Unreal Giants...

Farmer_S

Unreal Giants...

Post by Farmer_S »

So I just read in a bug report topic for the Big Bud DLC that there's likely not going to be an update for it in FS17. Seriously, if there's a bug, especially something as big as that, you should invest some time in customer support. Sure, I get that you guys were sent the wrong blueprints, but why do we have to suffer for that? I'm sure it's easy enough to get the right data. This and some other things is why I'm getting a bit frustrated and starting to see why others feel the same way. Don't get me wrong, I support you guys, but you gotta return the favor. Ever since FS15, I've bought every DLC until now, and considering getting the platinum edition, but what if turns out to be the same situation as this? Where does one draw the line? Sorry, but you'll have to do a little better than this.
redglasses

Re: Unreal Giants...

Post by redglasses »

The update was done almost as soon as the dlc was released, and it isnt really a bug. It sure aint game breaking, check out some of erwin's post that might help
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Whats the bug?
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

eric21 wrote:Whats the bug?
Sounds like the YP-2425
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

FordFarmer97 wrote:
eric21 wrote:Whats the bug?
Sounds like the YP-2425
Yes, it's the YP-2425 bug report I'm referring to. Anyone is free to go take a look, it's easy to find in the bug reports section. I was kinda shocked, even though I shouldn't really be as of late, to see that Giants have no plans to fix a fault in their DLC. It would appear that they've got the money, so now it's on us. Not the way for a good company to behave. As I said in the original post, not sure if I ought to spend the money on the platinum edition. I probably will since it adds the only way of doing sugarcane, but as for future DLCs that add nothing different other than brands, I may reconsider supporting them if this is the way they'll deal with bug reports such as this one. Like redglasses stated, it's not game breaking, but is still terrible, even worse to see it completely ignored. Also, it is indeed a bug, they've even stated that they received the wrong blueprints, so the model is faulty. Sorry to sound negative, but this is getting ridiculous. I do hope a member of the Giants team takes a good look at this thread. And maybe, hopefully, if a miracle occurs, they'll do something about it. But I'm not expecting that miracle, if it happens, then that's absolutely wonderful.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I've used the YP-2425 a lot. I haven't noticed any issues with it. That's not saying the Big Bud DLC doesn't have it's fair share of issues, but it's still been my favorite DLC so far.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Its not a bug its just a missing part, which can be made up for with the mf weight
My Discord
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Ah, well I've not missed it.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

My issue with it is that it is soooooo back heavy. I literally pushes the 450 around when turning and make turning extremely difficult.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

fenixguy wrote:I've used the YP-2425 a lot. I haven't noticed any issues with it. That's not saying the Big Bud DLC doesn't have it's fair share of issues, but it's still been my favorite DLC so far.
Same. Been using it with the T8s without the MF weight with this seeder without issues. Before that I used the 8700s. They work just fine.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

It doesn't seem to work well with the Challengers
PS4
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

so it is realistic, thanks for the realism giants, everyone can stop complaining now :lol: , but it is great to have someone with experience around here, thanks for putting in your info *thumbsup*
My Discord
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

It helps for me if I put a Hatzenbichler Commodity Cart in front of it
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

canadafarms wrote:It doesn't seem to work well with the Challengers
That's all I've ever used it with. Both tracked versions and the 4x4. I don't think I've had it hooked to anything else.
Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

redglasses wrote:so it is realistic, thanks for the realism giants, everyone can stop complaining now :lol: , but it is great to have someone with experience around here, thanks for putting in your info *thumbsup*
Giants even said it was a bug. But that's not the problem here. The problem is that they refuse to fix a fault in their DLC, something that I paid money for, that's what the real problem is. If you want to talk realism, please go take a look at said thread and see the pictures posted of the real life planter. You would be able to see that the hitch is much longer in the real life version, and if it was like that in-game, this thread wouldn't exist. So yeah, not "realistic" as you say.
Also, the pushing around isn't the problem, it's the turning. I bet if you asked Drmattymd how well it turns in real life, compared to in-game, you'd find that it's not as it is in real life. Feel free to clarify on that Drmattymd.

Also thanks for the tip FordFarmer97, I just don't want to do that if I don't have to, as it wouldn't ever be done in real life. But if Giants refuses to fix it, I may well have to.