What do you guys do for a living?

El3mentGamer

What do you guys do for a living?

Post by El3mentGamer »

Anyone here actually a farmer? (whether it be via family or whatever). Or anybody work in the ag industry in general?

I'm a Parts Rep at a John Deere dealer; with the entire county mostly Green we stay pretty busy. Especially this time of year, HARVEST TIME!

Actually just got done looking up some front drive shafts for a 9600 combine. It was a close one too, turns out the guy had planetary drive versus the typical hydrostat drive combines have.. plus he had wheel spacers, so there was a surprise extra shaft for length lol.

Sometimes this stuff gets confusing and hard to cipher through; too many options :lol:
PS4: EL3MENTGAMER // GÓRALE - FS17 // SEASONS
Guil

Re: What do you guys do for a living?

Post by Guil »

I drive a bin truck. Long long hours but pays well with overtime. I couldn't work in an office environment, just not me at all. I was a plasterer up until about 10 years ago.
Scotty1314

Post by Scotty1314 »

I work on a mixed arable farm in the Scottish borders..6000 acres 50 cows and 2000 sheep.
Barley,wheat,oats,osr,brussel sprouts and potato's.
El3mentGamer

Post by El3mentGamer »

2,000 sheep?!?! That's incredible man. Seems like a lot of work.. so do you guys sell them as livestock or produce and collect their wool?
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I'm an actual farmer. We have 175 acres arable, and more of hayground and pasture. I fridging love it!! :lol:
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Where I live there's thousands of sheep roaming around freely. Google the curragh plains.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Well..I don't do it for a living since i'm only a senior in high school. Planning on going to school for heavy equipment operation. For now I work at a feed store part time.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Scotty1314

Post by Scotty1314 »

The sheep are cared for by a full time shepherd on our furthest away farm,all hills..mainly black face sheep.
Our job (4 of us) is all field work on the other 2 farms,we are also contracted out to do silage.
Great job,fantastic guys,stunning views....life's good
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

School is my job :lol: anyways, looking to going into engineering, basically anything to do with drafting
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

School. Freshman year of highschool. I would like to maybe do some hobby farming when I get older, just to have some land. My family has a 3 acre plot and that really isn't big enough to farm considering we live in MO and Wildwood is like a cross between rural and suburban.
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Im on disability, ever since i was 4 years old, so i pretty much do nothing, just help the family do simple jobs around the house, cut wood, split it, stack it, mow the lawn, other than that, im on my PS4 all the time.
El3mentGamer

Post by El3mentGamer »

FarmingRemasterd wrote:School. Freshman year of highschool. I would like to maybe do some hobby farming when I get older, just to have some land. My family has a 3 acre plot and that really isn't big enough to farm considering we live in MO and Wildwood is like a cross between rural and suburban.
I hear you man. Currently I'm living in town (a small one nonetheless).. really my life goal to is to own a house in the country with an affordable plot of land.. idk 10-30 acres? I hope to raise cattle one day, to breed and sell calves. Bale my own hay like the old man, and my redneck grandpa.

I always wanted to be a farmer when I was little, but obviously in today's harsh times; that's damn near impossible.. unless you're born into it.

Best of luck to you! You're young! Sounds like you've got similar goals to me, and actually I'm from IL so we come from the same land :)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I'm a patent engineer. I write patent specifications, evaluate search and examination reports on applications and do a lot of other stuff related to Intellectual Property Services. Besides, I'm also the IT guy at the office.
PS5 / FS22
torstein

Post by torstein »

I work full time as a journalist in the local journla, and *** with working as part time firefighter in the local fire brigade. And to *** that a bit more, I have my own workshop where I service and repair scubadiving equipment. :)
Beez

Post by Beez »

Hello. I am working as a video producer, graphic designer, video editor for the communication department of a political party in my country. You can see from where I have the farming bug right? :D
Get plowed by a pro. Sleep with a farmer!