the city, different leaders are opening their homes to people to come watch it, whether they go to our church or not. But I'm wondering who's gonna win. Doesn't seem fair but I don't know a lot about boxing/MMA :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

It's all in who wants to win the most lol
PrincessJessi84

maybe heart does have something to do with it but I think there is a bit more than that.. a perfect example was Joe Frazier.. ive spent a lot of time watching fights including the classic fights and arguably no one that ive ever seen had more heart than Frazier not to mention a super heavy left hook that would blast u off your feet before u knew anything was happening but when he went toe to toe with Big George Forman he got brutalized.. Forman beat the brakes off him effortlessly ending his reign as the undisputed heavyweight champion.. there r so many elements that factor into a professional fight including a bit of luck.. I cant wait to hear how this fight ends up.. ultimately both fighters did it for the purse but hey.. as long as they put on a good show then its all good
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

It should be a good show fraizier was good fighter Forman was to a classic some of the best don't forget Mohamad alie don't know if I spelled that right but he was quick and a really good fighter but yeah should be a good one tonight
PrincessJessi84

what a shame.. Mayweather goes 50-0 in round 10 after the ref calls it.. but the Irishman gained tons of respect especially in the boxing world.. he was poised and he actually went out there and fought a good fight with the man that many claim is the greatest boxer of this generation.. Where most professional fighters from both boxing and mma said he would be reckless and go down early he did the exact opposite.. conner can literally fight on any stage he wishes now and no one would justly doubt him.. the only thing that seems to hurt him is he cant fight long fights.. he has to condition himself as to not gas out so badly.. I cant wait to study the actual fight footage
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

McGregor never stood a chance in this fight if he couldn't put Mayweather away early, which I knew he would never be able to do. After round 3 it was all downhill for McGregor until he was a walking zombie.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
PrincessJessi84

also in response to your comment about Ali.. he wasn't good or one of the best.. he was THE BEST having held the undisputed unified heavyweight titles more times than any boxer in history.. it really is a shame about Mayweather though because he really isn't that good.. his undefeated streak is more a testament to the caliper of the competition than his own skills.. put him in with fighters who have the skill of previous generations and he just wouldn't stack up.. for that matter most boxing historians agree that had he fought manny pacquiao even 5 years earlier when manny was on point Mayweather wouldn't have that undefeated streak that he retires with tonight..
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
PrincessJessi84

ok so ive watched the fight.. the first thing I have to say is while conner did sustain some heavy blows make no mistake.. Mayweather didn't beat him in any traditional sense.. conners biggest enemy in this fight was his lack of gas for the long haul.. the more tired he got the less effective he got.. also if he is gonna build on any type of career in boxing he must leverage more power in his punches and learn to open up more outside the jab as ufc gloves promote very high impact as opposed to boxing gloves needing more power and heavier hits to be effective.. but he was able to deliver effective counter punching through the majority of the fight and really worked that jab nicely keeping Floyd on the outside where he wanted him.. most of it simply came down to his cardio or lack there of.. as for mayweathers performance.. I'm beyond disappointed in the man they claim is so great.. he almost got out scored by a man making his professional debut.. he certainly didn't fight like a man who has been boxing for 20 years with 49 (now 50) wins undefeated.. yea his punches had more power and when he threw his power it had accuracy but he didn't know what to do with conner.. conner fought really loose and he kept switching from orthodox to unorthodox and between that and the clean jabs Floyd didn't have an answer to it which is y he waited until conner was gassed and vulnerable to move in for any effective boxing.. yea he won but did he really? he fought a cowards fight and it really showed.. but given his history with making other fighters chase him around the ring I guess it should come as no surprise.. my final thoughts.. while conner could certainly have done better he still did very well.. if he wishes to pursue boxing as opposed to mma he needs to get his cardio up to go through the longer fights and work on his power punches.. otherwise its mainly perfecting whats already there.. as to Floyd.. Bye Felicia.. his "legacy" is a stain on boxing and honestly its fighters like him that r the reason that the quality and popularity of boxing has declined so much in recent years
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

That's Mayweather's style. He has always been a defensive fighter, and will almost always take you the distance, so they had better be ready to step up and go the distance or they had better end Mayweather fast, which no one has been able to do, and believe me, people have tried. So many people have tried to beat Mayweather early on and they just cannot do it, Mayweather is just so good at the defensive game. Then in the 10th round Mayweather just started to tee off on McGregor and had the ref not stopped it, it would have been a complete knock out before the bell.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War