My logging setup

Post by Logger 34 »

Logger 34

Re: My logging setup

Post by Logger 34 »

Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiZLgUZuEq3AgS_ukCsANr1sv5QC and hears how I use the joskin 3 point tipper to skid logs hope i dont get into trouble thought I'd share these clips
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

y wouldn't u just use the 3pt skidder attachment that we have? that doesn't make sense.. it works really good.. even on pc I use it a ton.. in fact combine it with the tracked massey from bsm and u have a really nice cheap skidder that can comfortably move 3 12 meter long logs.. wanna haul more.. hook it up to a heavier tractor
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

I have used the skidders attachment but the other way I can pull more tree length trees I've had more than three trees at a time in it plus to me it acts more like a skidder I still use the skidder attachment but I like doing it either way I like pulling tree length trees that's how I did it in real life with a skidder of course lol
PrincessJessi84

I kinda get that but the in game scorpion will only process up to 8m which the skidder attachment does fine.. it just seems to me by watching your video that in the time u spend using a log grabber to put them in that tipper I could have a whole pile gathered.. and the best part about that skidder attachment is that its dependent on the weight of the tractor.. I use a 35000 pound or kg (whatever the scales like at the bga read) fendt and I can literally haul any whole tree in the game.. in fact I was goofing around and ran over the bsm hooklift like it was a hot wheels and still never lost my tree lol.. to each their own.. if it works for u then rock it.. I just think it would be faster the other way
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

At 8 meters I could load them on the Buffalo and put them straight on a log trailer i could make it faster by laying one end up off the ground on another tree since I'm using the wheeled loader as a buncher and by pulling the whole tree out and working it up at the landing in don't have to goffer back and gather all the little pieces up and keep all the little wood seperated for wood chips keeps everything sorted what I had out was a 3 bunk load and 2 bunk load on the bsm trailers and a bio belts trailer load plus 4 loads of wood chips i didn't do bad I ended up with 31 loads so far I have got 45 loads before doing it the same way and that was on pacific inlet map and that was hauling out of the back where the swamp and mountain is
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiZLgUZuEq3AgTVCN6uSRh0O38a9 hears how we did it in real life that's what I'm trying to do but I have to use what thelse console offers but we donto have a feller buncher we cut by hand at the 15 . 49 mark on the video you will see the skidder come in to the landing that was one of the skidders I ran i wasn't driving it tho at that time the video isent the greatest but all I had was a cheap camera
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiZLgUZuEq3AgTVCN6uSRh0O38a9 hears how we did it in real life that's what I'm trying to do but I have to use what thelse console offers but we donto have a feller buncher we cut by hand at the 15 . 49 mark on the video you will see the skidder come in to the landing that was one of the skidders I ran i wasn't driving it tho at that time the video isent the greatest but all I had was a cheap camera at the 15 . 16 mark on the video the skidder comes to the landing sorry
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

Sorry the video above posted twice for some reason lol
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiZLgUZuEq3AgTYlkeM7DOoYnORL this is a different video this is the other skidder I ran this is the one I was running when I started having seizures I was on that skidder when I was having it but that's why I log the way I do because it's simular to how I did it in real life is got more videos someware of me driving them to I might put on hear some time to
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I like the Biobeltz skidder attachment. It works with the Fiatagri 160-55
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

I still use it i use both attachments they both do the job just fine bio belts and the tipper works good for me
PrincessJessi84

u know.. all this talk of different ways to go about logging got me to playing with some of my logging mods.. when I first switched to pc I downloaded some really cool mods for logging and have downloaded more than a handful since.. but I usually don't do a ton of large scale logging so these mods have just sat wasting away.. well here lately ive had a hankering to do some logging.. starting off small with maybe a small tractor or 2 and something to haul the wood with and moving up.. all this talk of skidding reminded me of a mod hiding in my list.. its a winch.. now granted.. the version I have only hauls 1 log at a time.. but omg.. there was an oak tree in the way of my staging area and I just wanted it gone.. I didn't wanna mess with loading it in a trailer or anything.. so I thought "y not try this winch and see what it will do".. not only was I able to hook up to the whole tree and winch it all the way to the road but once I had it close to the tractor I jumped in and hit the gas.. that little tracked massey with less than 100hp towed that big tree all the way across the map to the sell point at full speed.. and it just kinda made me think about console users.. after a while on pc u just kinda take for granted all the awesomeness that's available.. I don't really notice with the regular farming equipment cause aside from adding variety u don't really get much over consoles.. yea there is equipment that isn't on consoles but lots of it is just the same thing with a new paint job and name.. I don't really feel bad about that.. personally I don't care if u guys ever get ford or JD or any of that.. a name isn't a game changer.. trust me.. but with placeables and logging equipment u really begin to see the limitations caused by the scripting limitations on consoles.. lots of the stuff I have u guys will eventually get.. and with the modders u have working on it the stuff will be top notch.. but some of the stuff just will not come to fs17 consoles.. I have a yarder that weighs 130,000 on the scales.. I can take this yarder and put it in a single position and use it to literally haul handfuls of trees at a time across the entire map.. I can use the winch to rip trees across the whole map at top speed with just about any tractor.. I have a placeable that I can literally drop whole trees in and it will chip them and hold the chips until I drive my tipper under it.. just things like that.. things that u guys cant have.. things that in all honestly add a new dimension to fs17.. and I feel for u guys.. like with u Logger 34.. the way u r into logging from doing it as a profession.. I know u would love these things.. but ive given up on trying to get people to come to pc.. and I also know that these things will not come to fs17 for consoles.. but fs19 isn't too far off.. and whats more.. xbox is releasing their new console.. and O..M..G.. that thing is an absolute beast.. and I know sony will release their answer to the Microsoft console and it will be equally impressive in terms of performance.. and idk what will change but my hope is that sony pulls head out of ass and lets up on some of these unreasonable scripting restrictions.. yea I know die hard sony users r gonna be up in arms but the fact is sony is the root of the problem.. I really hope that fs19 opens new doors for u guys with the impressive hardware being released and mod support in games gaining so much support.. so.. here is to hoping.. I feel for u guys and really hope things change for the better
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
PrincessJessi84

srry for hijacking the post with that.. I just felt it had relevance to our discussion
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors