Irrigation system. Is is possible?

Beez

Irrigation system. Is is possible?

Post by Beez »

Had this on my mind for like 6 months. Is making an irrigation system a bad idea or an impossible task?

I mean, just adding a placeable water pump/hydrant, after you could attach a water pump to it, and then to add a hose to a big sprinkler on the field, and you could add more sprinklers. Thing is, I do not know how hard would it be for it to influence the yield of the field. Think that maybe it could be implemented with one or two more added fruits.
Would be awesome if this could be doable.
Get plowed by a pro. Sleep with a farmer!
don_apple

Re: Irrigation system. Is is possible?

Post by don_apple »

For a skilled modder nothing is impossible :wink3:

Since right now water does not have any effect on yield in the standard game it would require some scripts to add this kind of functionality (soemthing like the soilmod did in FS15), which would mean that in FS17 such a mod would only work on the Windows or Mac OS X version of the game.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Well, I guess the irrigation system has to spray liquid fertilizer, nobody notices the difference, except for when the bill comes to pay for the sprayed amount of stuff :P
PS4 player
Beez

Post by Beez »

Could be implemented as the 3rd fertilizing phase. Good idea with this ErwinR55
Get plowed by a pro. Sleep with a farmer!
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

I saw on one of the PC facebook groups that someone has made a centre pivot irrigator mod already that works like a stage of fertiliser.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

There is another thread about this now...

But i'll say bout same thing i said in other.

We need soil mod for FS17. It made you irrigate, spray herbacide, and added nutrient lvls to the soil, there was no 3x fert and full yield. Getting 100% yield took planning.

The piviot irrigation system was made for FS15, and it worked with soil mod. The issue was it diden't work well. It needed a very flat field and took some trial and error to find where/how to place it. You also had to "drive it", you coulden't just turn it in and let it do its thing.

Frankly it was alot easier to just get a large self propelled sprayer and fill it with water to irrigate.
PC gamer.