What do you guys do for a living?

FordFarmer97

Re: What do you guys do for a living?

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Me too! Its legit
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

i'm a little late to the party. Well I was a group leader at Abbott laboratories for 17 years had about 50 people to take care of made all kinds of Pharmaceutical supplies until they closed the doors and moved the plant to costa rica (that *censored*). then went to school and learned to program and run Haas CNC Mills and worked for a company to run and program CNC Haas Mills and we made products out of graphite and did that for 8 years until I ruptured 2 of my discs L4-L5 and L5-S1 flipping a 500 pound block of graphite a couple of years ago so that's why I've had a lot of time to play FS17. and I also live on the farm I grew up on that was built in 1846 so a very old farm house. we didn't have anything big just a couple of cows. goats, chickens, and pigs once in awhile. and a horse. and all my dad's coon hounds we did a lot of hunting. and I collect military items mostly from WWII. well that's it for me.
Treeguy1857

Post by Treeguy1857 »

I'm a pig.....oink oink
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

LOL. So that's one of the pigs in the pigpen on Altenstien. LOL
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
gamertag Jeff Z7

Post by gamertag Jeff Z7 »

I was a Chimney Sweep for 16 years. Did everything from laying stone, brick, block, ect. to installing wood stoves, gas logs, stainless steel/aluminum lining systems, ect. I enjoyed my job & was pretty good at it. Unfortunately last January I broke my ankle. After 2 surgeries, 2 plates & 13 screws, I can no longer walk of roofs confidently.

I actually discovered FS15 on the 360 while I was layed up recovering. Bought an Xbox one just to play FS17 for the last 2 months of recovery.

I currently operate a Robosaw Jet at a granite countertop company. I am responsible for laying out a countertop onto a slab of granite using a CAD program & proceeding to use the robotic arm to cut & waterjet the pieces. Sometimes I operate the CNC to edge the pieces & sometimes I polish the edges by hand, depends on the work load that day.

It's not as fun as free standing on a 50ft chimney while running brushes through it, but it's alright.Image
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I’m a broke college kid at the moment but I grew up around a farm (purely agricultural) and wishing I could spend more time out there my family doesn’t own more than 70 acres of what’s farmed (they farm well over 6,000 acres) but we’ve known the family for generations and since the boss knows I can run the equipment he sometimes calls me and asks me to come out and help them when they get backed up I’d work on the farm all my life if I could, “If you love what you do you will never work a day in your life.” -Thomas Edison