MF new harvester

Post by RODHA »

PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Re: MF new harvester

Post by ErwinR55 »

Fendt's version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdJzOxN0YSw

(only one shot yet though, at the final seconds of the movie)
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

It is not the same harvester I think?
PS5 / FS22
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

It might be, I wonder if fednt is owned by MF? If so it'll just be a reskin ok it pretty much. Still, it looks pretty cool!
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
ninus17

Post by ninus17 »

RODHA wrote:Those claims are bold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNHzJEWYucM
i thought that the tribine combine harvester had the biggest grain tank and i dont see how MF could out do the tribine with its 1000 buschel tank
:confusednew:
playing on pc
ninus17

Post by ninus17 »

Smith Modding wrote:It might be, I wonder if fednt is owned by MF? If so it'll just be a reskin ok it pretty much. Still, it looks pretty cool!
fendt and MF are both owned by AGCO who also owns valtra and challenger
playing on pc
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

ninus17 wrote:
Smith Modding wrote:It might be, I wonder if fednt is owned by MF? If so it'll just be a reskin ok it pretty much. Still, it looks pretty cool!
fendt and MF are both owned by AGCO who also owns valtra and challenger
Ok, yeah then most likely they're really similar.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ninus17 wrote:i thought that the tribine combine harvester had the biggest grain tank and i dont see how MF could out do the tribine with its 1000 buschel tank
That came to my mind too but I think we will find out on the 6th of september.
PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Several MF and Fendt combines have for a long time been the same already. And since also both feature the same campaign, IDEAL, how can it not be the same? :)

Of course the Fendt will be more expensive :)

RODHA wrote:
ninus17 wrote:i thought that the tribine combine harvester had the biggest grain tank and i dont see how MF could out do the tribine with its 1000 buschel tank
Of course the Tribine is a complete different setup. Never compare apples with oranges.
Last edited by ErwinR55 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS4 player
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Hey erwin, don't know if you meant that or not, but that's a really good pun :lol:
Never compare MF and Fendt (red and green apples) to Tribine (oranges) :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

In the Netherlands we always say never compare apples and pears. So yes, I chose oranges specifically ;-)
PS4 player
ninus17

Post by ninus17 »

ErwinR55 wrote:Several MF and Fendt combines have for a long time been the same already. And since also both feature the same campaign, IDEAL, how can it not be the same? :)

Of course the Fendt will be more expensive :)

RODHA wrote:
Of course the Tribine is a complete different setup. Never compare apples with oranges.

ok but what i ment was that in the trailer for the MF combine it said it will have the biggest grain tank in the industry but i dont think it will be bigger than the tribine and even if the tribine is a different setup it is still a combine harvester :confusednew:
playing on pc
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

The Tribine is a concept that has never really taken off and I doubt it ever will due to its poor trash management and other issues. It is not commercially available and it has been around for a quite a while now, its more of a novelty at this point. So IMO the Tribine can't really be compared to or even put in the same category as these and other standard combines that are on the market. As to Agco's claims, time will tell, having a bigger grain tank does not mean it will out do the current big boys on the market, New Holland and Claas will be hard to beat.
PS4
ninus17

Post by ninus17 »

canadafarms wrote:The Tribine is a concept that has never really taken off and I doubt it ever will due to its poor trash management and other issues. It is not commercially available and it has been around for a quite a while now, its more of a novelty at this point. So IMO the Tribine can't really be compared to or even put in the same category as these and other standard combines that are on the market. As to Agco's claims, time will tell, having a bigger grain tank does not mean it will out do the current big boys on the market, New Holland and Claas will be hard to beat.
ah ok when you look at it like that now i understand. but were they not going to start producing the tribine harvester for the commercial market starting next year or have i been miss informed
playing on pc
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

ninus17 wrote: ah ok when you look at it like that now i understand. but were they not going to start producing the tribine harvester for the commercial market starting next year or have i been miss informed
TBH I haven't really followed the progress on this machine that closely, it may be going into production but something tells me I have heard that before but never seen it happen. I could see this being a good choice for corn with the high yields, having the big grain tank would be good and trash isn't that big of an issue but for an all around combine to be used in zero till or min till operations, growing cereal or oilseed crops I just don't see it because there is really no way to spread that chopped straw and chaff, or for farmers that bale straw there isn't a way to windrow it for baling from what I have seen..... I could be wrong maybe it will be more than I think it will but it seems that it is more of a one trick pony IMO.
PS4