What do you guys do for a living?

cr41g_1965

Re: What do you guys do for a living?

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I am in engineering...capitol projects estimator for industrial pollution control equipment and fabrication

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

I.T. SysAdmin and developer for 22 years now.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

This has to be one of the most interesting groups of people I've ever seen on the internet.

I own an electronic payment processing company. Grew up on and around farms. Somehow got into banking/finance after college and, as they say, the rest is history. Having worked around people - and, more specifically, their money - for my entire adult life I wish I had stayed with farming. Cows are much more calm.
Playing on PC
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

Grandfather farmed, worked in Scotland with 1500 sheep, came home trained as an electrician, worked drilling water wells for a while, did some factory work building buses (hated it) and now I drive lorries for a living!
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
lincoln1591

Post by lincoln1591 »

Im in high school but i work at a horse stable. On my moms side we have a few hundred acres and about 250-300 cows.
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

I work for the DNR (department of natural resources) in one of the largest parks in the state. I farm with my father in law in my spare time (row crops). I was a plumber before so i get *censored* into plumbing jobs for everyone. My wife is an Ag teacher at a local high school. We own an old orchard that is about 10 acres that we are restoring.

My dads side other than dad was all in farming. So it kind of runs in the family. Both my boys third word was tractor. Mom, dad, tractor i mean what else does a little kid need!
Waynethetech

Post by Waynethetech »

I'm a technician and MOT tester, always wanted to be a farmer when I was a kid, I grew up in the countryside got bit by the tractor bug I am unashamedly a huge tractor fan.
Fresh off the plow on PS4
WelshMat

Post by WelshMat »

Hi. I'm a games developer, specifically a programmer. I mostly develop for consoles (started out on the PS2 in 2001) and PC, but I recently got the chance to shout at Android and wonder how Google created such a mess. I think the only thing I've never had the chance to play around with is a Nintendo kit.
Garion

Post by Garion »

Pig farmer. I take care of 6200 sows and 10,000 piglets at my main farm and another 1500 gilts at my other farm.
Farming on PC *thumbsup* and PS4 :biggrin2:
Questionnaire

Post by Questionnaire »

sophomore in high school, I enjoy video games and seeing what make electronics tick. I want to be a computer programmer or help create games.
Playing FS 15-17-19-22 on a Razer Blade.

PC Specs
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
AMD Radeon RX 590 "Fatboy"
Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8) DDR4-3200
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Samsung 870 QVO Plus 1TB
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB M.2

In-game username:Questionnaire
Discord: russian_man_99
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm an accountant at a university. To *** that (mostly for fun), I play music. I also have somehow become the family's mechanic and landscaper, so my Saturdays are usually spent under a car or holding a weedeater...

I live on what was once my great grandpa's farm. When my dad had horses, we put up the hay; now I give the hay to my cousin who raises cattle. I've been driving tractors since I was three, sitting on my grandpa's lap. He just turned 80 and just got into restoring old 8N Ford tractors. He doesn't farm anymore, just raises a large garden. He uses his 245 Massey Ferguson for hauling brush, pulling logs, and pushing snow. About once a month him, my dad, and myself will get the 8Ns out and drive them a little to charge the batteries. They're pretty much show pieces and my grandpa "don't want to get the tars (tires for the non-Appalachian Americans) dirty". :lol:

I always wanted to get into some kind of heavy equipment operations, (construction, farming, truck driving) but life took a different path. I have a great job with good benefits and retirement. My wife is currently pursuing her PhD and hopes to teach at the university I work for when she's completed her program. Then she can support me and my hobbies! We've talked about getting into hobby farming. She loves animals and wants to start gardening. One day....
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
El3mentGamer

Post by El3mentGamer »

hpmc13 wrote:This has to be one of the most interesting groups of people I've ever seen on the internet[...]
No doubt! Really cool to hear from all you guys :)
PS4: EL3MENTGAMER // GÓRALE - FS17 // SEASONS
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

I am a safety training and compliance officer for what is now the 4th largest flatbed carrier in the United States. My company has around 2500 tractors and drivers and we pull freight in all the lower 48 states. Mostly what I do is teach cargo securement and defensive driving classes but I still drive trucks from time to time on the weekends to make a bit of extra money.

We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

I'm a farmer. Been working the family farm since I was a kid. Now that my dad is getting older I am slowly taking everything over.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Bushmaster77

Post by Bushmaster77 »

Retired Army after 20 years of service. Currently working on about a 2000 acre crop farm in KY. Always has been a dream since I was a kid to work on a farm, so now I get a chance to live that dream. Its great, really like what I do.